No announcement yet.

Roosters treating 9's as a joke..which it is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brings the AFL eyes over to watch the nines.

Comment

Originally posted by David Bill Williams View Post
      Brings the AFL eyes over to watch the nines.
      Ive never been able to get my head around AFL. it just doesnt do it for me. I would take soccer & Rugby over it. Thank God for the League. Go the Roosters.

Comment

Originally posted by Easts75 View Post
        Nick Davis from the Swans to play in nines and has been retired for years. I cant stand this event, it is useless and the club is obviously treating it the same way
        Good on em! No use injuring our players... he'll have a ball too.

He played League as a kid, too. It seems to be part of us promoting the Freemantle Roosters and potentially drawing upon WA stocks? (But not really, more a token effort).

IMO over the last decade or so we've been good at scratching the NRL's back by contributing to its random priorities (e.g. NT games, Adelaide games, Central Coast games...etc). IMO it must all add up to something in the scheme of things.

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

Ive never been able to get my head around AFL. it just doesnt do it for me. I would take soccer & Rugby over it. Thank God for the League. Go the Roosters.
        Yeah my little brain's only big enough to follow a few sports. AFL isn't one of them.

Won't sound very PC... heck it isn't... but my image of VFL is always those posters of VFL boys in short shorts that they had outside the Beauchamp Hotel to advertise 'Sizzling Sundays' back in the day. Lots of my good friends were into that stuff and woulda been mad keen on Sizzling Sundays at the Beauchamp. However, that's not my scene.

Sigh... a bygone era... there was AFL at Banana Bar, the Manacle, the Albury Hotel and Midnight Shift. Where do people watch it now?
        Last edited by ism22; 01-17-2020, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

Good on em! No use injuring our players... he'll have a ball too.

He played League as a kid, too. It seems to be part of us promoting the Freemantle Roosters and potentially drawing upon WA stocks? (But not really, more a token effort).

IMO over the last decade or so we've been good at scratching the NRL's back by contributing to its random priorities (e.g. NT games, Adelaide games, Central Coast games...etc). IMO it must all add up to something in the scheme of things.
          You'd like to think so but not sure we've got anything more than the satisfaction of doing the right thing. Seems like the NRL hasn't done us any favours (think Mitchell Pearce suspension etc). You'd think it would be difficult, but sometimes if you bend over backwards you get ****ed up the arse.

Comment

Yeah my little brain's only big enough to follow a few sports. AFL isn't one of them.

Won't sound very PC... heck it isn't... but my image of VFL is always those posters of boys in short shorts that they had outside the Beauchamp Hotel to advertise 'Sizzling Sundays' back in the day. Lots of my good friends were into that stuff and woulda been mad keen on Sizzling Sundays at the Beauchamp. However, that's not my scene.
            Sizzling Sundays I bet Kenny Callander would liked a bit of that.
            Sizzling Sundays & poster boys in short shorts at the Beauchamp, were do you come up this shit man?

Comment

bit of kick , tackle and giggle this

Comment

Weren't Easts, Souffs and Cows the last 3 winners of the nines? Whether it's confidence, building momentum or 'winning becoming a habit', there seems to be correlation between winning the 9's and winning the Premiership.

Nick Davis looks like Mitchell Pearce.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Pickett View Post
                  Weren't Easts, Souffs and Cows the last 3 winners of the nines? Whether it's confidence, building momentum or 'winning becoming a habit', there seems to be correlation between winning the 9's and winning the Premiership.

So does Socceroo Mark Milligan.

Comment

Depth maybe? If you have the best reserves then you'll go already?

Noting, we won in 2017 and are only the more recent winners because there's been no comp for 2 years.

2017? I can't remember who played but was it guys like Manu and Watson linking up with a tupou and the like? Guessing a key ingredient was that we had (largely unknown) rising stars all over the place linking up with some 1st grade finishers.
                    Last edited by ism22; 01-20-2020, 07:57 AM.

Comment

Damn now I have too hate another player
                      Bringer of Rain, Embrace the Hate, Freedom for All

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

Come to think of it, I don’t want any player who won’t sing the anthem representing our club.
                        I do

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
                          Come to think of it, I don’t want any player who won’t sing the anthem representing our club.
                          Which one?

Comment

Depth maybe? If you have the best reserves then you'll go already?

Noting, we won in 2017 and are only the more recent winners because there's been no comp for 2 years.

2017? I can't remember who played but was it guys like Manu and Watson linking up with a tupou and the like? Guessing a key ingredient was that we had (largely unknown) rising stars all over the place linking up with some 1st grade finishers.
                            Aubbo was captain and Liu played as well. The rest were up and comers, Watson, Latrell, Joey, etc

Roosters: Connor Watson, Daniel Tupou, Dale Copley, Latrell Mitchell, Joseph Manu, Paul Momirovski, Mitchell Cornish, Isaac Liu, Paul Carter, Kane Evans, Ryan Matterson, Mitchell Aubusson (c), Aidan Guerra, Chris Smith, Zane Tetevano, Brendan Frei, Johnny Tuivasa-Sheck, Bernard Lewis

Comment

What would be more prestigious to win, the 9s or WCC? I vote for the latter

Comment

Originally posted by OMR View Post
                                What would be more prestigious to win, the 9s or WCC? I vote for the latter
                                Of course.

Comment

Working...
                                X