Membership email

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Membership email

I am already a ticketed member for this season. As I am sure all did, I recurved an email from Joe a Kelly asking to pledge for the upcoming season. Are our original memberships now void and we need to sign up again? I’m all good to do that if that’s the case, but the email was just very confusing. Thoughts?
    Red, White and Bluesters!!!

Originally posted by Serenader View Post
    I am already a ticketed member for this season. As I am sure all did, I recurved an email from Joe a Kelly asking to pledge for the upcoming season. Are our original memberships now void and we need to sign up again? I’m all good to do that if that’s the case, but the email was just very confusing. Thoughts?
    I got it too - it's just a message from the Roosters to members asking for those who are able to support the club a 'pledge' commitment to keep their membership this season no matter what happens to the season. It's not asking for an additional membership nor cancelling your existing one.

ie they want you to let them know if you/your family are one of those who are happy to keep you financial commitment to the club this year even if you don't go to any games. This will make it a lot clearer for the club how much money they can expect to remain from memberships this year and how much % who are wanting a refund.

I think as a 'pledge' this is not legally binding as a financial agreement - I think its more trying to see overall how the roosters members are feeling regarding refunds or support. It also is a call to action for those to support the club in a time of uncertainty - if a high percentage pledge then its a good PR story they can tell the fans instead of choosing to remain quiet. I wonder if other clubs are doing the same and this is a NRL initiative.

I pledged on behalf of my wife and I.

I wouldn't be surprised if you receive something like a personalised message of thanks from your 'favourite' player as it asks you to nominate one after you pledge.
    Last edited by NorthChook; 05-04-2020, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Ahh cool, thanks. Just pledged the fam!
      Red, White and Bluesters!!!

Comment

I don’t get it. Are they asking members for further financial commitment or are they marketing for new members?

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
          I don’t get it. Are they asking members for further financial commitment or are they marketing for new members?
          Asking existing members to pledge not to refund in order to support the club

Comment

Originally posted by NorthChook View Post

Asking existing members to pledge not to refund in order to support the club
            And they want a fee for pledging not to demand a refund?

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

And they want a fee for pledging not to demand a refund?
              There is no additional fee, it’s talking about your existing membership fee you have either paid in full or in instalments

Comment

FAQs here https://am.ticketmaster.com/roosters...93_156723869#/

Comment

Myself , Wife and Daughters are Gold Members and we are going to 'pledge' as per the email. I did however think the email was poorly written, vague and contained next to no new information. The one aspect of membership that would be easily addressed ( it is in FAQ's) is your membership item eg hat, scarf etc. Something small but would put a smile on a lot of kids faces if they started to get these products out. Despite what is mentioned in the email, this is something small that there is no valid reason why it couldn't be facilitated. Nearly every business is still operating online with packing and distributing goods still taking place at record levels. Asking members to stick solid is fine, I think most will, but communication has been poor at best

Comment

It was poorly written, but I'm 100% certain that what they're asking is for people with paid up memberships to pledge their support by not seeking a refund; even in the absence of live games to watch.

So if you're a member you won't have to fork out anymore than what you already have.

For example, I'm an Interstate Member which cost me about $110 from memory. They're not asking me for any more money; just stating that "yeah, there won't actually be any games to watch but as a show of support it'd be awesome if we didn't have to refund the money".

Which I'm cool with.
                    Last edited by Tommy Smith; 05-05-2020, 11:41 AM.

Comment

They're asking you to pledge that you won't ask for a refund for your membership, even if we don't see any games this year.

No brainer for me, trying to support as many businesses as I realistically can at the moment and I love the club.

Comment

That’s what they are saying Tommy. Can we keep your membership money you have already paid for the season and ongoing payments if monthly no matter how many games you get to see. Not asking for more just asking if you are in a position to do so would you allow us to keep your membership fees for this year even though we will at best get a reduced number of games to attend or even zero.

fair question form the club and fair for anyone to say no I want my cash back. Support the club(financially) if you want to and are in a position to do so. If not that’s okay.

Comment

Thanks for clarifying. My IQ is a mere 13.

Comment

I will certainly be pledging. To me, it is obvious, but I understand that others might be in different financial circumstances and cannot necessarily do that.
                            MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
                            is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
                            with that attitude. I can assure you it is
                            much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

Working...
                            X