X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mickie Lane
    replied
    Originally posted by Nigel Gaffey View Post
    Unfortunately Latrell is gone. Uncle Nick doesn’t want him at the club and when you p1ss off uncle Nick it’s bye bye.

none of the playing group like Latrell, a similar path to Hastings within the senior playing group.

our clubs success is formed on our team chemistry and culture.

very sad but that’s what I have come to the conclusion in regards to this. Why would we sign up Manu 3 weeks ago because his attitude is where it needs to be and he is grateful or his opportunities. He doesn’t have a big head and quietly goes about his business, reminds me of Toupou.
    I think unless you are in the inner sactions of the team there is no way anyone would know that for sure. Im sure there are players who like him.

Leave a comment:

• Easts75
    replied
    Originally posted by Johnny73 View Post
    Danny Wielder is to sports journalism what Jeffrey Epstein was to teenage angst.
    Fark me this is quality

Leave a comment:

• Nigel Gaffey
    replied
    Unfortunately Latrell is gone. Uncle Nick doesn’t want him at the club and when you p1ss off uncle Nick it’s bye bye.

none of the playing group like Latrell, a similar path to Hastings within the senior playing group.

our clubs success is formed on our team chemistry and culture.

very sad but that’s what I have come to the conclusion in regards to this. Why would we sign up Manu 3 weeks ago because his attitude is where it needs to be and he is grateful or his opportunities. He doesn’t have a big head and quietly goes about his business, reminds me of Toupou.

Leave a comment:

• 74 Rooster
    replied
    I hope you are right Rooster 6. I don't want to lose Latrell. If anyone is going to get the best out of him, it's the Roosters.

Leave a comment:

• Maxy Walker
    replied
    And now we move into the second stage of grief.

Leave a comment:

• Johnny73
    replied
    Danny Wielder is to sports journalism what Jeffrey Epstein was to teenage angst.

Leave a comment:

• ROC181
    replied
    Correct R6...I thought I'd add this article from the SMH today:

The owner of the $250,000 Mercedes that Latrell Mitchell drove for a month during this year’s finals series has come forward to identify himself – builder Alex Rahman.

And he has also stepped out to defend his mate of nine years.

“Anyone who says Latrell is greedy doesn’t know a thing about the man,” he said. “Latrell loves the Roosters, they are his club and leaving the team will hurt him to his core if that’s what happens.”
    The Roosters saw the car as a sign Mitchell had lost focus – and feared it belonged to an associate of advisor Mario Tartak – who was angling to get the star to leave. Taken for a ride: The Mercedes Latrell Mitchell has been driving was lent to him by a friend.
    “It’s my car, I’ve got a building company that employs 65 people ... I lent it to him because his Hilux broke down,’’ Rahman said. ‘‘People make so many assumptions about Latrell ... like the car. The facts are straightforward. He is a young dad, he has another child coming and he wants to make the most of his earning time in football. What’s wrong with that?
    Advertisement
    ‘‘He thinks he can do better than the money he was offered and he is having a look. He isn’t the first footballer to do that. The attacks on him won’t break him or worry him. He is tough as. He has copped it his whole life and now he is standing up for himself.” RELATED ARTICLE

Add to shortlist
    On Tuesday, the door was shut on Latrell Mitchell at Bondi.

For the Roosters, the view was simple. If a rival club has the money to take Mitchell for the 2020 season, he was theirs. It followed our column from last week where we told you Mitchell had all but made up his mind to go. It’s a long way from the moments straight after the club’s emotional grand final win last month.

In the minutes after full-time Mitchell had his daughter on his shoulders. She was wearing a red, white and blue dress and a giant smile. Mitchell was embracing his mum, Patricia, and his dad, Matt, had tears in his eyes as I talked to him. RELATED ARTICLE

OPINION

Add to shortlist
    “I said to him, you are 22 and not many players get to play in one grand final, let alone two,” Matt said of the moment. When I mentioned it had been a tough year for his son, Matt gushed: “The good thing about the Roosters family is they are all family. Robbo and the crew let him come home and sort things out.’’

Did he think Mitchell was staying at the Roosters?

“I hope so, I love this place.”

Fast forward a month and Trent Robinson is sitting opposite Latrell at his home in Maroubra telling him the offer is gone – $800,000 a year off the table.

Across the other side of the world Nick Politis was backing his coach, and fuming. He knows how much the club has done for Mitchell, and his family. Politis is about respect. He wasn’t feeling that from Mitchell.

By Danny Weidler
    November 9, 2019 — 10.24pm

Leave a comment:

• Withdrawn contract offers does not mean the player is leaving

There seems to have been this leap to the assumption that just because the Roosters withdrew their offer to Latrell Mitchell that he is now no chance of staying which just isn't true.

Offers are often just withdrawn because the two parties are working on different time lines.

In this case the Roosters have numerous top end players off contract this year and can't afford to wait until Latrell Mitchell finishes 'testing the water' because his 700-800k whilst not signed for has been allocated on the Roosters budget and therefore couldn't be offered to another player.

This puts the club at risk of losing a player before Mitchell makes his decision and if Mitchell choses to leave then the club loses 2 players with 800k in their hands looking clueless.

There is no doubt a lot of emotion involved in this, the Roosters feel disrespected as evidenced by their unprecedented statement on the issue.

Now I'm not naive, offers are also withdrawn because one of the parties no longer wishes to negotiate. The chances of him leaving are definitely higher than a week ago.

We are a passionate bunch, I just urge caution on this topic as there is a lot of mis-information being publicly spread on this topic and your feelings/comments on the matter can't be taken back.

My information on this is that the Roosters still would like to re-sign Mitchell and Mitchell does genuinley care about the club and what they've done for him.

Give it some time though and let some water pass under the bridge. It doesn't sound like we will hear a decision for some time contrary to what Tripple M are reporting.

Keep in mind too, none of this has been driven by Mitchell. He wants to test the waters and that's fair enough. It's the media's insane interest in him that has driven a lot of the talk and then our statement was like a bottle of gasoline that just ignited the whole chaos. Mitchell hasn't said a bad word about the club so whilst he's still here and wearing our colours I will continue to support him.
Working...
X