Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TumutChook View Post

Wouldn't be lol@Soufs if they get JAC.
    A backline of LM/JAC/Roberts would be by far the quickest in the comp & damn potent
    You do realise all of them are tackle shy and defence is 50% or more of the game. No benefit in scoring 40 points if you let the opposition score 50.
    Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

Originally posted by novice chook View Post

You do realise all of them are tackle shy and defence is 50% or more of the game. No benefit in scoring 40 points if you let the opposition score 50.
      If you think Mitchell is tackle shy you simply haven't watched him play football

Comment

Originally posted by novice chook View Post

Latrell aint tackle shy, he is tackle aggressive & thats what I loved about him.

Comment

Originally posted by TDK View Post
          Bennett would be running the show at Souths not Richo. Anyway who cares, Latrell has left and is old news but to think he will stay overweight until season start is fanciful. It is very easy to drop a kilogram a week when training especially for a professional sportsman. I’m sure he will be physically ready to go but his achilles heel is his mental strength not his physical.
          1 million percent.

Comment

Originally posted by TumutChook View Post

Wouldn't be lol@Soufs if they get JAC.
            A backline of LM/JAC/Roberts would be by far the quickest in the comp & damn potent
            Yes, it will still be lol@Souffs as they have no forwards ...

Comment

I'm not so sure it will be lol at souffs this year either, but we have to fix this centre dilemma, and despite what some on here are saying it is a dilemma. second rowers can fill in at a pinch , bit a full season is a bit trickier. I'm sure robbo and Nick are on it.

Comment

if we want AC we will get him, he would be crazy to knock back a chance to play for us. And I reckon he would be awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Easts75 View Post

If you think Mitchell is tackle shy you simply haven't watched him play football
                  If you think Mitchell has any clue how to organise a defensive line or be in position to defend as a fullback you haven't seen him try to do it. He will be a huge flop at fullback. Thats why we bought Teddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

Latrell aint tackle shy, he is tackle aggressive & thats what I loved about him.
                    But only when they’re right front of him. Once his out of position, as a centre, he gives up the chase cause he can’t handle the pace. Thankfully for us we always had players able to cover for him. But as a fullback, he’ll probably be a turnstile.

Comment

• Originally posted by ROC181 View Post

But only when they’re right front of him. Once his out of position, as a centre, he gives up the chase cause he can’t handle the pace. Thankfully for us we always had players able to cover for him. But as a fullback, he’ll probably be a turnstile.
                      We differ in our opinion but thats cool. Those XXXL Souths number 1 jumpers are all sold out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Easts75 View Post

I've watched him play football since he debuted in 2016. His ability to tackle changes from week to week, depending on his mood. Same with his performances. He is easy to niggle and put off his game, always has been. At Easts his team mates would cover for him on his off-games - not sure he will have that luxury at Souffs.

Latrell is no defensive organiser at FB nor is he anywhere near fit enough, mentally or physically, to play the position. Which is why we bought a 10 year older and fitter Michael Gordon to play FB in 2017 and then Teddy to lead us into the future.

The Souffs backline as it stands has the look of turnstyle about it.
                        Supporting the RW&B, through good times and bad times.

Comment

• Originally posted by novice chook View Post

I've watched him play football since he debuted in 2016. His ability to tackle changes from week to week, depending on his mood. Same with his performances. He is easy to niggle and put off his game, always has been. At Easts his team mates would cover for him on his off-games - not sure he will have that luxury at Souffs.

Latrell is no defensive organiser at FB nor is he anywhere near fit enough, mentally or physically, to play the position. Which is why we bought a 10 year older and fitter Michael Gordon to play FB in 2017 and then Teddy to lead us into the future.

The Souffs backline as it stands has the look of turnstyle about it.
                          This. Well said NC.

Yes I'm disappointed he's gone. We move on. We will keep evolving. We are the benchmark. We are Easts.

Comment

• Too true CC, we are the mighty Roosters, and will overcome this and any challenge that comes our way.
                            MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
                            is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
                            with that attitude. I can assure you it is
                            much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

• Only if The pommy dude goes back to the UK, I think The Pom is in for a big season and has something to prove!

Comment

Working...
                              X