Ashley klein is a cheat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confirmed: Ashley Klein is a cheat for the Melbourne Storm

The one other game he has refereed for the Storm since the resumption was against the Panthers in Round 6.
    He awarded 0 (ZERO) set restarts to the Panthers, despite gifting 7 to the Storm.
    Tonight he gives us 1 (Excluding the new not-square market one).
    This is quite odd considering Melbourne is known to slow down and wrestle more than any other team and increases in play the ball speed have been noted by a number of other Chookpeners.
    By comparison in the other 4 games without Klein, they have given up on average over 4 restarts per game.

Something smells fishy

Comment

Sigh... one that got away.

I thought the refs were harsh but we weren't good enough to seal the deal despite having all the right opportunities.

One for the lesson book IMO. We'll get 'em back next time!

Comment

Toops just have to catch one of those kicks and we win the game. We copped some tough calls but we're normally good enough to overcome them, tonight we weren't

Comment

Oh well, can't go back.
          5 minutes ago is history.

We had to play our best footy to win.
          We did not, so we did not win.

We only lost by 2 , so there's some hope left.

Toops bomb-catching technique needs fixing. Elbows closer together. Do we have a bomb-catching coach?
          Manu's play the ball technique needs fixing. Must stand up and the play the ball properly.

Dumb passes and dumb offloads need eradicating from our game.
          Possession of the ball is vital.
          Completions are vital.

Today is Friday....only 6 days after today til our next away game under lights.
          Training must be done under lights.

Didn't ya just looove the commentators, seemingly to a man, seemingly cheering for the Storm?
          Time to give a cold shoulder to the media, the game officials, and those who employ them.

"Everyone hates the Roosters"...seems to be.
          Two can play that game.

Must be getting close to the time we start treating game officials and the media with contempt.
          The refereeing of our game last night was a disgrace.
          V'landys promised better.
          Better there is not...obviously.
          Nothing changes...so we must change.
          Starting with...every phone (except for fans and sponsors...the Roosters family) goes on voicemail.
          "We're busy right now, leave a message if you want to, the time delay for returning calls is about 3 weeks".
          Last edited by bondi.boy; 07-03-2020, 06:29 AM.

Comment

Gutted after that loss, especially after the huge efforts by both Morris boys and Kyle Flannagan. I thought Vunavalu charged into Cords on that short kick off but Melbourne got the penalty, huge turning point. When Cords played the ball obviously concussed, the ref said it was ok, but got overruled... by who? Why couldn't they have taken him off and got someone else to play it? Like they do if a player is tackled and injured and loses the ball. Friend did push Finucane, but Finucane dived to get the penalty. A lot of calls could have gone the other way, most if them hurt us. But in reality if we had held on to win by one point, what difference would it have made..... none. Maybe we will take more from that loss than we would have from a win. I thought we had it, I thought we were the better team, maybe we clocked off 30 seconds too early, I think we will be better for it.

Comment

Klein is an idiot but not the reason we lost.

Comment

He should not have been given that game.

Comment

The ol blame the ref trick again because we lost.
                  The Roosters lost the game not the ref.

Comment

Originally posted by SupermanSupportsEasts4Eva View Post
                    Why weren't we given any set restarts when the cheats were lying in the ruck all game?
                    One can only guess.

Comment

A blatant knock on.

This just makes the loss worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                        A blatant knock on.

I've been saying this for weeks now but this is why we need the 2nd referee. So many errors in the play the ball have gone unseen across just about every game.
                        I think they hoped that the touch judges would assume extra responsibility but they have time and again proved themselves to be incompetent

Comment

A blatant knock on.

We had our challenge still, if the refs and all of our players missed it then it was likely very difficult to notice from in front of Brandon Smith - unlucky.

Comment

A blatant knock on.

i hadn't picked that up. wouldn't call it easy to see with the naked eye but it was definitely a knock on. no doubt.

we should have had a captain's challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by elo View Post

We had our challenge still, if the refs and all of our players missed it then it was likely very difficult to notice from in front of Brandon Smith - unlucky.
                              I don't think we were allowed to challenge it.

From official rules book:
                              – "A challenge is only permissible in instances where the referee makes a decision that results in the match recommencing with a structured restart. A structured restart includes the following: Scrum, Penalty (quick tap, free-kick into touch, penalty goal attempt), 6th tackle handover, 20m restart, goal line drop-out." – Doesn't say a kick-off which would have been the resulting restart
                              – "A challenge cannot be requested during general play if a whistle has not already been blown to indicate a stoppage e.g. a defending captain/player who suspects that the referee has missed a knock-on from an attacking player may not stop general play by requesting a challenge."
                              – When a field goal is awarded, you can only challenge an obstruction

Comment

A blatant knock on.

Meh... my mind is too messed up after last night for me to care. I don't even know what to think or whether to care about it.

We'll get 'em next time if our players are still standing.

Comment

Working...
                                X