Jared Warea-Hargreaves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jared Warea-Hargreaves

I don't mind admitting that I am a really big fan of this kid (along with Lama Tasi).

I watched him against Wales last night, and boy did he rip in, in defense and attack.

Him an Tasi always give 110% and would love to see them be life long Roosters.

I hope he smashes the Aussie forwards in the four nations final.

You can't fault JWH's enthusiasm and I'm glad he's a Rooster. I'd like to see him cut out the stupid, penalty prone stuff and know when to be aggressive and when to just pull his head in a bit. Lastly, I'm just not sure whether he is a prop.
    "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I too am glad he plays for us. his mistakes are less apart of his game now.

Comment

How good did he look Funky when he opened up and started running at the edges, absolutely steam rolled the welsh and there were some tough hitters in that team. Just ask Sam Mckendry. He's a lock for mine who can pick and choose his runs. Don't be surprised when he makes 40 tackles a game either if he starts getting good minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post
          How good did he look Funky when he opened up and started running at the edges, absolutely steam rolled the welsh and there were some tough hitters in that team. Just ask Sam Mckendry. He's a lock for mine who can pick and choose his runs. Don't be surprised when he makes 40 tackles a game either if he starts getting good minutes.
          he really does have a strong carry on him and i agree on his workrate - the bloke will learn to go the 80 or close enough to it and make 30+ tackles and 100+ metres week in week out. Im still not sold on him as a lock but. we would need to tone him down a bit ala FPN which would mean he would lose a bit of his effectiveness. also, turning him into a myles would make his inspired charges and enthusiasm a little less prevalent as he would be doing way more work. Maybe starting the odd game in the secondrow to accomodate an extra prop could work like we used to do with morely but like morely, it would do him more harm than good moving him to lock and make him harness a lot of his exuberance as he would have to try and balance his workload across the whole game.

Comment

He's the kind of player that makes you glad you don't play Rugby League professionally. He seems to enjoy men in pain, sounds like some pretty sick shit to me.

Comment

mr hasler wants him back.........to the manlyseadogs

Comment

Fark off Des he's ours, go learn how to speak properly.

Comment

He reminds me of Morley, suspensions and penalties are the price to pay for ruthless aggression

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Gunn View Post
                    He reminds me of Morley, suspensions and penalties are the price to pay for ruthless aggression
                    You want a rabid dog in a dog fight, not a bloody Pekinese.

Comment

Originally posted by roz View Post
                      he really does have a strong carry on him and i agree on his workrate - the bloke will learn to go the 80 or close enough to it and make 30+ tackles and 100+ metres week in week out. Im still not sold on him as a lock but. we would need to tone him down a bit ala FPN which would mean he would lose a bit of his effectiveness. also, turning him into a myles would make his inspired charges and enthusiasm a little less prevalent as he would be doing way more work. Maybe starting the odd game in the secondrow to accomodate an extra prop could work like we used to do with morely but like morely, it would do him more harm than good moving him to lock and make him harness a lot of his exuberance as he would have to try and balance his workload across the whole game.
                      I get what you're saying but I reckon he's a really underrated defender and I think his runs will actually benefit if he's allowed the freedom to run a little wider from lock whilst also doing the hard yards down the middle. Masoe, Ailomai and Evans will be our impact this year we need a few more players to step up in the work rate department and I definitely reckon Hargreaves has got the class to do it.

I could well be wrong, he may struggle to make such great metres per run as he does now and struggle when required to make large amounts of tackles but it's well worth the try imo. FPN has had his chance and been quite underwhelming at lock, Cordner isn't seasoned enough and I'm a bit hesitant to move Maubs away from that right hand fringe where he was so potent and really sures up the defense with Skidsy which is so important.

Comment

Unlike any others at the club he's also got the runs on the board afaic.

Rd 26 - 18 runs (172m), 22 tackles (2 missed), 51 minutes
                        Rd 24 - 14 runs (120m), 21 tackles (3 missed), 47 minutes
                        Rd 21 - 16 runs (158m), 30 tackles (1 missed), 57 minutes his only performance at lock to date

Just a few games from his end of season form. Still learning his trade but he's had 2 full seasons in First grade, I reckon now is just about the perfect time to hand him a more senior role in the team.

Comment

Unlike any others at the club he's also got the runs on the board afaic.

Rd 26 - 18 runs (172m), 22 tackles (2 missed), 51 minutes
                          Rd 24 - 14 runs (120m), 21 tackles (3 missed), 47 minutes
                          Rd 21 - 16 runs (158m), 30 tackles (1 missed), 57 minutes his only performance at lock to date

Just a few games from his end of season form. Still learning his trade but he's had 2 full seasons in First grade, I reckon now is just about the perfect time to hand him a more senior role in the team.
                          I think that Kennedy and Hargreaves wil be our starting props. Would like to see Bosden at lock.

Comment

hargraves was lean at the eagles and his workrate was and still is very good. he and our other forwards should have a great year next season i look forward to when they runout in round 1. bosden will be the player that i;m interested to see.

Comment

I get what you're saying but I reckon he's a really underrated defender and I think his runs will actually benefit if he's allowed the freedom to run a little wider from lock whilst also doing the hard yards down the middle. Masoe, Ailomai and Evans will be our impact this year we need a few more players to step up in the work rate department and I definitely reckon Hargreaves has got the class to do it.

I could well be wrong, he may struggle to make such great metres per run as he does now and struggle when required to make large amounts of tackles but it's well worth the try imo. FPN has had his chance and been quite underwhelming at lock, Cordner isn't seasoned enough and I'm a bit hesitant to move Maubs away from that right hand fringe where he was so potent and really sures up the defense with Skidsy which is so important.
                              all true. i dont doubt that he has the workrate/capacity to play that role and like you I also think that his defesive technique etc is very very good but for me its not a question of whether or not he can do it, its more whether or not that is the best role for him in the team. bosden who we have signed would seem the ideal fit at lock. he is a very similar player to hargreaves in terms of powerful carries, defensive work etc however his frame is best suited to the backrow and lock. he is a gallen-esque lock as well - a bit of footwork and an excellent offload, strong ball runner, hits hard in defence and works hard. He will have to have a big preseason to earn first crack at the 13 but imo, that is smiths plan.

8. JWH
                              9. Friend
                              10. Kennedy
                              13. Bosden

that is a fantastic middle - workrates, aggression, mobility, power

Comment

Working...
                              X