14. Mortimer
    15. Sills
    16. Tagive
    17. Tago
    18. RTS
    19. Tupou
    20. Wells

Loxley is the mystery man..
    Last edited by Geohood; 12-15-2011, 07:44 PM.

Comment

there is a sean loxley that played in the halves in the NYC for the storm this year from memory. pretty sure he goes alright but not sure if it is the same bloke.... http://www.melbournestorm.com.au/def...team=Storm-NYC

there is also a clinton sills who played for the australian rugby union 7s team in 2010 who carries a striking resemblense to the sills listed above. not sure where we got him from or why we signed him but if it is the same guy, he could be a real smokey for us this year. obviously has the pedigree and natural talent. he also has a youtube video haha http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGOUgIlDkVI

EDIT: just to provide a bit more detail on each; loxley was an important member of the storm side in the 20s this year playing mainly fullback as well as 5/8 and half and really excelled. A handy pick-up no doubt.

Sills is 21, a winger and the perfect build to play wing in rugby league. was an integral part of the australian 7s side in 2010 and scored lots of tries for randwick in the 1st grade rugby this year. the highlights vid is very good and a must watch. also a noted sprinter as a youngster.

For 2 players that i had no idea we had signed, i am definitely impressed. fullback and wing have been identified by many on here as 2 areas we definitely could do with some quality depth in. loxley and sills go a long way to us filling those voids. good work POS
      Last edited by roz; 12-15-2011, 09:10 PM.

Comment

sillis good at leauge too

Sills was a very good young leauge player playing rep footy in the souths comp .He went to rugby when he was offered a scholarship from one of the big rugby schools.Very quick.

Comment

Sills was an althetic 5 year old, still holds the records at Randwick Botany for 70m sprint (13.9s), 200m (44.6s), and long jump (2.15m).

Thats gotta be better to go on than Youtube!

Comment

Roz, I think you'll find that is Ben Loxley, not Sean. There is no way the storm would let go of Sean after the season he had. From what I can find Ben Loxley played wing for Ipswich Jets last year and actually played against us in one of our early trial games. Strange to have a bloke come from relative obscurity to slot straight in with the first grade team but I guess he must have something. I'd say POS saw something in him in that trial and followed his progress this year.

Comment

Well here's Sean, looks pretty much the same but he must have got blonde in his hair in the off season?

Comment

The roosters poster said Ben Oxley

Comment

http://www.thechookpen.com.au/forum/...latest-signing

Also 2 new sisgnings that were on the poster handed out today
                  Ben Loxley Back from Brothers I think
                  Clinton Sills Rugby player?

Comment

Also seen forum posts that have him as a halfback and a goal kicker playing Under 17s for South West QLD

Comment

Originally posted by Yak View Post
                      Also seen forum posts that have him as a halfback and a goal kicker playing Under 17s for South West QLD
                      Maybe that explains the reason Blake Lazarus wasn't re-signed to play with the Jets. Oxley could possibly develop into a
                      good back-up half/five eight.

Comment

Ben Oxenbould?

Is he going to accuse Brian Smith of being a pedophile?

Comment

Working...
                        X