Roosters treating 9's as a joke..which it is

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roosters treating 9's as a joke..which it is

Nick Davis from the Swans to play in nines and has been retired for years. I cant stand this event, it is useless and the club is obviously treating it the same way

Freddie unavailable is he?
    I hope Choc Mundine plays for the Dragons. I love Choc

Comment

Originally posted by Easts75 View Post
      Nick Davis from the Swans to play in nines and has been retired for years. I cant stand this event, it is useless and the club is obviously treating it the same way
      That is ****ing ridiculous. Why make a silly event even sillier? Give some youngsters a chance or don't even bother. AFL players. **** off.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
        Freddie unavailable is he?
        I hope Choc Mundine plays for the Dragons. I love Choc
        I like Choc too. He doesn't always make it easy though.

Comment

It’s a good way to leverage some support in an afl state.

This version of the game isn’t for us, the rusted on fans. It’s for frontier areas where you might only be able to field 9 players. Bit like touch, but a tackle version.

The more league the better in my opinion. In truth, they should play a summer league of it for the younger guys or discards.
          The Sydney Roosters have today announced that former Sydney Swans premiership hero Nick Davis will represent the Tricolours at the upcoming NRL Nines tournament to be played at Perth’s HBF Park on February 14-15.
          ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

He's got connections with the club and not a bad idea to have an old head out there.

“Nick has been working with our outside backs here at the Roosters for a couple of years now so he knows our game and understands the way we play. He is a natural athlete with a will to win – and he loves a challenge, so we’re looking forward to seeing him switch his Swans Guernsey for a Roosters jersey at the NRL Nines,” said Robinson.

“With the Nines being played in Perth, and the Roosters also taking an NRL game to Perth later in the year, we thought that this was a great opportunity to introduce our Club to a new audience,” he added.

Comment

I like the playing kit the Roosters will be wearing for the 9’s.
              Robbo actually asked me to play for them in the 9’s but I’m busy that weekend at a BBQ at Latrells.

Comment

who cares, it will be nice seeing some odd faces out there.
                EASTS TO WIN!

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post
                  He's got connections with the club and not a bad idea to have an old head out there.

“Nick has been working with our outside backs here at the Roosters for a couple of years now so he knows our game and understands the way we play. He is a natural athlete with a will to win – and he loves a challenge, so we’re looking forward to seeing him switch his Swans Guernsey for a Roosters jersey at the NRL Nines,” said Robinson.

“With the Nines being played in Perth, and the Roosters also taking an NRL game to Perth later in the year, we thought that this was a great opportunity to introduce our Club to a new audience,” he added.
                  ' an old head out there ' ...that saying doesnt fit with a dude that has never played a Senior game of League. Imagine when some of these big outside backs or forwards in their early 20's run at a retired AFL player, it is going to be embarrassing and serves no purpose

Comment

Robbo actually asked me to play for them in the 9’s but I’m busy that weekend at a BBQ at Latrells.
                    Any thoughts on why Angus is the poster boy wearing the jersey?

Comment

Lmao is this BBQ on Australia Day or will you be changing the date?

Comment

Originally posted by Easts75 View Post

' an old head out there ' ...that saying doesnt fit with a dude that has never played a Senior game of League. Imagine when some of these big outside backs or forwards in their early 20's run at a retired AFL player, it is going to be embarrassing and serves no purpose
                        I hope he is smashed.

Comment

Not really surprising as the rest of the first grade squad will be in Spain preparing for the World Club Challenge.

Comment

Will Cody Walker be there?

He's my idol.

Comment

Do the Roosters have to field a certain number of NRL players in the nines?
                              I can’t remember off hand, but I think they do.

Comment

Working...
                              X