X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bunker

What a farrrking wanker is anesley the dribble that he comes out with

Its not an easy gig.
    If I was the NRL I wouldnt have Anesley saying they got it wrong. The media & fans micro analyse the game finding every mistake which is not normal. There is mistakes big deal, we all make mistakes. Thousands of decisions are being made at a split second by the refs & they get at least 97% of them right.

Comment

I always thought the bunker should only be replaying the reviews at normal speed, 3 looks and make the decision.

Comment

When you speed up the game !!!!! By changing rules an playing on with 1 ref not 2 an dont expect to make bad calls this year is bloody stupid! I thought by getting rid of 1 ref the bunker will act as the 2nd ref but only having them rule on try results WTF
        NRL is supposed to be a professional sport!

Comment

The game was invented to be refereed on at full normal speed, and that's the way it was played for the first 70 years, and thats the way it should be played now. If you want to slow down every try scored to decide whether it should be allowed, then you also need to scrutinise every play the pall, tackle and pass, and that would be an end to the game a an entertainment. The media caused this by ridiculing refs decisions after using slow motion replays back in the 1980's, I honestly don't think anyone enjoys the bunker process, and back in the old days the onfield decisions would even out. I would love to go back to no slow motion replays, have the refs make a decision, and move on. But you would have to have a total ban on the media doing it, because the pack of whore that they are would be salivating at the chance to cause some kind of controversy.

Comment

Just like all professional sports the good / bad call ratio is around the 95%/5%!!
            NRL good/bad ratio prob 50%/50% its a bloody joke as a professional sport

Comment

I’d like to see how many mistakes were made by refs on field before the introduction of the video referral and if they were any worse that what they are now.
              ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

i was at a game where stumpy stevens put up a bomb. it happened to go through the posts and greg hartley throws his arm in the air and blows the whistle. roosters 1 manly 0. you don't get those sorts of shockers any more.

Comment

I don’t worry about refs mistakes. The best team seems
                  to win the comp every year, the second best team comes runner up and the worst team comes last. It evens out in the end and the cream will always rise to the top. Us being the cream of course.

Comment

We don’t need Analsley to confirm ref errors we can all see it and judge for ourselves.

Comment

Maybe the nrl should introduced a bunker to review the bunker reviewing tries/no tries/captain challenges and so forth
                      EASTS TO WIN!

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
                        I don’t worry about refs mistakes. The best team seems
                        to win the comp every year, the second best team comes runner up and the worst team comes last. It evens out in the end and the cream will always rise to the top. Us being the cream of course.
                        mate ...spot on, so correct, despite all the whinging on the chookpen, the last 2 years we've still win ? why we were the best team . in 2017 , Melbourne won ...why they were the best team. game set match.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
                          We don’t need Analsley to confirm ref errors we can all see it and judge for ourselves.
                          I think it's a good thing. Too often those accountable have failed to front up and own up.

Just like coaches and players have to front up to the media Graham Annesley has shown he's willing to admit to their mistakes when they get it wrong.

Given the pressures around the job I think he's shown great leadership so far and been a step forward for the game. Like all professional sports we still get it horribly wrong from time to time but then surely we can all admit to making mistakes in our day jobs too. No one is perfect and like you said generally I believe the best teams end up rising to the top.

Comment

Wests Tigers are pissed at Latrell getting 2 weeks while Joey Leilua got 4 weeks. Seems as if you run in from a distance and clobber someone around the chops from behind they take into consideration if you were aggravated- well thats according to Annesley. Either Leilua should have got 2 weeks or Latrell should have got 4. Theres no reason that justifies taking someone with a swinging arm off the ball.

As for Reynolds he should have got 12 weeks or zero. If it was deemed that he purposely kicked Campbell in the head then its just under eye gauging as one of the worst things you can do. If it was an accident- and i really think it was- then its a zero charge. Reynolds has some grubby ways -especially with tripping- but theres no way he was aiming to kick Campbell in the head

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

I think it's a good thing. Too often those accountable have failed to front up and own up.

Just like coaches and players have to front up to the media Graham Annesley has shown he's willing to admit to their mistakes when they get it wrong.

Given the pressures around the job I think he's shown great leadership so far and been a step forward for the game. Like all professional sports we still get it horribly wrong from time to time but then surely we can all admit to making mistakes in our day jobs too. No one is perfect and like you said generally I believe the best teams end up rising to the top.
                              Absolutely mate I agree with all this. I was meaning to comment that the mistakes are really obvious usually and we all know anyway. Yes it’s great the refs are held accountable and publicly mentioned by the boss.

Comment

Working...
                              X