Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rumour

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Originally posted by Bondicigar View Post
    Jack whiton would look good in red white and blue.
    Hopefully Freddy already has the wheels in motion
    Jack Wighton is a beast and a halves combo of Wighton/Keary would be unfair.

    He has a great running game and is the best defensive 5/8 since Freddy.

    We can dream but I have faith in Flanno/young Sam Walker to fill the Cronk void long term.

    Comment


    • #92
      Originally posted by Pass the Ball View Post
      Everyone needs to take a couple of deep breaths. He is free to sign with whoever he wants. He does not owe us fans anything. It is his life. Thanks for the memories and for being part of our amazing club and helping us win two premierships on the trot.
      Sure we can be disappointed but what will be will be.
      PTB.
      I generally agree with your sentiments PTB however, as R1908 pointed out, it is how he went about it that makes me (and most of us on here) so upset and disappointed. Yes, of course he is free to sign with whoever he wants, but he should not have done it in (what is appearing to be) such a dishonest and underhanded way. This 'process' appears to have been going on since early last season; that is not acceptable in my view. He should have put negotiations on hold until 1 November, and focused on his play and team mates, and our quest to go back to back (which thankfully transpired). He (and his hangers on) could have been up front with his intentions. While I would not have overly liked him wanting to go to another club (especially our arch rival), it would have been more palatable if it was handled the right way from the outset. I don't think this would be seen as an unreasonable request. He did the wrong thing to the Tigers and Cowboys by leading them up the garden path. They were completely used and mistreated as part of some sort of game. Very ordinary behaviour.

      In terms of him not owing us fans anything, I think it would be a good gesture and the right thing to do if he provided us with some sort of explanation for these past few months. While we probably know the reasoning, it would have been nice to hear from him directly nonetheless. I will not harp any further on this point, as I realise it is probably just wishful thinking on my part.

      In terms of your last point, I fully concur. He and his contribution to the team and the back to back premierships will be remembered with fondness. There is no dispute or doubt about that. I take nothing away from him in that respect.

      A message to the media commentators and journalists who read these pages: We are the fans and supporters of this fine club, the heart and soul if you like. I have been supporting them for over 30 years, my father for double that time. I think we deserve a little bit more respect than what has been on offer at times during this whole saga. Please bear this in mind when you are preparing your articles and news stories.

      Finally, in terms of Robbo and the club: I understand that they might be upset at some of the fans, but I think it is important that they understand and realise that we are passionate and care deeply about the club and its prospects, and we are forming views and opinions on much less than perfect information. We only want what is best for the club, its staff/officials and, of course, the players. Sure, we will a have variety of views, and disagree and argue from time to time, but I think we are united in our love of and support for the Roosters.
      Last edited by Mad_Rabid_Rooster; 01-03-2020, 02:31 PM.
      MRR or Rabid

      Some people believe supporting the Roosters
      is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
      with that attitude. I can assure you it is
      much, much more important than that.


      (1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

      Comment


      • #93
        Originally posted by Mad_Rabid_Rooster View Post

        I generally agree with your sentiments PTB however, as R1908 pointed out, it is how he went about it that makes me (and most of us on here) so upset and disappointed. Yes, of course he is free to sign with whoever he wants, but he should not have done it in (what is appearing to be) such a dishonest and underhanded way. This 'process' appears to have been going on since early last season; that is not acceptable in my view. He should have put negotiations on hold until 1 November, and focused on his play and team mates, and our quest to go back to back (which thankfully transpired). He (and his hangers on) could have been up front with his intentions. While I would not have overly liked him wanting to go to another club (especially our arch rival), it would have been more palatable if it was handled the right way from the outset. I don't think this would be seen as an unreasonable request. He did the wrong thing to the Tigers and Cowboys by leading them up the garden path. They were completely used and mistreated as part of some sort of game. Very ordinary behaviour.

        In terms of him not owing us fans anything, I think it would be a good gesture and the right thing to do if he provided us with some sort of explanation for these past few months. While we probably know the reasoning, it would have been nice to hear from him directly nonetheless. I will not harp any further on this point, as I realise it is probably just wishful thinking on my part.

        In terms of your last point, I fully concur. He and his contribution to the team and the back to back premierships will be remembered with fondness. There is no dispute or doubt about that. I take nothing away from him in that respect.

        A message to the media commentators and journalists who read these pages: We are the fans and supporters of this fine club, the heart and soul if you like. I have been supporting them for over 30 years, my father for double that time. I think we deserve a little bit more respect than what has been on offer at times during this whole saga. Please bear this in mind when you are preparing your articles and news stories.

