NRL Nines, defending premiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NRL Nines, defending premiers

With the NRL Nines in Perth on Feb 14-15 and the World Club Challenge in England the following weekend Feb 23, our team will be split between two hemispheres and it’ll be interesting who goes where.

In the training photos, there’s a lot of the younger guys in with the main group and what looks like two squads wearing different strips.

We have the trophy for both weekends and with a $1m up for grabs in the Nines, it’ll be worth winning both too.

Will be two straight weekends of what to look forward to.

Carn the Chooks!
    Once you’ve had fat, you’ll never turn back

Is it 1M for the winner Skeez or is the tournment worth 1M?
    How much will the Roosters get if they win the WCC?
    Originally posted by Chook;n805564
    Why the fark anyone takes any notice of modern media is beyond me. It's all click bait populist crap aimed at the lowest common denominator.

Chook.

Comment

Total prize money of $1 million is on the line, with a bonus $1 million available for any men's team that can win both the Nines and NRL Telstra Premiership this season.

We could definitely get the bonus $1m for both titles.

I would love to see our trophy cabinet right now!

Comment

Pool game 1: Panthers
        Pool game 2: Warriors

Comment

You'd think we would take a much younger team to the nines and have a similar lineup to the WCC last year.

Comment

Nines is Mickey Mouse footy. All the stars will be in England. The leftovers will be in Perth.

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post
              Total prize money of $1 million is on the line, with a bonus $1 million available for any men's team that can win both the Nines and NRL Telstra Premiership this season.

We could definitely get the bonus $1m for both titles.

I would love to see our trophy cabinet right now!
              You’d need plenty of time.

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post
                With the NRL Nines in Perth on Feb 14-15 and the World Club Challenge in England the following weekend Feb 23, our team will be split between two hemispheres and it’ll be interesting who goes where.

In the training photos, there’s a lot of the younger guys in with the main group and what looks like two squads wearing different strips.

We have the trophy for both weekends and with a $1m up for grabs in the Nines, it’ll be worth winning both too.

Will be two straight weekends of what to look forward to.

Carn the Chooks!
                It will be a Bears/Flegg composite at the Nines...but I love that style of footy so hope we go well. Good points Skeez.
                We play this game for all of us
                We play it from the soul!

(Jack Gibson, 2002)

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
                  Nines is Mickey Mouse footy. All the stars will be in England. The leftovers will be in Perth.
                  Because the main team will be in St Helens, I actually would like to see the younger guys together to see who stands out. Especially with 4 less players. Both defending and attacking.

And I seem to remember seeing the Manu fend, step back inside being first unveiled to me there.

Comment

Given there will be no first graders, we will exceed expectations if we have only narrow losses. Still, we're the Roosters so you never know. Good chance for some younger guys to have a go on a bigger stage with no real pressure.

Comment

Not worrying about injuries will make this Nines more enjoyable.

I went to the World Nines and had a great time.

Chook.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

It will be a Bears/Flegg composite at the Nines...but I love that style of footy so hope we go well. Good points Skeez.
                        Good to know I'm not the only one on here who loves watching nines

Comment

So of the contracted players atm (27 + 3):

Mitchell Aubusson, Fletcher Baker, Egan Butcher, Nat Butcher, Lindsay Collins, Boyd Cordner, Angus Crichton, Poasa Faamausili, Kyle Flanagan, Jake Friend, Ryan Hall, Drew Hutchinson, Matt Ikuvalu, Luke Keary, Asu Kepaoa, Lachlan Lam, Isaac Liu, Joseph Manu, Brett Morris, Victor Radley, Billy Smith, Siosiua Taukieaho, James Tedesco, Daniel Tupou, Sitili Tupouniua, Sam Verrills, Jared Waerea-Hargreaves.

SPOTS AVAILABLE: 3

DEVELOPMENT SQUAD:
                          Luca Morretti, Daniel Suluka Fifita, Christian Tuipulotu.

I can see the nines being the BOLD players:

plus a couple of bears / u18's.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose View Post

Good to know I'm not the only one on here who loves watching nines
                            Sevens were my real favourite back in the day.
                            We play this game for all of us
                            We play it from the soul!

(Jack Gibson, 2002)

Comment

Originally posted by Kelby View Post
                              So of the contracted players atm (27 + 3):

Mitchell Aubusson, Fletcher Baker, Egan Butcher, Nat Butcher, Lindsay Collins, Boyd Cordner, Angus Crichton, Poasa Faamausili, Kyle Flanagan, Jake Friend, Ryan Hall, Drew Hutchinson, Matt Ikuvalu, Luke Keary, Asu Kepaoa, Lachlan Lam, Isaac Liu, Joseph Manu, Brett Morris, Victor Radley, Billy Smith, Siosiua Taukieaho, James Tedesco, Daniel Tupou, Sitili Tupouniua, Sam Verrills, Jared Waerea-Hargreaves.

SPOTS AVAILABLE: 3

DEVELOPMENT SQUAD:
                              Luca Morretti, Daniel Suluka Fifita, Christian Tuipulotu.

I can see the nines being the BOLD players:

plus a couple of bears / u18's.
                              They had a 20 man squad last time it was played in 2017.

Connor Watson, Daniel Tupou, Dale Copley, Latrell Mitchell, Joseph Manu, Paul Momirovski, Mitchell Cornish, Isaac Liu, Paul Carter, Kane Evans, Ryan Matterson, Mitchell Aubusson (c), Aidan Guerra, Chris Smith, Zane Tetevano, Brendan Frei, Johnny Tuivasa-Sheck, Bernard Lewis.

Of which, only four a still at the club.

Comment

Working...
                              X