No announcement yet.

Ashley klein is a cheat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ref Smith wins again..dont know why refs just send him off ...most of smith reffing is to give his players a rest
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Originally posted by BenCumminsIsACheat View Post

I don't think we were allowed to challenge it.

From official rules book:
      – "A challenge is only permissible in instances where the referee makes a decision that results in the match recommencing with a structured restart. A structured restart includes the following: Scrum, Penalty (quick tap, free-kick into touch, penalty goal attempt), 6th tackle handover, 20m restart, goal line drop-out." – Doesn't say a kick-off which would have been the resulting restart
      – "A challenge cannot be requested during general play if a whistle has not already been blown to indicate a stoppage e.g. a defending captain/player who suspects that the referee has missed a knock-on from an attacking player may not stop general play by requesting a challenge."
      – When a field goal is awarded, you can only challenge an obstruction
      Even unluckier then, probably something a pocket referee picks up due to his angle behind the ruck.....a long way from either touchline for a touchie, unlucky - only have ourselves to blame for the Storm being in position for the shot period.

Comment

Ref was poor but we were worse , to many mistakes . Remember the GF last year when the six again call and we were saying get over it , there is 80 min in a game of footy . Same thing applies here . We were our own worst enemy but still cant fault the boys effort . Morris boys , Flanno , Luke , the forwards and even Cords was massive except for errors and who penalises a bloke that just had a head knock and plays the ball wrong .

Comment

I can't believe people on here are blaming the ref. we we rubbish, dropped balls, intercepts, brain snaps in extra time , that's why we lost. go 're watch the game.stop blaming the ref you pussies, I bet Mr Robinson ain't blaming the ref. but I know some boys will have catching practice this week.

Comment

Surprised that Jake didn't challenge any calls late in that game - even if unlikely to win the challenge, we should use it with time running out and one still up our sleeve

eg any hope in challenging that Dale didn't play the ball properly (wasn't on his feet) before the push? Worth a shot

Comment

You would nearly have to say that if there was 2 refs the Brandon Smith knock on would have been picked up.....but what could have Klein been looking at instead?

Anyhow it is yesterdays news now so we look forward to next week. I just hope we don't Klein again this year....i actually hope no side does

Comment

We lost the game, Melbourne didn't win it. Some shocking plays by us.

Comment

you need to own up to when you make mistakes - and we made plenty - but that doesn't mean the refs shouldn't be scrutinised.

i think it's forgivable that klein missed smith's knock on but it was a crucial mistake. if he gets that right - we win. sure, that mistake wasn't the only reason we lost but it was decisive. there's no rule against criticising a ref when he makes a result-changing decision. that was the last possible play of the game - it is not possible for a ref to make a more negative contribution to a game's result.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post
                    Cordner touched the ball with his foot.
                    Ripped off.

We would've won the game if we hadn't made 347 mistakes.
                    Boys did their best, just wasn't good enough tonite.
                    We basically kept giving them back the ball and saying "have another turn".

The mistakes must be corrected before next week.
                    We can't afford to keep losing games.
                    Keep losing games?

Bunnings has a special on rope bud.
                    FVCK CANCER

Comment

Too many errors from our part and having bias ref doesn't help either. We probably only had 2 penalties and zero 6-again

Comment

Originally posted by King Salvo View Post

Does anyone know what can or can't be challenged? looked like a knock on and Coords did play the ball- clumsy as it was it did go backwards from his foot. -Robbo might need to give them more than 2 days off to recover
                        I said last week B4 the saints game that the ref for that game, Atkins, was very pedantic on how the play of the ball has to be, bring that it has to roll ‘perfectly’ from the foot on the ground to the dummy half. He would give a penalty if that didn’t happen. If that’s the case then maybe it’s an instruction from the NRL to penalise sloppy play the ball. I find that ruling pedantic because if the player makes an attempt to play the ball as they’re supposed to, then give them a break if it’s slightly off because they should allow for some fatigue. It’s not like A Fifita who constantly rolls the ball back with little to no attempt to put his foot on the ball... Anyway Cordner did play the ball wrong BUT he wasn’t in good shape when he got up.

Comment

Originally posted by Showsh View Post
                          Why wasn’t the last penalty against Friend just 6 again? It was a ruck infringement, wasn’t it?
                          Indeed.

Anyone got an answer?

Comment

Originally posted by player 1 View Post

Indeed.

Anyone got an answer?
                            Finucane knocked the ball on. The ref had no option.

Finucane the new milkman. Starting to fit very well within the Storm system.

Comment

For sure Easts made a zillion mistakes that game and absolutely handed chance after chance to the drizzle.

Drizzle's slowing of the ruck all game suited them well - however I though we were operating under different ruck speeds since the comp restart? Not this game. Oh except for us, he got us off the tackled player very fast.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthChook View Post
                                Surprised that Jake didn't challenge any calls late in that game - even if unlikely to win the challenge, we should use it with time running out and one still up our sleeve

eg any hope in challenging that Dale didn't play the ball properly (wasn't on his feet) before the push? Worth a shot
                                I think I read somewhere this morning he tried to on a couple more occasions but the rules wouldnt allow it...probably right i remember when the ref explained to him on one occasion that he couldnt make a captains call ...????
                                Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Working...
                                X