No announcement yet.

Some lol @ souffs statistics.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep agree entirely Mickie, the void left would be massive. There is no other side that rattles the Roosters' supporters' cage so effectively and that means bums on seats. Does anyone not recall that Monday night at the SFS several years ago when they got us after being 8 down with 2 to go? Reynolds, I think, finished off an amazing passing rush started by McQueen who busted them at the last kick off with seconds to spare. That sort of result is etched on fan consciousness. Wouldn't have mattered as much it was Parra or the Tiges.
    We might also be magnanimous enough to acknowledge that The Rabs have had an effect on the way that the modern game is played - Churchill who started the Full Back evolution in the fifties would well recognise the modern game and Bobby McCarthy who revolutionised the Second Row position - arguably the very first fringe attack. Has anyone seen those Late Night Legends games? Practically unwatchable, dull and repetitive.
    Posters like Jaxie, knowledgable in so many other areas, seem to transform into angry old white men and lose all reason whenever Souffs is the subject - Oh, and Climate Change too for that matter. Just sayin' is all.

Comment

East's to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddo Colt 61 View Post
        Yep agree entirely Mickie, the void left would be massive. There is no other side that rattles the Roosters' supporters' cage so effectively and that means bums on seats. Does anyone not recall that Monday night at the SFS several years ago when they got us after being 8 down with 2 to go? Reynolds, I think, finished off an amazing passing rush started by McQueen who busted them at the last kick off with seconds to spare. That sort of result is etched on fan consciousness. Wouldn't have mattered as much it was Parra or the Tiges.
        We might also be magnanimous enough to acknowledge that The Rabs have had an effect on the way that the modern game is played - Churchill who started the Full Back evolution in the fifties would well recognise the modern game and Bobby McCarthy who revolutionised the Second Row position - arguably the very first fringe attack. Has anyone seen those Late Night Legends games? Practically unwatchable, dull and repetitive.
        Posters like Jaxie, knowledgable in so many other areas, seem to transform into angry old white men and lose all reason whenever Souffs is the subject - Oh, and Climate Change too for that matter. Just sayin' is all.
        I am shocked that a "progressive" would use race and age profiling to make a point.

Or are there exceptions within their agenda where certain races may be fair game?

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
          Lucky Souths are in the comp otherwise the Chookpen would be dead.
          Yes without Souths I’d be on Tinder 24/7.

Comment

The loudest in the room is always the weakest so it’s no surprise this thread has popped up with nothing to warrant it.

Insecure as always. Cold hard facts remain you’ll forever be in our shadow and your club has no soul.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Stehr View Post
              Let's see. Premierships since 72
              Easts 6 souths 1*
              Grand finals since 72
              Easts 12 souths 1*
              Minor premierships since 72
              Easts 9 souths 1.
              Club championships since 72
              Easts 4 souths 1.
              World club champions since 72
              Easts 4 (soon to be 5) souths 1*
              Hard to believe we made 12GFs in 48 years. That's almost once every 4 years. You'd never have guessed considering the mostly wilderness years of 83 to 99.

Geez we had our fair share of run ins with refs.
              72 Easts 2 disallowed tries. Manly allowed a clear drop ball as a try. We lost by 5 points.
              74 we won but the penalty count was way Doggies way
              80 Hartley blowing penalties galore for Gearin to convert. Then some even ups when the game was gone. Hartley was a dogs supporter it turns out.
              2010 Some disgraceful refereeing giving Saints a leg up including the infamous Morris leg out.

Last year we had some way overdue luck with the ref.

Comment

Originally posted by Burger View Post
                The loudest in the room is always the weakest so it’s no surprise this thread has popped up with nothing to warrant it.

Insecure as always. Cold hard facts remain you’ll forever be in our shadow and your club has no soul.
                We have soul.

You are soul.

Comment

Souths have a great history but they're in the bottom half of the comp in the modern era.

Comment

The laughing stock forever in their burrow dreaming up a chapter for the book of lies.
                    1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Originally posted by roosterproud View Post
                      The laughing stock forever in their burrow dreaming up a chapter for the book of lies.
                      Chill bro, you will sleep beter.

Comment

"Originally posted by Johnny Tobin
                        Best centre in the world for 2020 - Souffs 1/ Roosters 0

I am now at grief stage. "

Don't fret JT.
                        After the 2018 GF, I said that the roosters had the 2 best centres in the world.
                        The only thing I couldn't work out , was which one was No.1,. and who was No2
                        I still couldn't answer that after 2019 finished.
                        So for 2020 its Roosters1 / Souffs 1 for the best centre around

Comment

If you don't like our threads than go away.

Comment

Originally posted by roostermcgregor View Post
                            "Originally posted by Johnny Tobin
                            Best centre in the world for 2020 - Souffs 1/ Roosters 0

I am now at grief stage. "

Don't fret JT.
                            After the 2018 GF, I said that the roosters had the 2 best centres in the world.
                            The only thing I couldn't work out , was which one was No.1,. and who was No2
                            I still couldn't answer that after 2019 finished.
                            So for 2020 its Roosters1 / Souffs 1 for the best centre around
                            I'm fretting

Comment

Ray you forgot to include wooden spoons but One thing souffs fans don’t want to admit is that this is a new competition. New teams, different rules and more competition to win. As for wooden spoons in the NRL Comp, they’re the best with 3-1. They can claim all they want that we are in their shadow but they’re eating our dust.

Comment

So, by your own logic, then, Souths supporters are the weakest in the room. That would be about right, no argument here.

(They claim to be the 'oldest, loudest and proudest'. The oldest is wrong for a start - just ask the Newtown Jets. Loudest: who knows. I would argue that we, on a per fan basis, are at least as loud as them. Proudest: how do you define that? Number of premierships is not necessarily the only guide to this. Those claims are misguided, but then what is new.)

Shadow, that is a joke. It is getting thinner, and Souths fans know it and are getting jumpy.
                                MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
                                is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
                                with that attitude. I can assure you it is
                                much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

Working...
                                X