John Bateman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Bateman

Due to come back from injury in the next couple of weeks, Canberra have released him end of this year. Ideal replacement for Aubs. I wonder if we can get him early.

Didn't know Aubs had said he was retiring

Comment

No thanks.

Any player who shops himself around during gf week is a dog.
      Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster1908 View Post
        Didn't know Aubs had said he was retiring
        He is off contract end of this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Salvatori Grubber View Post
          No thanks.

Any player who shops himself around during gf week is a dog.
          No thanks to the Dally M second rower of the year 2019. He's on$580 at Canberra, he's worth more than that. His contract gave him the option and Canberra gave him permission to test the market. He's not a dog, not a dope either. He would be a great asset to any team.

Comment

No thanks he's an Isaac Moses agent.

Massive red flags already. The way they have treated the Raiders has confirmed that and been extremely poor.

He could never replace what Maubs has given to our club. Wash your mouth out.

Comment

He is not the type of player the Roosters would spend 8% of their salary cap on. He wants $800K and doesn't look like he will budge.

Comment

I just don't rate him to fit in our team structure, so there a no

Comment

We don’t need to buy anyone to replace Aubbo. That’s why we have been developing guys like Sitili and the Butcher brothers. Which one of them don’t you want?

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
                    No thanks he's an Isaac Moses agent.

Massive red flags already. The way they have treated the Raiders has confirmed that and been extremely poor.

He could never replace what Maubs has given to our club. Wash your mouth out.
                    I would never knock Aubbo, NEVER. But Bateman is a top line player, who plays centre or back row. So wash your eyes out and make a judgement based on his talent, not his agent. If we could get him for the rest of the season for say $350K, and then offer him $700K for a 3 or 4 year deal, I reckon he would take it.

Comment

we've got 2 80 min back rowers on good coin. great player but he doesn't fit in.

Comment

Originally posted by Waylander View Post
                        We don’t need to buy anyone to replace Aubbo. That’s why we have been developing guys like Sitili and the Butcher brothers. Which one of them don’t you want?
                        Yes... we do need a utility to replace Aubbo, he is 33 this year, off contract. Bateman is a proven performer, age 26. I don't rate Sitili, and Butcher is still developing, Bateman is far better than either of them at this stage. We have a problem, and he could solve it.

Comment

Bateman can play but seems like real knob to me. One big reason we have won 2 in a row is because they weeded out the dickheads.
                          So a big fat no from me
                          The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                          Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                          sigpic

Comment

Yep no for me to, good player but don't think he would fit the system, I liked what Cayless said today about there is no bigheads amongst the playing group. Best to keep it that way

Comment

Originally posted by NorfolkStreetKid View Post
                              Yes... we do need a utility to replace Aubbo, he is 33 this year, off contract. Bateman is a proven performer, age 26. I don't rate Sitili, and Butcher is still developing, Bateman is far better than either of them at this stage. We have a problem, and he could solve it.
                              I am with you mate. I reckon it would be a massive coup to give him $800K a year for 4 years to play 30 minutes off the bench. Did you ever stop and thing for a moment that a guy who is on pretty good coin but wants a massive deal would not be content to be a bench utility? Did you ever think that clubs don't make a player one of their highest couple players at the club when they would be coming off the bench? Did you ever realist that Batemen is a second rower and second rower only and both ours play 80 minutes a game? Where did you get the idea that Batemen is a utility player? Have you ever seen him play any position but second row? Did any of these things come to mind or was it just a little bit too hard for you?

Comment

Working...
                              X