No announcement yet.

Pathetic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m dumbfounded at how we so savagely fell apart at the time when Robbo normally has us peaking.

Comment

Disappointing, not pathetic.

Like JT I'm a bit mystified by our late season collapse. After the Bondi Wall returned in our vital 18-6 win in Canberra, followed by a flogging of the Knights I thought "here we go again, Robbo has worked his magic once more."

But then we fell in a heap. Just bizarre from the outside looking in. And what makes it worse is that the SBW move paid off big time last night. He was absolutely immense and provided that missing link we so desperately needed.

It was just basically everything else that fell apart. Maybe it is as simple as the cumulative effect of the last three seasons of footy. And it hit the team overnight; especially our warriors Cords & JWH. Still, I can't be angry after they've both abused their bodies for this club. I'd rather remember their epic GF embrace in 2018 than focus on the end of 2020.

Bottom line is it's been an extraordinary period and I can't be angry. The Tigers are pathetic. The Broncos are pathetic. Even Souffs are a pathetic club for their actions.

We are the mighty Roosters, led by a mighty man in Robbo. And I couldn't be prouder.

Comment

I’m not at all surprised they fell away a bit at the end, they were obviously busted which is totally to be expected. History shows how hard is is to go back to back. No luck with injuries all year, right up to the end with the two front rowers out last night. Canberra were there for the taking, their forwards were gone in the second half. With Collins there punching through the middle we win for sure but had to rely on backs to do the hit ups with all the injuries.

Very hard to please if you can’t appreciate how close they went to winning both those finals with all they were up against in my opinion.

Comment

Would like to know what the team's true injury situation was at the time of the Souths debacle and after. Otherwise pinacle success was always going to be unlikely without Cronk's game management.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxy Walker View Post
            I’m not at all surprised they fell away a bit at the end, they were obviously busted which is totally to be expected. History shows how hard is is to go back to back. No luck with injuries all year, right up to the end with the two front rowers out last night. Canberra were there for the taking, their forwards were gone in the second half. With Collins there punching through the middle we win for sure but had to rely on backs to do the hit ups with all the injuries.

Very hard to please if you can’t appreciate how close they went to winning both those finals with all they were up against in my opinion.
            I agree mate. I was immensely proud of them last night. Losing Collins before kick off, then SST. Getting some seriously tough calls and falling behind 16 nil, most teams would have folded but this 'pathetic' team was still fighting hard right until the end. I was 7 in 74/75 and didn't really appreciate how good we had it, but I feel so lucky to have been a Rooster the last couple of years. To sum it up, I will never forget the message I received from my god son after last years Grand Final, 'thanks for getting me in to the best team in the world'

Comment

jeez some people are hard to please round here.

Comment

What was the stripping like from telly point of view as i havent seen replay yet - and maybe not ever - such as when Butcher got done.. again... ?

Comment

After all our injury losses which causes havoc on our combinations I was just glad to have made the semi's, The club has had a truly awful run of luck this year.

Comment

Go back 3 weeks and most of us were saying that the team were peaking at the right time. Then to uncharacteristically fall apart is disappointing.

Proud of what the boys did in the last two seasons. B2B premierships is amazing. But regarding 2020 to go out in straight sets is underachieving for such a quality team who as the experience and know how to succeed.

I have to respectfully disagree with a few on this thread. IMO 2020 wasnt a great season, by the standards this team has set.

Comment

Originally posted by SupermanSupportsEasts4Eva View Post
                      Go back 3 weeks and most of us were saying that the team were peaking at the right time. Then to uncharacteristically fall apart is disappointing.

Proud of what the boys did in the last two seasons. B2B premierships is amazing. But regarding 2020 to go out in straight sets is underachieving for such a quality team who as the experience and know how to succeed.

I have to respectfully disagree with a few on this thread. IMO 2020 wasnt a great season, by the standards this team has set.
                      To allow 26 unanswered points against Penrith & 16 against the Raiders was pretty weak and shows we were a fair way off the mark. Finishing top 4 and going out in straight sets surely deems this season a failure

Comment

Originally posted by Easts75 View Post

To allow 26 unanswered points against Penrith & 16 against the Raiders was pretty weak and shows we were a fair way off the mark. Finishing top 4 and going out in straight sets surely deems this season a failure
                        A crazy season.
                        Started with two losses then the break.
                        We had to start fast. Adapt to the new rules introduced mid-season. Key injuries to Rads and Verrills which we didn't really have cover for.
                        Long term injuries throughout the season. I think at one point we had 11 out. No doubt players playing with injuries. No byes. Friend key out against Panthers. Collins then SST key outs against Raiders. Probably could have won both with fair calls. It just looked like the petrol tank was empty by semis.

A bit harsh to say failure. Like 2015 where we were the best team, just too many factors that needs to go your way during the year didn't go ours. If we have Friend, SST, Collins, Rads and Verrills playing full games the last two weeks things are different. Penrith, Storm and Eels seem to have the luck with injuries this year and probably Souths when you consider they look a much better team without Trell at fullback.

Comment

Its a virus year, changed the rules due to all this we lost house hold names in the team! Most important VICTOR! STILL made top 4 , we aint shit ,its just a shit year for NRL an the world! EAST 4 LIFE

Comment

I warned everyone earlier in the year that the intention of the new rules was to kill Roosters/Storm defensive dominance ala 2005 rule changes to kill Roosters/Bulldogs.

Having said that, despite key injuries to Radley and Verrills, we were one Jake Friend concussion away from a genuine shot at the title. Many of you are massively overreacting calling for a complete cleanout of the roster.

Comment

Originally posted by Vasco View Post
                              Agree with Bansai.

The team was flying then all of sudden 3 straight losses

Club legends falling off tackles. Soft tries up the middle.

The club has some major issues to address:

1. Cordner should be asked to retire. It is obvious his career is over. Forget about SOO and walk away with your head up high.

2. Ditto Jake Friend.

3. Need to find a replacement for Flanagan ASAP. He is not the answer.

4. Need a succession plan for JWH.

5. Ditto the Morris brothers.

6. Need some back ups for SST as he will miss half of next season.

7. Kearys career is hanging by a thread. What's the plan?

8. Re-sign Crighton for 10 years.

9. Convince SBW to play 1 more season. He and Crighton kept us in the game.

10. Unless he was injured Robbo needs to explain why he took Crighton off.

11. Fark the NRL.
                              Agree with most of this except keeping SBW for whole of next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

Keary what’s the plan!? What do you think the plan is genius? Tell him not to knock his head? Would that be a good plan?
                                I love it how you attack people when you don't like what you read. As though you are above people and if it's not what you believe then that person must be an idiot. I feel sorry for you.

I'm concerned that he is getting fragile and might only be a couple of head knocks from retirement.

If that makes me a genius then thank you. I appreciate it.

Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Working...
                                X