Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The bloke just wants to play fullback

The bloke just wants to play fullback
    And there is only one position in the team.

Remember when he came through and the talk was he was a gun fullback? He had a crack there, it’s his preferred position. He then got shifted when we signed Mick Gordon. Which he was probably told was a short term play to the blood him as a first grade fullback.

Then we signed Tedesco. Back to centre mate.
    Tedesco got injured and Joe Manu fills the void.

Trouble is, he struggles at centre and at five eighth.
    He wins two premierships as a crack centre.
    However, can’t have two fullbacks!

And this is the quandary.
    Do you stay and play in a position that you loathe (get picked for NSW and Aus) or shift to where you play your preferred position and miss out on the rep selection?

How many people really like their jobs?
    And of those, how many get paid $600k + per annum ?
    What would you sacrifice if it were you?
    Money? Success? Honour? Culture? Vibe? Smiles?

Is likely an enigma but good luck to him.
    Better start running if you want to play 1
    ..it’ll be interesting to see

**** him.

Comment

The way it has unfolded it looks more like the motive to knock back the original Roosters offer was to try and get more from the club.

Wests Tigers offered the money and the fullback spot. Corey Thompson won the clubs 2019 player of the year....wonder how he must be feeling now. Ive heard that Latrell spoke to Ryan Matterson about Michael Maguire and was put off by Maguires fitness requirements. I think Maguire would be a good fit for Latrell because of those fitness standards.

If Latts was always going to the Rabbits he just would have gone straight after rejecting the Roosters offer. Now he will probably end up there as a last resort.

In any case what Nick Politis was prepared to make him the highest paid centre in the NRL. If you want to squeeze a guy like Politis for more by putting yourself on the market then you're dealing with the wrong guy. Its a true display of what strong management looks like. Irrespective of what happens on the field in 2020 the club has handled the situation perfectly and has made the right call

Comment

Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post
        The way it has unfolded it looks more like the motive to knock back the original Roosters offer was to try and get more from the club.

Wests Tigers offered the money and the fullback spot. Corey Thompson won the clubs 2019 player of the year....wonder how he must be feeling now. Ive heard that Latrell spoke to Ryan Matterson about Michael Maguire and was put off by Maguires fitness requirements. I think Maguire would be a good fit for Latrell because of those fitness standards.

If Latts was always going to the Rabbits he just would have gone straight after rejecting the Roosters offer. Now he will probably end up there as a last resort.

In any case what Nick Politis was prepared to make him the highest paid centre in the NRL. If you want to squeeze a guy like Politis for more by putting yourself on the market then you're dealing with the wrong guy. Its a true display of what strong management looks like. Irrespective of what happens on the field in 2020 the club has handled the situation perfectly and has made the right call
        No ..he was always going to souffs only souffs didnt expect his price to hit 1.2 mill which was initial tigers deal...they started to back off..until now where they are gonna get him for half price this year .
        All this was obvious From SOO1.
        Bennet is not always successful with luring top pkayers away from clubs he has more failures than winners .
        Ironically from reading facebooks posts by some rare smart souffs fans..not many..they dont want the baggage he brings.
        He has now given himself the image to be hated by people than rather be admired...as Brad Fittlet warned him..etc.
        long live the great Billy Smith
        Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

why does it matter where he plays if all he wants is $$$ to support his family? Tigers offered him huge money and FB and he turned it down and will now play for souffs at a discount.... he is full of shit sorry.
          My Roosters Channel - youtube.com/IRoostermanI
          My Gaming Channel - youtube.com/xIVERTiiGOIx

Comment

He only says he wants FB cause centers don’t get the huge dollars. He knows he is too lazy. He is happy to bludge out in the centers.

Comment

He's not fit enough or smart enough to be a top line fullback. He is an individual player, has no idea of positional play, he was absolute shyte at fullback in 2016

That's why we signed Gordon, and why we chased Teddy. There have been plenty of brilliant individualists who have not been able to cope with the pressures of NRL... thin Owen Cragie and Ewan McGrady.

He is a very immature young man who has now shit in his own nest.

Comment

I wish him well, he deserves success after the disgraceful way Sydney have treated him.

Firstly, he never knocked back Sydney's offer so people need to stop saying that.
                He stated he wanted to test the market which is fair enough. He stated this himself in that long interview that was on the NRL site.

Then after agreeing he could test the market Sydney withdrew their offer, childish thing to do.

He has a contract with Sydney for 2020, then they tell him not to rock up for training.

Wow, great way to treat an elite player.

Hopefully he'll sign with a club that will appreciate him a little more.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnysekret View Post
                  I wish him well, he deserves success after the disgraceful way Sydney have treated him.

Firstly, he never knocked back Sydney's offer so people need to stop saying that.
                  He stated he wanted to test the market which is fair enough. He stated this himself in that long interview that was on the NRL site.

Then after agreeing he could test the market Sydney withdrew their offer, childish thing to do.

He has a contract with Sydney for 2020, then they tell him not to rock up for training.

https://youtu.be/3sYSt26kh6Y?t=22
                  My Roosters Channel - youtube.com/IRoostermanI
                  My Gaming Channel - youtube.com/xIVERTiiGOIx

Comment

I hope he ends up at a club that wins a Premiership every 50 years.

Comment

I think Latrell may be telling one side of the story , off which may not contain the whole facts
                      Last edited by Rooster1908; 01-06-2020, 08:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post

I think that's probably right. It's also possible that if we didn't have to sign a bunch of other stars, and left our original offer on the table, he might have taken that. The stuff about always going to Souths might be right, but Easts fans tend to be a bit paranoid about Souths and until there is concrete evidence I'm not convinced.

I back the club's handling of this, but just because hey have a good track record doesn't mean they're going to get every individual decision right. I don't know what's gone on behind the scenes so I back the club.

That said I'm still in favour of Latrell playing here this year. It's probably no chance of happening, but I think Robbo could make it work and Latrell could make every post a winner and leave us on better terms. And the guy can play - we have a good team without him, but a better team with him. The alternative is that Souths get the best centre in the world for 400k.

Comment

I'm predicting if Latrell goes to the vermin , which he will , he wont play against us in round 3 , sustained a slight injury at training

Comment

If the greatest club in the nrl were bitter, they wouldn’t release him for 2020, they would leave him in reserve grade with a bucket of KFC after each training session.

Comment

Do the laughing stock have any players in there team that debted in the nrl for them or are they the new transit lounge. Bennet will crush Latrells abilities and he will end up fat lazy and have a busted knee like inglass. Career over
                              1911 1912 1913 1923 1935 1936 1937 1940 1945 1974 1975 2002 2013 2018 2019 2020

Comment

Working...
                              X