Sam Walker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sam Walker

Caught a snippet of Fox and Kev Walters was asked which young player currently around now would you say is destined to play origin. Without hesitation he said our young Sam Walker.

Now I haven't been to a game in a few years because I've been abroad. Who has seen Walker play? Is he a better prospect than Flanagan? Or is Walters being highly speculative.

He looked really impressive in the U18’s Origin last year. Haven’t seen much of him besides that. He reminded me of DCE in that Origin game.

Comment

Originally posted by Steakface View Post
      Caught a snippet of Fox and Kev Walters was asked which young player currently around now would you say is destined to play origin. Without hesitation he said our young Sam Walker.

Now I haven't been to a game in a few years because I've been abroad. Who has seen Walker play? Is he a better prospect than Flanagan? Or is Walters being highly speculative.
      He started the off-season with us but is yet to play a game. I don’t understand how someone so slight in build can play footy. He really does look like a twig.

Comment

Reportedly, we signed him on a $300,000 contract. We're only paying Jake that much?
        I saw him up fairly close at the Gosford game.
        He's quite small, quite skinny...how long before he's ready for first grade? Years I would suggest.
        Atm he'd get trampled by Kikau and Cleary.
        Years @ $300,000 a season is a lot of money. Toops is getting less than that?

This is the year Lam must be given a chance in first grade...to see how he goes surrounded by elite players.
        Last edited by bondi.boy; 04-04-2020, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

He started the off-season with us but is yet to play a game. I don’t understand how someone so slight in build can play footy. He really does look like a twig.
          You have this thing about size, if they are good enough they will make it.
          Sickie Lame .... King of Bestiality

Comment

Originally posted by The Sack View Post

You have this thing about size, if they are good enough they will make it.
            Hi Sack,

I’m not suggesting he won’t make it. The good judges reckon he will be a star. I am suggesting he needs to beef up a lot otherwise he will get slammed.

Aren’t all men obsessed about size?

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post
              Reportedly, we signed him on a $300,000 contract. We're only paying Jake that much?
              I saw him up fairly close at the Gosford game.
              He's quite small, quite skinny...how long before he's ready for first grade? Years I would suggest.
              Atm he'd get trampled by Kikau and Cleary.
              Years @ $300,000 a season is a lot of money. Toops is getting less than that?

This is the year Lam must be given a chance in first grade...to see how he goes surrounded by elite players.
              How do you know what players get paid BB?

Comment

in todays game size is everything the days light backs and small halves and even smsll hookers are over anything under 85kg its would be hard especially in defence once upon a time 85kg was starting weight for a 4ward sam walker would have to put on weight just a fact

Comment

How do you know what players get paid BB?
                  Buzz tells me in his column.
                  Mr Kent tells me in his column.
                  The media in general.

Upon further investigation I've discovered that the $300,000 contract is for 2 years not one.
                  I feel better now.

I'm not suggesting he can't make it either, but twigs can't tackle Kikau.
                  Last edited by bondi.boy; 04-04-2020, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

Buzz tells me in his column.
                    Mr Kent tells me in his column.
                    The media in general.

Upon further investigation I've discovered that the $300,000 contract is for 2 years not one.
                    I feel better now.

I'm not suggesting he can't make it either, but twigs can't tackle Kikau.
                    Buzz and Kent don’t know anymore than us. They just speculate.

Comment

He's a 17yr old white kid. He has ample natural muscle to pile on as of yet.

I reckon JT would've been a scrawny malnourished looking kid at the same age. And would Luke Keary have looked any bigger? He still has little legs.

Anyway they both turned out alright so let's give Walker a couple of years to grow and actually see him play before we assess him as "too small".

Besides, little blokes like JT and Keary do just fine so long as they're heavy in contact. That is, they are tough as old boots and don't shy away from the tackle.

And so long as Sam isn't like his Uncle Chris then I'm sure he can learn a lot from the best defensive club in the game and develop the same hard nosed habits.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                        He's a 17yr old white kid. He has ample natural muscle to pile on as of yet.

I reckon JT would've been a scrawny malnourished looking kid at the same age. And would Luke Keary have looked any bigger? He still has little legs.

Anyway they both turned out alright so let's give Walker a couple of years to grow and actually see him play before we assess him as "too small".

Besides, little blokes like JT and Keary do just fine so long as they're heavy in contact. That is, they are tough as old boots and don't shy away from the tackle.

And so long as Sam isn't like his Uncle Chris then I'm sure he can learn a lot from the best defensive club in the game and develop the same hard nosed habits.
                        I didn’t say he was too small. I just said he was a skinny kid. I have every confidence that he will fill out, hit the gym and pile on the much needed kilos.

Comment

Between the age of 17 to about 18 and a half I went from a small 6 foot 2 70kg school boy string bean to a normal looking 85kg tradie. I think during that time it’s just where you fill out till a normal adult. Sam will fill out. Between the photos of when he first signed and the photos in Europe he had already filled out a bit.

Comment

Its laughable to think that people on here actually mention Sam Walker should play FG.
                            Which 18 year old halfback plays FG & dominates?
                            All the great halfbacks are at their prime when they are nearing their careers.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
                              Its laughable to think that people on here actually mention Sam Walker should play FG.
                              Which 18 year old halfback plays FG & dominates?
                              All the great halfbacks are at their prime when they are nearing their careers.
                              Closest would be Greg Alexander off the top. Debut at 19, and probably the most talented half I've seen. Unfortunate for him that there were so many great halves in that era who probably weren't as talented, but more consistent.

Comment

Working...
                              X