Confession Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rooster Fred View Post
    I think many of us have probably wanted Jake Friend gone at various times.
    No never ! Followed Balmain as a kid coz I liked tiger's ,but, they never won anything . Roosters through and through since 74 .

Comment

for 2013 I thought that Mini as captain would be bad as he was at fullback and Pearce should be Captain instead

Comment

I never compared anyone to SBW....

ButI always thought Anthony Cherrington would be the next big thing

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster Fred View Post
          I know I never called any member of the Nikorima family a saviour and have never called Teddy our worst ever signing.

I thought we were gone in the GF last year.
          Wrong said Fred.

Comment

I never considered and still don’t consider Brad Fittler to be a true Roosters man.

Comment

Originally posted by FREEMAN89 View Post
              I never compared anyone to SBW....

ButI always thought Anthony Cherrington would be the next big thing
              Gosh yeah me too, had huge raps on Cherro.

Once shared a taxi ride with the great Artie Beetson as part of a previous job and told him my gushing opinion of Cherro at the time to get his opinion. "Talented....but needs coachin" was the great mans reply.

Comment

I did say Sam Burgess was the best forward in the game when he was playing.
                I did say Latrell will kill it at Souths.
                I did say Souths will make the top 4 this year
                I did say that the Broncos would finish 1 place above the Chooks this year.

When the Chooks bought Cronk I did say that the Roosters should move Friend on & keep Pearce.
                When the Chooks bought Mason I did say that he is a top buy.

Comment

After watching the first few rounds of the 2018 season, I thought Cronk was too old, too slow and past his best. How wrong was that?
                  As the old saying goes... Form is temporary, class is permanent. Pretty much got everything else spot on though except for thinking Laurie Frier was a decent coach and might deliver some good results for us!

Comment

ML , You where right with everything you said about nick kouparitsis so that makes up for it

Comment

Originally posted by Bondicigar View Post
                      ML , You where right with everything you said about nick kouparitsis so that makes up for it
                      Carve me up why dont ya.
                      My predictions are pretty good thats why Robbo confines in me.

Comment

I thought Jackson Hastings was going to be great. I wanted Jackson Hastings to be great. Sigh, I hope Horrie comes back.

Comment

I thought Paul Vaughtin would be a good signing.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

Carve me up why dont ya.
                            My predictions are pretty good thats why Robbo confines in me.
                            Hahaha I actually think your a good judge with unbiased entertaining opinions

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit of 66 View Post

I still don't know why dad did that to you. He was a devoted Rooster. His father took him to watch Dave Brown play. He detested the vermin. Why? WHY?
                              Probably wanted someone to pick on my father was chuffed I named my first son after him, but really I just wanted to b able to say, BRIAN get out and mow the lawn,Brian clean ya room, Brian get me a beer, just like he did with me.

Comment

I thought after 2002 GF, I would die a happy and fully satisfied man.

But after the disappointments of 03 and 04, I thought we'd go back to the wilderness of 1976 to 2001 and we'd have to wait another 30 years for a premiership.

Another confession is I thought we'd be worse this year after losing Cronk and Lattrell and we wouldn't win the premiership. I actually think we might be better than 18-19, and I'll be bitterly disappointed if we don't get the threepeat. The players seem more keen than ever with no sign of complacency. Only injury to Keary will derail us imo.

I'd also be wrapped for Robbo. In a strict salary cap environment, going B2B is incredible. Getting a threepeat is nothing short of a miracle. Gibbo got his threepeat when there was no salary cap and Bennett got his B2B when the cap was hardly even looked at as it had just been introduced.

Comment

Working...
                                X