Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Titans could roll Roosters

playing wrong players..

Yeah, nah. I don’t agree with that. The team is held together by tape at this point but we still have the best spine in the NRL. That and SST who’s been in great form should get us home.

Comment

The Ragtag Warriors proved last night that any team can beat any other team at any time. If the Roosters take the Titans lightly, they will lose.

Comment

Never take any game light but this does present a chance to rest a few player who need it the most.

Comment

I am tipping Hall to bag a try against the Titans. I still think we should have too much firepower and hopefully Teddy, Keary and Manu can carve them open enough times to come out on top.

Comment

Originally posted by Bahrain Rooster View Post
            Yeah, nah. I don’t agree with that. The team is held together by tape at this point but we still have the best spine in the NRL. That and SST who’s been in great form should get us home.
            Agreed.

They COULD roll us because we're using a lot of 2nd/3rd string players but Robbo's made the right call in not playing people who are seriously injured. Most of them will return soon.

Titans will still have to control Teddy, Manu, Keary, Flanno, JWH, Friend, SST, Liu, Sitili, Collins, Butch...etc if they wanna win. IMO we have better coaching, systems and players than the Titans, even without some of our big guns.

Comment

I don’t think we will lose but $1.07 is ridiculous

Comment

total danger game imo banana peel

Comment

Not with the side they’ve got. We will be alright.
                  Once you’ve had fat, you’ll never turn back

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny73 View Post
                    The Ragtag Warriors proved last night that any team can beat any other team at any time. If the Roosters take the Titans lightly, they will lose.
                    This is the critical point for me. We should win but, if even a hint of complacency sets in, we could be in a spot of bother. I think we will get there, but it will only be by a margin of something like six or eight.

At the moment, under the circumstances, I will take that.
                    MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
                    is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
                    with that attitude. I can assure you it is
                    much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

haven't been following em but watched their second half last week and they're no easy beats.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
                        I don’t think we will lose but $1.07 is ridiculous
                        I agree. I would have thought that we would have drifted out to, say, at least $1.50 or more. I always get nervous when the odds are this lop sided!
                        MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
                        is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
                        with that attitude. I can assure you it is
                        much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

Originally posted by Mad_Rabid_Rooster View Post

This is the critical point for me. We should win but, if even a hint of complacency sets in, we could be in a spot of bother. I think we will get there, but it will only be by a margin of something like six or eight.

At the moment, under the circumstances, I will take that.
                          If we make a lot of errors and the refs do their same dirty deed of pushing us to peel off tackles at a super human pace while letting them suffocate us, they'll be a chance (so long as they lift and play their best game of the season).A CHANCE... if all that happens.

This will be a good test of our systems. IMO the big difference between us and them is that Robbo develops players (e.g. Teddy and Keary weren't even rep players when he signed them, now they are the best in the business... other than that he's mostly got home grown stars and guys like JWH/SST/Tupou who technically played elsewhere but found form under our systems). Whereas thingamabob inherited Peat, Proctor, Peachey, Arrow, Taylor, AJ Brimson (who I swear should black basketball with a name like that)...etc and has done nothing with them.

I see no reason why Hall, Ikuvalu and Fifita shouldn't be up to the same standard as the nuffies the Titans are fielding. Don is okay at scoring tries. Hodgo reckons Copley is Origin standard. Whatevz... if we respect them we should be able to compete with them. Unlike last week, we haven't just had 5 days off so I expect a LOT better!!!

Comment

At least complacency won't be an issue for us today. It could be for them thought with so many of our regulars out. They will surely be thinking they are a chance in this game. Based on our recent form and their recent form they could be.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

If we make a lot of errors and the refs do their same dirty deed of pushing us to peel off tackles at a super human pace while letting them suffocate us, they'll be a chance (so long as they lift and play their best game of the season).A CHANCE... if all that happens.

This will be a good test of our systems. IMO the big difference between us and them is that Robbo develops players (e.g. Teddy and Keary weren't even rep players when he signed them, now they are the best in the business... other than that he's mostly got home grown stars and guys like JWH/SST/Tupou who technically played elsewhere but found form under our systems). Whereas thingamabob inherited Peat, Proctor, Peachey, Arrow, Taylor, AJ Brimson (who I swear should black basketball with a name like that)...etc and has done nothing with them.

I see no reason why Hall, Ikuvalu and Fifita shouldn't be up to the same standard as the nuffies the Titans are fielding. Don is okay at scoring tries. Hodgo reckons Copley is Origin standard. Whatevz... if we respect them we should be able to compete with them. Unlike last week, we haven't just had 5 days off so I expect a LOT better!!!
                              How unfortunate that this observation is true.

Comment

Working...
                              X