No announcement yet.

The bloke just wants to play fullback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All that being said, I still don’t reckon he’s a certainty to even play fullback if he goes to Souths. Lol@Latrell
    ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post

If the greatest club in the nrl were bitter, they wouldn’t release him for 2020, they would leave him in reserve grade with a bucket of KFC after each training session.
      Hahah - great response.
      Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

It has nothing to do with playing fullback.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnysekret View Post
          I wish him well, he deserves success after the disgraceful way Sydney have treated him.

Firstly, he never knocked back Sydney's offer so people need to stop saying that.
          He stated he wanted to test the market which is fair enough. He stated this himself in that long interview that was on the NRL site.

Then after agreeing he could test the market Sydney withdrew their offer, childish thing to do.

He has a contract with Sydney for 2020, then they tell him not to rock up for training.

Wow, great way to treat an elite player.

Hopefully he'll sign with a club that will appreciate him a little more.
          Go have some more smack.

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post
            All that being said, I still don’t reckon he’s a certainty to even play fullback if he goes to Souths. Lol@Latrell
            Jack Bird didnt want to play centre at Cronulla he wanted to be 5/8 so he signed with Wayne's Broncos to play 5/8 but remained at centre. Quite possibility the same thing will happen to Latrell.

Comment

I wish him well, he deserves success after the disgraceful way Sydney have treated him.

Firstly, he never knocked back Sydney's offer so people need to stop saying that.
              He stated he wanted to test the market which is fair enough. He stated this himself in that long interview that was on the NRL site.

Then after agreeing he could test the market Sydney withdrew their offer, childish thing to do.

He has a contract with Sydney for 2020, then they tell him not to rock up for training.

Agreed... I dunno where all the hate's coming from.

He's been a great player (big part of 2 premierships) and it's really sad to think that we're probably losing him.

Still don't get why we had to publicly announce we withdrew our offer either. I mean is this a new precedent? If you tell Uncle Nick you're gonna test the market then BOOM... roosters.com.au will release an official press statement advising that they've officially withdrawn from all negotiations with you? (TBH that's what they were really saying). Great way to retain players.

IMO none of this is personal and none of it went back to Latrell. I reckon more likely what happened is that we knew Souffs had just been given permission to free up $2 million under their cap (very generously) and they were gonna go crazy with it so we prioritised locking in our key players. Manu, Siua, JWH, Ikuvalu and Smith all signed for a tiny bit more money (if that in some cases) whereas Latrell was more complicated to deal with due to his superstar status. We seem to have made a business decision to quite openly show all these boys what we're willing to offer them (Latrell first as he's the superstar being offered big $$$) and then move ASAP to lock-in the others if Latrell's uncertain.

I don't think Latrell has been a d!ckhead. Neither has Robbo.

Comment

Originally posted by elo View Post
                It has nothing to do with playing fullback.
                What is it then..?
                ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

For what it’s worth I believe he’s betrayed both the club publicly and us loyal fans and Nick is rightfully showing him the door.

He damned Fittler publicly for being dropped from Origin for being lazy and tried to make it a racist issue.

Then he damned Trent and Nick and the club publicly as having kicked him in the teeth. Yet he was the one secretly negotiating with Canterbury against the rules. Who really kicked who in the teeth?

To attack his coach and club as kicking him in the teeth and Fittler publicly showed to me sadly just how enormous his ego has become. No one is bigger than the club but going public and berating his own club was an act I believe of disloyalty.

If he had any respect for the club and us fans he would never have taken these issues to the media in which he tried to portray Fittler, Trent, Nick and Easts as being unjust and even racist and himself as the innocent victim. The media interview looked all about spite to me with no gratitude whatsoever for all the club has done for him and his family. In my view he’s not worthy any longer to wear the red, white and blue jersey after that public outburst. I think had he not gone public we would have signed him for another 3 years but the club has its reputation and dignity to protect. We can’t be seen to be dictated to by a so called superstar with an inflated ego.

“Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

At the post grand final fan celebration he walked through the fans with his head pointed up in the air. Like he was just too cool for school. He was all ego.

My mate who went to the players after party cause he is friends with someone from marketing told me that all the players were great accept for Latrell who had no time for anyone but his own entourage.

What goes around....

Comment

Thanks for the memories Latrell.

Once you put on that filthy jumper I will despise you.
                      Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

As I said in another thread, Latrell has really shown us what a DUMB, DUMB, DUMB guy he really is. Leaving the best club in the world for less money is DUMB. In October he was on top of the world but he really thought signing for an extra 100-200K a season was going to get him retired sooner. That is just DUMB. Don't let the door hit your FAT DUMB ARSE on the way out Latrell you DUMB shit.

Comment

We have history when Nick offers a player a more than fair deal but the player wants to shop around.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2006-06-...-offer/1773270

Comment

He aint going today because he has become poison.
                            Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Originally posted by col porter View Post
                              We have history when Nick offers a player a more than fair deal but the player wants to shop around.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2006-06-...-offer/1773270
                              Thanks col, very informative not sure if your trying to make comparisons to Latrell or not but I fail to see the link, given that Latrell shit on the club by dealing with dogs b4 November 1St, bad mouthing Nick and Freddie and Roosters to a degree, all of which Cross didn't

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post

What is it then..?
                                A combination of things - mostly very poor advice, but also some family and cultural pressures, nothing to do with his on-field position.

Comment

Working...
                                X