No announcement yet.

John Bateman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I only want him if we sign Fifita, Hass, TPJ, Benji & every other player in the NRL so then the Roosters can have everyone & play against no one. Is Robbo Farah available for the vacant hooking spot at the Chooks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
      I only want him if we sign Fifita, Hass, TPJ, Benji & every other player in the NRL so then the Roosters can have everyone & play against no one. Is Robbo Farah available for the vacant hooking spot at the Chooks.
      I like the idea of getting Robbie and Benj to the club. That way we are almost guaranteed of finishing 9th.

Comment

Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post
        Wow, if all you experts reckon Bateman would be a waste of money He must be great. Plenty of you didn't want SBW, Cronk, Keary, Maloney, Teddy, Angus, JWH etc before they came here. His shoulder is no good... Teddys knee was no good. Blah blah blah. I've said my piece so I guess we will have to wait and see.
        Not so sure about JWH. I think when he played for Manly everyone could see he had a lot of mongrel and who doesn't want mongrel in their side.

Comment

Bateman is a good player but we have two great second rowers. We can't pay big money for a bench man. He supposedly reckons he is worth $800k. Seems like the warm beers have gone to his head. This guy seems less loyal than Ivan Cleary. We just don't need him. No questioning his ability though.

Let him go to one of the desperado clubs. I'm sick watching the Titans, Dogs, Warriors etc. They may the competition weak. They need better players. But paying $800k for Bateman is short term gain for long term pain. He is not worth this sort of money.
          Last edited by Thirteen; 07-01-2020, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Wow, if all you experts reckon Bateman would be a waste of money He must be great. Plenty of you didn't want SBW, Cronk, Keary, Maloney, Teddy, Angus, JWH etc before they came here. His shoulder is no good... Teddys knee was no good. Blah blah blah. I've said my piece so I guess we will have to wait and see.
            You remind me of the kid who pesters his parents to buy him the latest X-Box game until they give in, then once you get it. a new game comes out and you want that one instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
              I don’t think we have any Moses players at the moment. Let’s keep it that way thanks.
              This 100%. Neither Moses or Bateman have an ounce of character and therefore are beneath us.

Chook.

Comment

Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post
                One thing you're all missing- his manager has knocked back 750K a year upgrade from Canberra----and got told 900k a year is that starting bid....with clubs like bulldogs & Titans going ready to go above that price. We aren't talking about SBW here

In any event Nick wont deal with Batemans lebo manager.....so its not going to happen
                Isaac is Australian born and so are his parents and maternal grandparents. Not that it matters anyway.
                "It's these little things, they can pull you under
                Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

nope
                  Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Didn't Moses get de-registered or something?

Comment

We just don’t need him. Yes good player I don’t think anyone is denying that - but we have so many back rowers two good ones need to be left out each week before the victor injury.

it would be crazy to spend 800k on another backrower - it’s just a matter of roster balance - if we did that we would have and unbalanced roster and way too match tied up in edge forwards - then we would have to weaken other parts of the field.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
                        Didn't Moses get de-registered or something?
                        That it is the least of our family's worries at the moment Jack as we have a critically ill senior family member. This is the latest news regarding the registration:

https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/06/16/...n-isaac-moses/

My family needs prayers at the moment, not gossip, racial taunts and catty comments.

"It's these little things, they can pull you under
                        Live your life filled with joy and wonder"

Comment

Originally posted by redwhiteblue View Post

Isaac is Australian born and so are his parents and maternal grandparents. Not that it matters anyway.
                          Dude is a greasy leb

Comment

Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post
                            One thing you're all missing- his manager has knocked back 750K a year upgrade from Canberra----and got told 900k a year is that starting bid....with clubs like bulldogs & Titans going ready to go above that price. We aren't talking about SBW here

In any event Nick wont deal with Batemans lebo manager.....so its not going to happen
                            Im a proud Australian born (Newcastle) Lebanese there is no need to bring up his background nor his nationality,,,,its like me calling an Australian born anglo saxon a pommy.

Comment

The faders did everything possible to get him here including pay a transfer fee yet this bloke doesn’t have the decency to stay for his full contract. If he goes to any other club here, watch his form slip down the drain.

Comment

Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post

You remind me of the kid who pesters his parents to buy him the latest X-Box game until they give in, then once you get it. a new game comes out and you want that one instead.
                                haha HC.. I love this analogy, will definitely use in future

Comment

Working...
                                X