X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mickie Lane
    replied
    Originally posted by Seventy Five View Post

That's not a bad deal (if that is the deal) from the Tigers point of view, and nothing like the ridiculous, bordering on reckless figures being attributed to them recently; but why would Latrell take it?

500k difference over three years averages out at 166k per year. Now I understand that he isn't a current State of O player but with some strong performances there is the possibility of him being picked again at centre. No chance at fullback. Possibility of extra 90k if stays at Roosters, plays centre and makes SOO team. Don't see Freddy picking him out of position.

2020 Kangaroo tour. Potential 3 Test plus other games. I don't know what that is; do they get 20k a test? If so, there's another 60k. Again, he wont be taking Teddys spot so he hopes Mal picks him out of position. If the Tigers aren't travelling to well and other centres are delivering he may miss out there as well.

He Potentially drops 150k in rep money so overall he ends up 16k in front on the deal with the Tigers. Should we then consider potential 3rd party deals at the respective clubs, future success, legacy and 2023 contract (will his status have grown or declined along with his earning power).

I've been critical but I love the kid and hope he stays however, if he has burnt bridges and leaves for an offer like that he's crazy.

Because its guaranteed cashola & all he has to do is turn up if he takes the Tigers offer. If he gets picked for NSW & Australia then its just cream on the top.

Leave a comment:

• Seventy Five
    replied
    Originally posted by zac View Post

Don't think that's right. Apparently their deal is for 800 next year, then 900, then 1m. Our deal is for 1.6 for 2021-22 and I've seen no reports that we were upgrading his deal for next year (probably less than 600k). I'd say the move to the Tigers would be for at least 500k more over the next three years (with the chance to play fullback).
    That's not a bad deal (if that is the deal) from the Tigers point of view, and nothing like the ridiculous, bordering on reckless figures being attributed to them recently; but why would Latrell take it?

500k difference over three years averages out at 166k per year. Now I understand that he isn't a current State of O player but with some strong performances there is the possibility of him being picked again at centre. No chance at fullback. Possibility of extra 90k if stays at Roosters, plays centre and makes SOO team. Don't see Freddy picking him out of position.

2020 Kangaroo tour. Potential 3 Test plus other games. I don't know what that is; do they get 20k a test? If so, there's another 60k. Again, he wont be taking Teddys spot so he hopes Mal picks him out of position. If the Tigers aren't travelling to well and other centres are delivering he may miss out there as well.

He Potentially drops 150k in rep money so overall he ends up 16k in front on the deal with the Tigers. Should we then consider potential 3rd party deals at the respective clubs, future success, legacy and 2023 contract (will his status have grown or declined along with his earning power).

I've been critical but I love the kid and hope he stays however, if he has burnt bridges and leaves for an offer like that he's crazy.

Leave a comment:

• zac
    replied
    Originally posted by RoosterChick View Post
    Latrell is not going to Vegas with the rest of the team. Just about sums it up. He’s gone. We won’t see him in our colours again. Sad, but it looks like he might be at the Tigers next season. And for only $100k more than what we offered him over the next 3 years combined.
    Don't think that's right. Apparently their deal is for 800 next year, then 900, then 1m. Our deal is for 1.6 for 2021-22 and I've seen no reports that we were upgrading his deal for next year (probably less than 600k). I'd say the move to the Tigers would be for at least 500k more over the next three years (with the chance to play fullback).

Leave a comment:

• Easts75
    replied
    Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
    Yeah but is it really any more ridiculous than Christians who believe the story of Adam & Eve?

And aren't half of the Islander players Mormans? Which has an Origin story that is utterly ridiculous even by religious standards of fantasy.
    I believe in Science more than make believe invisible Gods.

Leave a comment:

• Tommy Smith
    replied
    Originally posted by Thirteen View Post

If he does believe this he’s a wacko and we should piss him off immediately.
    Yeah but is it really any more ridiculous than Christians who believe the story of Adam & Eve?

And aren't half of the Islander players Mormans? Which has an Origin story that is utterly ridiculous even by religious standards of fantasy.

Leave a comment:

• Rooster1908
    replied
    Originally posted by Easts75 View Post

He believes the fires are the doing of Aboriginal elders that have passed. Has posted images of them appearing in clouds, smoke, fire etc saying they are watching and this is their doing.
    Can you please confirm the smoke was coming from the fires and not some other substance.

