The One Handed Carry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The One Handed Carry

Finally someone butchered a try by carrying the ball one handed. Keary cost us that game with his carelessness. I’d go so far as to say it smacked of arrogance.

I hope Keary enjoys the highlight reels of bombed tries he will forever star in.
    Loved by few, hated by many, respected by all.

Iku was also stripped from a one handed carry. They kicked a penalty goal off the next set.
    Build the wall. Keep the Drug Lords out!

Comment

Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post
      Iku was also stripped from a one handed carry. They kicked a penalty goal off the next set.
      That was bad but apart from that he had a decent game.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Evil View Post

That was bad but apart from that he had a decent game.
        for sure. I actually hope he gets more game time. Last year he was less than ordinary in his first couple of games but warmed up nicely as he went on.

Build the wall. Keep the Drug Lords out!

Comment

Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post
          That was disgraceful. Ikavalu for some reason caught the ball and went into slow motion.....it had " steal the ball off me" all over it- and it didn't take much to do it- it was a very soft effort.
          No doubt he copped a rocket for that because there was a massive rise in his urgency on kick returns. Anyhow he can work on that in reserve grade next week

Comment

Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post

That was disgraceful. Ikavalu for some reason caught the ball and went into slow motion.....it had " steal the ball off me" all over it- and it didn't take much to do it- it was a very soft effort.
            No doubt he copped a rocket for that because there was a massive rise in his urgency on kick returns. Anyhow he can work on that in reserve grade next week
            They did it once in 80 minutes when that was their tactic all game... do a wild 40/20 attempt, get 1-on-1 with an outside back and attempt the steal.

It was a shyte tactic and it was embarrassing losing to such idiots. The whole game reminded me of Mason Lino's debut for the Warriors where we kept getting told they were unstoppable. We got beaten by a shyte team despite dominating the ruck.

Reinforcements come next week including the Australian captain. In the context of losing by a small margin 2 weeks in a row, I sniff a few wins nearby. No rush to get into the top 4 but we'll pickup very soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Poppa Pump View Post
              Finally someone butchered a try by carrying the ball one handed. Keary cost us that game with his carelessness. I’d go so far as to say it smacked of arrogance.

I hope Keary enjoys the highlight reels of bombed tries he will forever star in.
              True Big Poppa

I hope he dines on humble pie this week

"Qui audet adipiscitur"

WHO DARES WINS

Comment

The upside is we won the crowd attendence record.
                the refs scored 12 points last night. Very poor quality reffering
                1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

My pet hate for years has been that one hand carry, where the ball is carried close to the ground gripped by the outstretched hand over the top of the ball. So surprised this hasn't happened more often and unfortunately Luke has been caught out being the careless one. I noticed his habit of doing this just last week as I watched some last year highlights ...the Tigers game at SCG (Latrells big game), when Keary scores off the Latrell grubber, he is has the ball in the top handed carry from the moment he crosses the tryline till he runs around to put ball down under the post. Whatever happened to keeping the ball tucked under the arm till it is grounded. All I can say at least it didn't happen in a grand final.
                  Hope Luke learns from this embarrasment … Im sure no one wants to be known as the modern day Max Mannix !

Comment

Have my heart in my mouth every time I see us score one handed tries. Toups often does that casually one handed carrying the ball and one day he’s gonna drop it cold. Poor handling cost us the match whichever way you look at it.
                    “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

They did it once in 80 minutes when that was their tactic all game... do a wild 40/20 attempt, get 1-on-1 with an outside back and attempt the steal.

It was a shyte tactic and it was embarrassing losing to such idiots. The whole game reminded me of Mason Lino's debut for the Warriors where we kept getting told they were unstoppable. We got beaten by a shyte team despite dominating the ruck.

Reinforcements come next week including the Australian captain. In the context of losing by a small margin 2 weeks in a row, I sniff a few wins nearby. No rush to get into the top 4 but we'll pickup very soon.
                      As smart as Robbo is, he can't seem to coach against opposition strips. We must be leading the stats in having the most strips effected against us.

Comment

https://images.app.goo.gl/76uawMxhP2krSqAc6

Comment

The only player I trust with the one-handed carry is Manu.

Comment

Its ole fashion posing and after the spray from Robbo I doubt we'll see it again.

Chook.

Comment

according to robbo there was no spray ...luke knows he did bad

Comment

Working...
                              X