• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013PREMIERS
    replied
    Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
    It’s one thing to pull an offer.

It’s unprecedented when it’s the best centre in the world, with still a year to run and you publicly state the offer is withdrawn.

Never seen the like of it.

I can’t see him here next season - let alone after that.
    He's not even the best centre at the club

Leave a comment:

• Rooster_6
    replied
    Originally posted by Maxy Walker View Post

Denial
    That's stage one.

Leave a comment:

• Maxy Walker
    replied
    Originally posted by Random Rooster View Post
    I just received footage of Latrell's manager going in to see Nick Politis about getting an upgrade on that 800k offer!!!!

​​​​​​https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qynydbBpqy4
    That was exactly the scene I thought of when I heard about the offer being withdrawn.

Leave a comment:

• Maxy Walker
    replied
    Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

Anger?
    Denial

Leave a comment:

• theGman
    replied
    Originally posted by Nigel Gaffey View Post
    Unfortunately Latrell is gone. Uncle Nick doesn’t want him at the club and when you p1ss off uncle Nick it’s bye bye.

none of the playing group like Latrell, a similar path to Hastings within the senior playing group.

our clubs success is formed on our team chemistry and culture.

very sad but that’s what I have come to the conclusion in regards to this. Why would we sign up Manu 3 weeks ago because his attitude is where it needs to be and he is grateful or his opportunities. He doesn’t have a big head and quietly goes about his business, reminds me of Toupou.
    I view the entire saga the same as you Gaff.
    The penny for me dropped a few weeks back when they announced Manu's re-signing. For mine they made their decision to invest in a humble, loyal and continually improving youngster who is low maintenance and sets a good example to the younger kids coming through our ranks.
    As others have indicated loyalty is a big thing for Uncle Nick. He gives it back in bucket loads. Freddie, Ricko, Mini, Fitzy are examples of that. MAubbs will probably also be a beneficiary once he hangs up the boots. Disrespecting him would have cut deep given the support the club has provided LM.
    It's a damn pity Latrell has chosen to listen and take advice from amateur wannabees!
    Thanks for the memories LM.

Leave a comment:

• Random Rooster
    replied
    I just received footage of Latrell's manager going in to see Nick Politis about getting an upgrade on that 800k offer!!!!

​​​​​​https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qynydbBpqy4

Leave a comment:

• Rooster_6
    replied
    And now we move into the second stage of grief.
    Anger?

Leave a comment:

• Johnny Tobin
    replied
    It’s one thing to pull an offer.

It’s unprecedented when it’s the best centre in the world, with still a year to run and you publicly state the offer is withdrawn.

Never seen the like of it.

I can’t see him here next season - let alone after that.

Leave a comment:

• Johnny Tobin
    replied
    And now we move into the second stage of grief.
    Lol

Leave a comment:

• Mad_Rabid_Rooster
    replied
    It is certainly a difficult juggling act, tough to manage.

Leave a comment:

• Team Evil
    replied
    I think Rooster 6 is spot on. We need to negotiate with several players and they can't afford to have 800k sitting in limbo. They made an offer and Latrell said he wants to test the market.
    Roosters need to move forward and sign some very important players. If we do not get them all then we may have extra money for Latrell.
    I personally believe 800k was about right but even at that price we are going to struggle to keep everyone else.
    Very hard decisions for the club.

Leave a comment:

• zac
    replied
    Problem is with the talent that we have coming off contract over the next two years, it's possible that we just won't have the room to accommodate him, even if he wants to stay.

It's not a question of coming back and signing with his tail between his legs - who wants that?, I want him to sign with us with pride - but if he wants to stay, he'd do well to tell us asap.

Leave a comment:

• Nigel Gaffey
    replied
    Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
    Nigel Gaffey stop pulling shit out of your arse. I expect more from you.
    time will tell I guess

Leave a comment:

• Thirteen
    replied
    Nigel Gaffey stop pulling shit out of your arse. I expect more from you.

Leave a comment:

• ROC181
    replied
    Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

I think unless you are in the inner sactions of the team there is no way anyone would know that for sure. Im sure there are players who like him.
    I’m sure they all do and are smart enough to recognise that he has got himself involved with people who are feeding him dreams that he isn’t up to that level of attaining just yet which is why on that Kent article I doubt that any senior Rooster would have called him high maintenance.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X