Leave a comment:

• Thirteen
    replied
    Originally posted by Easts75 View Post

He believes the fires are the doing of Aboriginal elders that have passed. Has posted images of them appearing in clouds, smoke, fire etc saying they are watching and this is their doing.
    If he does believe this he’s a wacko and we should piss him off immediately.

Leave a comment:

• RoosterChick
    replied
    Latrell is not going to Vegas with the rest of the team. Just about sums it up. He’s gone. We won’t see him in our colours again. Sad, but it looks like he might be at the Tigers next season. And for only $100k more than what we offered him over the next 3 years combined.

Leave a comment:

• Rooster1908
    replied
    Yep agree , over it , just make up your mind , but probably go would be best

Leave a comment:

• Maxy Walker
    replied
    Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

I'm not particularly concerned if he does leave
    Lol. Yeah ok.

Leave a comment:

• TheLoneRooster
    replied
    Instashit - I like it. Nice one crikey.

For how much longer can this story be milked? I'm hoping it fades soon as I'm completely over the story. Go or don't go, I don't care.

Leave a comment:

• crikey chris
    replied
    Originally posted by The Brain View Post
    Lots of pics Of ..latrell putting out fires in Taree ..time he put his own fire out
    Yep, a few articles of this in the media.

So called journalists getting info from Facebook and Instashit , and quoting Latrel's words as if they actually did a interview with him. The Internet has made journalists more lazy and incompetent than usual.

As I "follow" Latrel on Instashit, in the last week or so, he did help with fires one afternoon, but spends most of the time on his boat with his mates. The malaka has the same IQ as the number on the back of his jersey lol.

Leave a comment:

• ism22
    replied
    Originally posted by novice chook View Post

If he totally transformed his body shape and actually took his fitness seriously he might make a good FB, but the current Latrell doesn't have the miles in his body to play FB 80 minutes for 20+ weeks a year. The Chooks figured that out by the end of 2016, which was why Flash Gordon was bought into the club. Despite being 10 odd years his senior, Flash was fitter than Latrell ever was and I suspect ever will be.
    Love to see you take fitness as seriously as him and play 80 mins of NRL as a centre.

The guy's done nothing but fitness training from a very young age and has the physique of an elite athlete. Like a lot of players these days he's a power athlete who has to play smart in order to conserve energy.

I'm extremely envious of the physique Latrell has developed (all through hard work) because he's fast and super lean but also extremely powerful. Look sure some of that is natural. However, you won't setup a match winning try in the 72nd minute of an NRL grand final on natural talent alone.

Since I raised it... a naturally talented centre with attitude issues and weight issues allowed us to get into the right position for that try. Compare Latrell's physique + attitude to that of BJ's. Now who has played for Australia and won 2 x GFs? On the other hand, who has been excluded from rep footy after assaulting his missus and fallen short during 2 x GFs? Go figure. You'll find one of them is in better physical shape too, while the other took 10 minutes to get to his feet, even when we'd clearly stacked our left edge with our main strike weapons.

Be careful who you call lazy...
    Last edited by ism22; 11-15-2019, 05:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Rooster_6
    replied
    Originally posted by Maxy Walker View Post

No idea what puff piece you’re talking about. Of course SST & JWH were always in the plans to be retained. The Latrell money now allows those kind of offers to be topped up.

And I doubt Latrell gets to come back and reopen negotiations. He didn’t close them in the first place the club did.

Think you’re really clutching at straws with some of this stuff dude. Time to move onto the next phase.
    I'm not particularly concerned if he does leave, I'm excited to see what Billy Smith has to offer. Just providing some balance to all the discussion.

Your point has been noted for the 5th time. Don't have to keep coming into the thread if you wanna move on...

Leave a comment:

• stringaz
    replied
    Originally posted by novice chook View Post

If he totally transformed his body shape and actually took his fitness seriously he might make a good FB, but the current Latrell doesn't have the miles in his body to play FB 80 minutes for 20+ weeks a year. The Chooks figured that out by the end of 2016, which was why Flash Gordon was bought into the club. Despite being 10 odd years his senior, Flash was fitter than Latrell ever was and I suspect ever will be.
    Good point, it has been a few years since maybe things have changed but I had totally forgotten this.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X