        Finally, in terms of Robbo and the club: I understand that they might be upset at some of the fans, but I think it is important that they understand and realise that we are passionate and care deeply about the club and its prospects, and we are forming views and opinions on much less than perfect information. We only want what is best for the club, its staff/officials and, of course, the players. Sure, we will a have variety of views, and disagree and argue from time to time, but I think we are united in our love of and support for the Roosters.
        Totally agree , very well thought out and written

        Comment


        • #94
          I am gutted we are losing latrell, but I think he is going to be 1 of those players who's baggage will weigh him down and he's never going to reach his true potential. Last year he seemed distracted all season with issues with his brother , then social media garbage. Thanks for the memories LM but if your heart is not in it then it's best for both parties that he is leaving. He definitely needs to work on his mental toughness for him to reach his true potential.
          I wish him luck.
          The roosters will be fine with or without latrell mitchell

          Comment


          • #95
            Sort of agree with you here Cigar. Fact is he’s been duplicitous and is under contract for 2020. I didn’t see Angus going Bondi way a year early. I’m sick to think of him in Myrtle - snigger - in 2021. As for 2020 and the Rabbits get him at a discount that is way too much against the grain. If the rest of his contract is say 500k surely it’s better to have him at North’s and as a sub when injuries inevitably occur. Seems very odd to me the idea of us using up our cap and giving Rusty a handout verse having the Duplicitous One playing at Notths and occasionally on the big stage for the Roosters.

            Comment


            • #96
              I for one was all excited that at 2pm today we would get a result , 2pm came nothing, thought maybe something to do with daylight saving , 3pm nothing .Well its almost bloody 7pm .For Christ sake put us out of our misery.

              Comment


              • #97
                Geez I thought the club had done enough to appease his personal quirks to keep him. A big call out was Cords saying TIT spends 1/2 his time with him before a game to get him up, and the other 1/2 with the remainder of the team.

                Comment


                • #98
                  I bought 2 memberships for my girls (6 and 9), and chose against the wall height chart with Lats on it subconciously knowing he wont be here. would love to be wrong on this.

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    If Latrell ends up at Souths id be interested to see if Andrew Webster has a write up about Wayne Bennett repeatedly misleading the media by saying Souths aren't interested in a player only to have that player end up at Souths.

                    Personally i don't give a shit that Bennett does it. However Webster really went to town over Robbo not divulging the extent of Cronks injury in the week leading up to the 2018 Grand Final-feeling he had a history of misleading the media and the rugby league public. He also subsequently had a write up about why Robbo isn't like by other coaches- a real nothing article. However his obviously biased reporting makes him a real nothing journalist

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post
                      If Latrell ends up at Souths id be interested to see if Andrew Webster has a write up about Wayne Bennett repeatedly misleading the media by saying Souths aren't interested in a player only to have that player end up at Souths.

                      Personally i don't give a shit that Bennett does it. However Webster really went to town over Robbo not divulging the extent of Cronks injury in the week leading up to the 2018 Grand Final-feeling he had a history of misleading the media and the rugby league public. He also subsequently had a write up about why Robbo isn't like by other coaches- a real nothing article. However his obviously biased reporting makes him a real nothing journalist
                      That's true. Webster has good moments but has pretty much lost the plot when it comes to Robbo.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by top_joe View Post
                        I bought 2 memberships for my girls (6 and 9), and chose against the wall height chart with Lats on it subconciously knowing he wont be here. would love to be wrong on this.
                        Lats isn’t on this wall chart.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by top_joe View Post
                          Geez I thought the club had done enough to appease his personal quirks to keep him. A big call out was Cords saying TIT spends 1/2 his time with him before a game to get him up, and the other 1/2 with the remainder of the team.
                          When did Cords day this?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

                            When did Cords day this?
                            probably on new years eve when he was smashed hehe
                            Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

                            Comment


                            • Paul Kent wrote an article which had a bit of a word jam so it wasn't clear what he was saying, but it suggested that someone associated with the Roosters complained about LM taking up too much of Robbo's time. Some people assumed that it was Boyd (because Robbo listens to Boyd) but that assumption seems a bit of a long bow. Think that might be where the rumour came from.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by zac View Post
                                Paul Kent wrote an article which had a bit of a word jam so it wasn't clear what he was saying, but it suggested that someone associated with the Roosters complained about LM taking up too much of Robbo's time. Some people assumed that it was Boyd (because Robbo listens to Boyd) but that assumption seems a bit of a long bow. Think that might be where the rumour came from.
                                Originally posted by Paul Kent
                                Then later on Friday the Bulldogs confirmed they were not one of them.

                                “We’re out,” chief executive Andrew Hill said on Friday.

                                “With all the speculation around the club and Latrell we thought it would be the right thing to let our members and fans know that we are not pursuing any interest in Latrell Mitchell.”

                                He declared it a definite no.

                                It came after a short talk with coach Dean Pay last week.

                                They simply did not believe he was right for the culture of a club in a rebuild.

                                Here it comes back to the Roosters. With an $800,000 a year offer on the table and for all the care they gave him, there was a clear belief he showed no gratitude for what the Roosters had done for him and were still doing.

                                A meeting between a senior player and club officials confirmed it when the player got honest. Mitchell, he said, did not quite fit with the playing group.

                                He always needed extra work. Robinson was understanding, going as far as allowing him to return to Taree mid-season to escape the mental stress of life in the NRL.
                                Robinson, the player said, would spend as much time preparing Mitchell and his quirk as he would the rest of the team combined. Was he worth the work? With indications the high maintenance will get worse? And at that price?

                                Canterbury’s formal withdrawal on Friday was a nod to those whispers.

                                “Jarryd Hayne all over again,” one club insider said.
                                Possibly Dylan Napa speaking as a senior Bulldogs player. Possibly a senior player for the 2019 Roosters.
                                Once you’ve had fat, you’ll never turn back

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X