Billy Smith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billy Smith

So out with old in with the new. I think this kid will be a future rep player, Robbo has no doubt instilled the Roosters fabric into this kid and he is keen as mustard Big, Raw, Quick (very Manu-like with extra pace) and has a brain, Easts junior? What’s not to like? Question is how long will it take for him to adapt to FG week in week out and secondly his combination with Keary Cords Teddy and Bmoz? Has anyone here been following him through the junior grades all I know is I have seen play in both games last year against Merry’s pretenders and the Vermin Scum and loved what I witnessed. Excited to see him now week in week out and Bmoz most likely retiring enter Christian Tuipulotu in 2021?
    RiseandriseagainEASTS!!!!

Billy would be one excited young man at the moment, imagine his first game in Latrell's position v the vermim

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster1908 View Post
      Billy would be one excited young man at the moment, imagine his first game in Latrell's position v the vermim
      Wouldn’t mind betting he doesn’t play against us in round 3.
      FVCK CANCER

Comment

Billy Smith is going to be a great centre.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny73 View Post
          Billy Smith is going to be a great centre.
          He'a already one of Australia's greatest 100 players of all time...

Comment

Reminds me of a young and lanky Mark Gasnier.

We should not rush him, but potential is definitely there.

Comment

Originally posted by crikey chris View Post

Not sure we are really in a position where we can chose not to rush him now.

When RTS left it gave the opportunity to a very raw and young Latrell Mitchell to shine.

It has come full circle now and Billy Smith gets that opportunity. I'm excited to see how he develops over the coming years, he seems to be a very intelligent centre with some good athletic ability.

Comment

You know what you maybe right, Gasnier was my fav player outside the roosters squad his footwork, pace and that sensational flick pass was a thing of beauty him and Matt Cooper made a deadly centre pairing at the pretenders.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

He'a already one of Australia's greatest 100 players of all time...
                  That's a huge rap. We'll see how he goes this year.

Comment

Yes, good luck to the kid, yet another fine South Sydney junior to make first grade. Kenso are proud of him.

Comment

This is why I believe Josh Morris would be a perfect one year signing. Ease Smith into it.

There will be plenty of opportunities for Smith during the year with injuries, SOO etc.

Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Pedestrian at best.

Comment

I am not sure about Billy Smith, he doesn't move like a top centre. He runs good lines but doesn't have much of a swerve or step which you need at the top level. He is pretty quick but doesn't seem to have that extra gear in pace as someone like Xerri.

Comment

I hope he has a great season but let's not get ahead of ourselves. He's only played 2 NRL games and he came off an ACL injury last season.
                            The way we have been talking about him on the Chookpen he's as good as Latrell - talking like this is the quickest way to destroy his career.
                            I'd prefer to see Morris start at left center and ease Billy Smith back into first grade.

Comment

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post
                              I am not sure about Billy Smith, he doesn't move like a top centre. He runs good lines but doesn't have much of a swerve or step which you need at the top level. He is pretty quick but doesn't seem to have that extra gear in pace as someone like Xerri.
                              I understand where you are coming from, but I think what's in Billys favour is he has plenty of development to come...physically and playing wise.

Even now he is 100kg over 6ft3, very strong and hard to tackle. Think he can gain some strings to his bow following a proper pre season this year.

Was impressed with how quickly he hit the ground running following serious injury last year.

P.s TDK...we won't be losing him.

Comment

Working...
                              X