Let Lam and Lussick play hooker next week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let Lam and Lussick play hooker next week

Friend is not up to speed in play and passing. Give him a rest or consider leaving him out

Friend just isn't an 80 minute player, never really was even 2012/2013 Morts was spelling Friend and that was 7 years ago, The game as it stands just looks too quick for Jake as he gets gassed far too quickly and the errors just keep coming. Robbo needs to find a way in rotating him effectively.

Comment

Jake looks young and fast compared to Maubs.

Comment

He's the toughest player at the club & has to be out there for long minutes because he is so hardarse & no one else can match him in the middle when defending.

Comment

Originally posted by Monaco's Fan Club View Post
          Friend is not up to speed in play and passing. Give him a rest or consider leaving him out
          Yes, I agree. Give Jake a rest, start Lam and introduce Lussick off the bench. The Titans game is the one to experiment with.

I still predict that, if he plays, Ryan Hall will break his duck next week!
          MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
          is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
          with that attitude. I can assure you it is
          much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

Jake is a club great Monster heart but atm he is not producing the goods I think coming off the bench to replace young lam will do him good

Comment

Unless he can learn at age 30 that he needs to pass backwards his time is up. Seriously that is poor. You just can’t afford 3+ stupid errors a game - very few players can make up for that level of negativity on the outcome. And Jake isn’t one if them.

Comment

I think Friend just needs a break during the game. Bring Lachy in with 15 minutes to go in the first half and the first 15-20 of the second half.

A bit extreme leaving him completely out. Funny how many wanted Friend gone last year. After the GF the same people said they will never question him again. Short memories.

Comment

Mate I assume you have seen Lussick play plenty of times
                  to suggest he is ready for NRL. I have never seen him play. Can you please tell me a bit about him.

Comment

Be a brave coach to leave Friendly out - made 47 tackles in the 59 minutes he played -crazy idea especially suggesting putting in an under 20 player who hasn't played 1 minute of football all season.

Comment

Leaving Jake out also leaves a massive defensive hole in our team ,agree give him a rest and not play 89 but noway leave him out

Comment

Don’t give up on Friend so quickly, we’ve been down this road before. He’s not up to 80 minutes and 50+ tackles a game. Needs a rest and his defense is very much needed.

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post
                          Be a brave coach to leave Friendly out - made 47 tackles in the 59 minutes he played -crazy idea especially suggesting putting in an under 20 player who hasn't played 1 minute of football all season.
                          Finally somebody talkking a bit of sense. Other then his forward pass he did nothing wrong and probably came up with the play iof the game by talking to the ref as they left the field at half time. We hardly trained all week and in the first half,. the game was so stop statrt, it didn't allow Keary and Teddy to get any space. Penalties were 6-2 against and we couldn't buy a call. All of a sudden after a half time chat with Jake we got the first 4 penalties of the second half and nenver really looked like losing. A couple of 6 again calls still should have gone our way, but with the slowness of the ruck and lack of flow to the game it was always going to stay tight.

Comment

Friend and his forward passes. What goes through his head? Just don't pass the ball if it looks like it may be forward. He has been around long enough to correct this part of his game. Sometimes players do over run the play, doesn't mean you still pass to someone in a offside position. In the last few games, the Roosters have been playing sideways in attack. When they straighten it up they look good Inside balls are needed to make the defense stop and make decisions. Attack has been too crab like in recent weeks. As for the performance of the referee, the Sutton influence was there to see. Until we see the back of the Sutton strangle hold on the refs, the game will continue to suffer.
                            Sickie Lame .... King of Bestiality

Comment

Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post

Finally somebody talkking a bit of sense. Other then his forward pass he did nothing wrong and probably came up with the play iof the game by talking to the ref as they left the field at half time. We hardly trained all week and in the first half,. the game was so stop statrt, it didn't allow Keary and Teddy to get any space. Penalties were 6-2 against and we couldn't buy a call. All of a sudden after a half time chat with Jake we got the first 4 penalties of the second half and nenver really looked like losing. A couple of 6 again calls still should have gone our way, but with the slowness of the ruck and lack of flow to the game it was always going to stay tight.
                              yea agreed, but he seems to pass one forward every game. he needs a break though, maybe play him for 30 mins in first half , then spell him with lam. ditto 2nd half.

Comment

Working...
                              X