Bunny Reilly struggling with his personal health

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bunny Reilly struggling with his personal health

Another of my childhood heros Bunny Reilly, is struggling with his personal health. Its been a sad year for our 70's legends.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/barry-b...0-9343671fa403

A very sad story. He is one if the club’s greats. A true Rooster.

Comment

All the best Bunny. One of my favorites.

Comment

Get well soon Bunny - a Rooster’s legend!!

Comment

Originally posted by Frozen Chook View Post
          Another of my childhood heros Bunny Reilly, is struggling with his personal health. Its been a sad year for our 70's legends.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/barry-b...0-9343671fa403
          #####

"I played with and against 'Bunny' and I can tell you, I much preferred the former," league legend Ron Coote told Wide World of Sports.

"He was only little, but he had this way of driving you under the ribs and rattling your whole body.

"He got me a beauty once when I played for Souths - I think I can still feel it now.

"Pound for pound, there probably wasn't a tougher player."

#####

Victor Radley, maybe, could be our next 'Bunny'.

Best wishes to Bunny, one of our best ever.

Comment

Most Sad, especially with another Great in Mark Harris passing away earlier this year. I shared a story earlier that he was at Prince of Wales Hospital and unlikely to go home. Regrettably this story seems to have substance.

Bunny, you are a Great of the Game. An all time favourite amongst many Rooster Greats. I just wish I could have shared this fond thoughts with you in person. May you not be in any pain or suffering. Thanks for all the memories of a most courageous man. My son was also called the Axe by other parents when he played League and to me, this is a fantastic honour to be referred to you.
            Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Originally posted by The Axe View Post
              Most Sad, especially with another Great in Mark Harris passing away earlier this year. I shared a story earlier that he was at Prince of Wales Hospital and unlikely to go home. Regrettably this story seems to have substance.

Bunny, you are a Great of the Game. An all time favourite amongst many Rooster Greats. I just wish I could have shared this fond thoughts with you in person. May you not be in any pain or suffering. Thanks for all the memories of a most courageous man. My son was also called the Axe by other parents when he played League and to me, this is a fantastic honour to be referred to you.
              Well said mate. I know Jack adored him, and the respect he had in the day from teammates and opponents was well documented. A sad situation for a club legend.
              Choose hope over fear.

Comment

Sad news. I hope he can recover. I remember Bunny inspiring Easts to a big win over Manly at Henson Park in 1987, Manly had won something like 13 in a row and our boys, minus T Gillmeister who was injured, came out and absolutely belted them after Artie had Bunny down at training all week working on tackling technique. One of my favourite Roosters performances of all time!

Comment

This is sad news. Of course, I hope that he can get well soon, although it is going to be tough.
                  MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
                  is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
                  with that attitude. I can assure you it is
                  much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

Working...
                  X