VLandys is a bloody legend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post
    I can see the pendulum swinging and the broadcasters asking for closer games when the majority of games are over by halftime and viewers switch off or change channels.

Results from the first week of the new rules saw six games result in 13+ wins.

Right now the afl are trying to see how to combat this exact problem games being competitive til the end, just like NRL was.
    This will be a problem because I can see a lot of one sided games under the new rules and your right about AFL which I really enjoy too but so many of the games results are decided by halftime.

Comment

Speaking of The Pendulum.
      I miss him.
      bring him back please
      barbarian ......arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by trewhella View Post
        I agree with all of you regarding the risk of managing a game in terms of the six again.
        its at the refs discretion.

the most valuable currency in the game is fitness, dynamic attacking weapons and numbers in defence. We have that. Don’t sweat it.
        clubs like saints Cronulla and the dogs have got none of these.

Parra have a new trainer and they look really fit.
        Canberra and Manly have good attack.

just be grateful we have no video ref crap
        On Manly they are our copycats .
        Their plays even set ones are directly copied from Chooks ..everything .Can we beat us?
        Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Originally posted by The Brain View Post

Their plays even set ones are directly copied from Chooks ..everything .Can we beat us?
          They are the danger I think.

Comment

Nice battles there too jwh/sst v AFB/tapau, Radley v jturbo, teddy v tommy, DCE v Keary.

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post

Nice battles there too jwh/sst v AFB/tapau, Radley v jturbo, teddy v tommy, DCE v Keary.
              Men seperate from the boys gotta take into account how the coaches manage their players and impliment the new rules knowhow etc ..i would be putting my money on Robbo ...Its alright for Desi arnez to copy what already successfull and its another thing to go up another level.
              I just love our current crop of players resolve ..I was never bothered by those two early losses they were expected.
              Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Men seperate from the boys gotta take into account how the coaches manage their players and impliment the new rules knowhow etc ..i would be putting my money on Robbo ...Its alright for Desi arnez to copy what already successfull and its another thing to go up another level.
                I just love our current crop of players resolve ..I was never bothered by those two early losses they were expected.
                Exactly last season’s formula will not work this season Trent is a freakin pioneer and he has no doubt engineered a new plan all he had to do was accelerate it a few weeks, I’m interested to see how young Kyle develops his game as the season goes on hopefully he builds on that Souffs game.

Comment

Let’s hope he develops his tackling technique. Turnstile

Comment

Harsh.

Kyle goes hard in D and will only get better.

No shame in being unable to stop Cam Murray at the line when he's beautifully put into a gap.

Comment

I miss him.
                      bring him back please
                      I agree. He should come back!

Comment

I miss him.
                        bring him back please
                        Idiotic. He belongs in the past!

Comment

Let’s hope he develops his tackling technique. Turnstile
                          Who? Flanagan....he will learn the Easts way if so...that why coach has Radley tracking him and taking pressure off him.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                            Harsh.

Kyle goes hard in D and will only get better.

No shame in being unable to stop Cam Murray at the line when he's beautifully put into a gap.
                            speaking of Murray, he should be embarrassed by his effort on teddy, as good as teddy is, that was a schoolboy attempt.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post

Idiotic. He belongs in the past!

those were the days....Norman Ross Gold

Comment

I too am very happy with how Peter V'Landys has performed. He has been the missing link in rugby league administration for about the past three decades or so.
                                MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
                                is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
                                with that attitude. I can assure you it is
                                much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

Working...
                                X