Ball Stripping rule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ball Stripping rule

I would have thought given all the talk and hatred of the way Ball stripping was last year that they may have changed the rule . Blight on the game the way it is at the moment.

I didn't have a problem with it. I really got the impression that everyone that was complaining lost to Canberra or saw it as an unfair advantage because their team wasn't doing it
    The Internet is a place for posting silly things
    Try and be serious and you will look stupid
    sigpic

Comment

Would seem that it's here to stay for next year. They announced some rule changes yesterday and unfortunately this wasn't one of them.

Seems the NRL likes it because it makes the game less 'predictable'.

Comment

It's a shocker. Should be an automatic penalty.

That and touch judges calling forward passes that aren't are the two biggest blights on the game.

Comment

2 refs & the the refs miked up are the 2 biggest blights on the game IMO.
          The stripping rule, I like it.
          Coaches wanting 4 or 5 hit ups & then a kick down town can get a bit boring so being allowed to strip the attacking 1 out runner is good. The Roosters will learn how to do it also.

Comment

Who do you think you are starting a thread about Rugby League? We are here to discuss Latrell Mitchell and Latrell Mitchell only!

Comment

Striping rule was well received in the NRL fan census this year. It's not going anywhere. Unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster1908 View Post
                I would have thought given all the talk and hatred of the way Ball stripping was last year that they may have changed the rule . Blight on the game the way it is at the moment.
                I agree, it should of been the first stupid rule to go, so now we are stuck with 2 different rules, one for the NRL & the common sense one for International R.L.

Comment

One thing I don't like about the stripping rule is how you can slow the play the ball down immensely under the guise of attempting a 1-on-1 strip.

That weasel Josh Hodgson was hanging off our players like a baby Orangutan clasping onto its mother. And he was doing it for 4 or 5 seconds which in any other scenario would have been a penalty for slowing down the ruck.

The delicious irony is that the Raiders became so obsessed with stripping that it likely distracted them at times in the GF. And let's remember that they failed to strip us once in that game.

Comment

The strip 1-1 is not bad but when you 2-3 players wrestling with a player then drop off and leave 1 to try and strip is the blight that needs to be eradicated.

Comment

Yep agree don't mind the 1 on 1 but when they 3 players wrestle the crap oou out you then 2 drop off , hate it.
                      But love Tommy Smiths
                      players like a baby Orangutan clasping onto its mother., funny as F

Comment

I don't support the stripping rule, never have. It should have been removed. A wasted opportunity IMO.
                        MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
                        is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
                        with that attitude. I can assure you it is
                        much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

Working...
                        X