• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting potential signings news

http://www.zerotackle.com.au/dugan-h...-raiders-4652/

http://www.zerotackle.com.au/warrior...uai-2013-4648/

http://www.zerotackle.com.au/daly-ri...ng-price-4644/

first article talks about dugan being keen on staying in canberra - probably good news in the eyes of most of us (or me at least) because i dont think he is what our club should be looking at. Also, if he stays, their back-up fullback Massey will almost certainly leave. he can play 5/8 and fullback and if mini does retire/leave at the end of the year, picking him up will ensure that if wells/RTS dont come on as planned for next season at least, we will have a ready-made replacement without having to fork out the big cash. Tomkins also comes firmly into the reckoning if we dont get dugan as well which would be a fantastic signing no doubt.

second article talks about leuluai back to the warriors. maloney is certain to leave - we are winning the race to sign him by all reports but even if we dont land him, the arrival of leuluai would seemingly mean that tuimavave in particular may not get his chance in first grade even if maloney leaves which opens him up as a potential acquisition as a replacement for braith. Also, with locke cementing the fullback spot, young fiisiahi will undoubtedly be looking for a shot a first grade somewhere in the not too distant future so like massey, he could be worth bringing across at the end of the year as well.

third article talks about DCE's contract at manly. i would be surprised if he left but things arent looking good at manly so nows the chance to strike at a few of their players with Des leaving and the board/ownership issues continuing. Although i feel as though DCE is a little overrated, there is a real opportunity for us to pick him up as a replacement for anasta and id definitely prefer him to maloney especially considering it would take similar coin for us to lure either of the two to us.

Throw in guys like gagai, foran, wade graham, townsend and gardner who could also be forced out of their clubs or looking for opportunities elsewhere for varying reasons all of whom play in positions where we will need strengthening in the not too distant future and it becomes clear that there is some great talent out there that we could sneak under the radar and nab

All things considered, i do think we are one or two experienced players short (particularly in the pack) so i wouldnt mind seeing us going after someone that ticks those boxes as well to take our young pack forward and lead by example.

Just some food for thought on a monday........
    Last edited by roz; 11-07-2011, 12:38 PM.

I think Maloney will replace Braith next season.

And I am not happy about it.

As I have said before, I want Braith to go for another three years at least as our captain and five-eigth.

Comment

cherry evans just wants more cash and so too his manager. dugans injuries have him feeling uncertain as too who still wants him he's just putting it out there again.

Comment

I have a sneaking suspiciion Maloney won't back up next year on his form this year. Not overly keen on signing him. I feel he played well in a team full of confidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Dubai View Post
          I have a sneaking suspiciion Maloney won't back up next year on his form this year. Not overly keen on signing him. I feel he played well in a team full of confidence.
          I think the same about Cherry Pie. I dont believe he will be half as good as he appeared this year.
          Alcohol never solved any life problems.....then again neither did milk.

Comment

DCE is a well-coached player in a well-coached team. Much like Matt Orford, any team that buys him will pay well overs to learn the hard way that he is no superstar.

Comment

Dessie is a supercoach

Orford has been a POS both Clubs thereafter

Comment

And look at the Dogs halves this year after their big money Manly signing

Comment

Didnt we sign a couple of young 5/8ths ? One from the warriors I think.
                  As for DCE- he is a good player absolutely no doubt so dont devalue him.Unlike Pearce was thrown at the deep end at a young age with shit coaches etc ..You know his story .
                  It would be foolish to think Pearce wont deliver in the next few years.
                  As for Foran I am lead to believe he has either signed for Bulldogs or is intending too.
                  Tomkins is one to grab ...The Bulldogs are chasing him hard .
                  Which Lui your referring too? BJ ? I would be surprised his whole family is here and his young brother is supposed to be a bit of a gun.

Personally 5/8th and fullback is a priority to take effective next year .I think a few young blokes will get a run here and there to see if they have any thing to offer during next year.
                  Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Originally posted by The Brain View Post
                    Didnt we sign a couple of young 5/8ths ? One from the warriors I think.
                    As for DCE- he is a good player absolutely no doubt so dont devalue him.Unlike Pearce was thrown at the deep end at a young age with shit coaches etc ..You know his story .
                    It would be foolish to think Pearce wont deliver in the next few years.
                    As for Foran I am lead to believe he has either signed for Bulldogs or is intending too.
                    Tomkins is one to grab ...The Bulldogs are chasing him hard .
                    Which Lui your referring too? BJ ? I would be surprised his whole family is here and his young brother is supposed to be a bit of a gun.

Personally 5/8th and fullback is a priority to take effective next year .I think a few young blokes will get a run here and there to see if they have any thing to offer during next year.
                    Thomas Leuluai - the bloke that plays in the ESL and for NZ from time to time not our BJ. he is not and should not be going anywhere ever. I agree. 5/8 and fullback should be the priority (you will notice all the names i raised play those positions). the signing of the young warriors 5/8 tuimavave which you refer to was a misunderstanding and did not happen. im not aware of us having signed any young 5/8s aside from mortimer although there is a kid mcgrady who will play 6 in the 20s this year that we signed from the titans mid-season who is meant to go pretty well but i have never seen him play.

My ideal plan would be to sign tomkins (covers fullback and 5/8) for next year in place of mini and sign the best young 6 in the country - young mcgahan is my pick. Then between the young half, wells, RTS and tomkins we will have sufficient talent and depth to cover 1 and 6 with the unlucky ones to miss out either playing wing/centres in RTS and well's case, or going elsewhere. That or we sign Tomkins and one of the 6s i listed above and go for broke.

Comment

i think it would be great to have another Mcgahan in the club.Have you seen him play roz?

Comment

Originally posted by ben25 View Post
                        i think it would be great to have another Mcgahan in the club.Have you seen him play roz?
                        yes. very promising. im sure there was a youtube vid as well that i saw of some of his season highlights in the 20s (if anyone has it/can find it please post). he played NZ schools last year and has 2 years of NYC still left in him (2012 and 2013). apparently hugh offered matt to the club before he signed with melbourne and we didnt take him up on the offer so im not sure why/what went down there and whether or not we burnt that bridge but id imagine that if it was simply a case of insufficient salary cap room/no ill-feelings, that hugh would encourage his young fellow to us if the opportunity arose. Id say that he is top few NYC 5/8s already. massive potential

Comment

Dugan is massively overrated, injury prone and reportedly a wanker. I hope we don't get him.

Maloney is ok good support player but not very creative, I wouldn't pay that much for him.

DCE had a great season yes he is lucky to be in a strong team but he is good. I like players who seem to have time and he just looks very calm under pressure, he is a good all round player.

Foran will end up at the Canterbury well that's anyone involved at the Dogs are saying.

Comment

i'd be giving Pritchard a first up crack at fullback.played great at the back against Melbourne before he got injured. not even sure if he's been resigned ,anyone know.?

Comment

Originally posted by bigben View Post
                              i'd be giving Pritchard a first up crack at fullback.played great at the back against Melbourne before he got injured. not even sure if he's been resigned ,anyone know.?
                              Pritchard is not FG standard. If he is the best option we have at FB then we are in trouble

Comment

Working...
                              X