21-MAN SQUAD v THE KNIGHTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Axe View Post
    I can see Manu rested and Sitilli under the rotation strategy. Both due a rest. FMD even Hall may score his first 2KY for the club against their backline
    Those young pups don’t need a rest. Save the resting for the older fellas.

Also I thought Sitilli had a rest last Saturday.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 09-08-2020, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Have you seen the knights team.
      OBrien must be aiming for 2/3, and banking on rabbitohs 2 from 3 also, so knights get their home final

Comment

rest sst

Comment

Originally posted by mattyh View Post
          rest sst
          Carried the side throughout the injury period. Really deserves a week off. Teddy could do with a break too.

Comment

Originally posted by chopstiks View Post
            Have you seen the knights team.
            OBrien must be aiming for 2/3, and banking on rabbitohs 2 from 3 also, so knights get their home final
            They've got something like 9 of their first graders out for this one though.

They will be more competitive than you'd expect because they are well coached and Pearce + Klemmer are still on the park, but i'd expect we'll get them by 15+.

Comment

Even though they are down on troops I have a feeling they won't be a pushover.
              I rate Klemmer, Saifiti, Fitzgibbon , Pearce and Edrick Lee as handy players.
              They belted the Sharks last week, and gave us a similar belting last year.
              So no need to be complacent.

Comment

SST needs a breather, he has been our best without a shadow of a doubt, I think if Robbo rests him it’s next week vs the Drug cheats.
                I think this week is all about consolidating our position especially seeing as Parra will most likely lose to the Riff, Newcastle are tricky but given their outs should pose very little threat, I dare say they will toil for 40-50 mins and then we run away with it, contain Klemmer spread it wide and let our backs dominate the game. Looking forward to watching Flanno build on last weeks performance steering the ship and taking on the line he was the dominant half (and had to be).

Easts 25
                Knights 6

Comment

Originally posted by BUDDY View Post

It looks like they are sacrificing this game.
                  I agree, and no I don't think they will tank, although I have seen a suggestion that they might on another footy forum!

I would like to see SST and Teddy rested either this week or next. Lussick possibly deserves another chance, based on his solid performance last week, but I can understand why he might not get the call up given Jake is back and (presumably) fully functional.
                  MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
                  is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
                  with that attitude. I can assure you it is
                  much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

less than a month ago i thought we'd struggle to make the top 4. now we've got everybody back and firing.
                    i was glad we got sbw but it's not until seeing him play last week that it's struck home how good he could be for us.
                    lussick was great but jake is the cement in the bondi wall so that's an upgrade.
                    can't believe how good angus played last week. he'll be an asset.
                    keary was a passenger last week. either his ribs are no good or he'll step up a level from here on in.
                    and, fmd, how good's teddy, the moz bros, toops, joey, flanno, tauks, all the forwards, the bench, the rest of the squad, the coach and the assistant coaches.

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post
                      less than a month ago i thought we'd struggle to make the top 4. now we've got everybody back and firing.
                      i was glad we got sbw but it's not until seeing him play last week that it's struck home how good he could be for us.
                      lussick was great but jake is the cement in the bondi wall so that's an upgrade.
                      can't believe how good angus played last week. he'll be an asset.
                      keary was a passenger last week. either his ribs are no good or he'll step up a level from here on in.
                      and, fmd, how good's teddy, the moz bros, toops, joey, flanno, tauks, all the forwards, the bench, the rest of the squad, the coach and the assistant coaches.
                      Mate even the ball boys were good .

Comment

Originally posted by roostermcgregor View Post
                        Even though they are down on troops I have a feeling they won't be a pushover.
                        I rate Klemmer, Saifiti, Fitzgibbon , Pearce and Edrick Lee as handy players.
                        They belted the Sharks last week, and gave us a similar belting last year.
                        So no need to be complacent.
                        It will be a massacre.

Comment

Think I'd prefer to wait until we're assured of a top 4 spot before handing out the leave passes. Then give Teddy, Manu, SST or whoever needs a break a week off before the semi assault

Comment

I think it would be advantageous to finish 4th and drive to Penrith in Week 1 of the semis rather than have a 1 day return trip to Brisbane to play Melbourne in week 1.

Comment

I think O'Brien has broken the sword over his knee and conceded this one by resting Ponga and Barnett. He's giving them a rest and backing them to win their last two games and for us to beat the bunnies in the last round so he gets a home final.
                              Id be resting SST he's had a heavy workload all year and we have plenty of blokes on the bench.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Brass View Post
                                I think O'Brien has broken the sword over his knee and conceded this one by resting Ponga and Barnett. He's giving them a rest and backing them to win their last two games and for us to beat the bunnies in the last round so he gets a home final.
                                Id be resting SST he's had a heavy workload all year and we have plenty of blokes on the bench.
                                I hope it doesn’t give us a false sense of security and get ambushed. Has happened before but I think we are about to turn up the heat in time for the finals so I don’t think we will. Next week will be a better chance for us to rest players IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                X