No announcement yet.

Billy Smith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok, I'm wrong then ....losing latrell and his replacement within a week and a day is no blow to our title aspirations at all this year, ...we need a replacement we've probably got to look outside our current squad, we've got money to spend I believe, we're a club that is attractive to players wanting to improve

...but seriously we do need to get someone...I see the club has said it is not going to look outside the squad publicly, but I think Nick and Trent will be quietly having a looksie at who is out there

Comment

• Originally posted by Headless Chook View Post

Didn't miss a game last year, in fact the only season he has played less than 20 games was way back in 2011 when he played 17. I'd love a player in my squad as 'injury prone' as that!
      Exactly.

He and his brother are old school footy players. Good solid defenders, read the game well and make few errors.

He would thrive playing alongside his brother. A one year contract would be ideal.

Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
        How do the silly buggers wishing ill will on Lattrell feel now?

Karma's a tough mother sometimes...be careful what you wish for.
        Yeah maybe sticking pins into a rooster voodoo doll with number 3 on his back wasn't the best idea.

Shame on those who genuinely wish injury on players. Karma is a bitchell, literally
        Last edited by Rocky Rhodes; 01-22-2020, 02:46 PM.
        Who said 13 was an unlucky number? 13th Premiership in yr 13 on our 100th anniversary of our 1913 premiership.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrubBER View Post
          Whats with the obsession over JMoz the guys injury prone & getting old. Xerri or maybe Jack Bird who can cover also lock & 5/8
          Apart from been an ageist, u seem pretty clueless really. As previously said, J Moz played the whole season and it's the younger players growing into their bodies who generally are more injury prone. i.e Smith.....DER

I remember an apparently so called old and injury prone Brett Mullins playing a key part in winning a comp in 2002.
          Last edited by Rocky Rhodes; 01-22-2020, 02:59 PM.
          Who said 13 was an unlucky number? 13th Premiership in yr 13 on our 100th anniversary of our 1913 premiership.

Comment

• Everybody is "prone" to injury playing a sport like this.

Comment

• Originally posted by TumutChook View Post

I wouldn't take that fat,lazy,ball hog even if the Raiders gave us $500k
              Not sure what games you have been watching, he ain't the player he was with us.
              Originally posted by jism
              I saw Reynolds crying in front of me after the game and yelled out 'WHAT ARE YOU CRYING ABOUT?!?!? GO SAY SORRY TO COOPER YOU GRUB!!!' He looked up at me with a pretty broken looking face.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

I think Matt Ikavalu makes perfect sense after all he has been in the Roosters system for a few years & is a good player otherwise he wouldnt be at the Roosters.
                I reckon Ikky will get playing time, but no way he is in our top 17. We have to have below average players in our top 30 due to the cap, and he is one.
                I saw Reynolds crying in front of me after the game and yelled out 'WHAT ARE YOU CRYING ABOUT?!?!? GO SAY SORRY TO COOPER YOU GRUB!!!' He looked up at me with a pretty broken looking face.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Rhodes View Post

Apart from been an ageist, u seem pretty clueless really. As previously said, J Moz played the whole season and it's the younger players growing into their bodies who generally are more injury prone. i.e Smith.....DER

I remember an apparently so called old and injury prone Brett Mullins playing a key part in winning a comp in 2002.
                  Holy shit, did you really just call him ageist? LOL. Statistically RL is a young mans game.

That said, the Morris lads are genetic freaks. Bring on JMoz.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vasco View Post
                    Exactly.

He and his brother are old school footy players. Good solid defenders, read the game well and make few errors.

He would thrive playing alongside his brother. A one year contract would be ideal.
                    He would thrive playing alongside Keary as well. It just makes sense if we can swing it, gives Billy a year to get over his injury and we have somebody who will fill the void and then move on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Rhodes View Post

Yeah maybe sticking pins into a rooster voodoo doll with number 3 on his back wasn't the best idea.

Shame on those who genuinely wish injury on players. Karma is a bitchell, literally

Hahaha the football gods work in mysterious ways

Comment

• Originally posted by Flipper Hands View Post

I reckon Ikky will get playing time, but no way he is in our top 17. We have to have below average players in our top 30 due to the cap, and he is one.
                        How do you know he wouldnt excel if he was in the team every week?

Comment

Working...
                        X