X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ism22
    replied
    Originally posted by Salvatori Grubber View Post

He’d love it, he’s a cowboy for sure with his whole hunting, nature and sick utes thing.

I reckon that being within proximity to the region out past Taree is where he’s happiest, whilst also having access to big city infrastructure is necessary also.

Which is why he must be at a club that allows him both. From all that I’ve read, Easts were accommodating enough (although who knows what really happens behind closed doors), so maybe Robbo told him that as long as he’s playing to 100% of his potential, he can do as he needs (given that his superior execution on the field would win us comps).

However, I imagine playing fullback ranked higher in Latrell’s head, so Souths became a good idea.

The part that I would love to understand, is why test the market now? Did Latrell make the call on his own? I doubt it, maybe his new manager with another assisting. The separation from Deacon was a catalyst, I would say.

Then there’s Boyd, Jake and the coaches (of whom two are new). They wanted him as a Centre and I presume with promises around what the future could bring, they tried to keep him.

I do fully respect Latrell’s position in all this. He’s a sovereign human being trying to live his life in a maelstrom of post-Capitalist noise, as the space-time continuum looks idly by. It’s a pity that such a nice guy got caught up in it.

But in the end the whole palaver seems I’ll-advised.

Nobody is bigger than ESDRLFC.
    All players are allowed to spend time with their families - it's not some oddity about his culture/family (they just happen to live in a regional area). It's not as if he's had attitude issues or special treatment either. That's all bullshyte.

Oh and eeerm look at a map. Taree's nowhere near north QLD.

To me he's probably staying. However:
    - The media's got no news during the off-season.
    - Latrell's got no news coz he's off fighting bushfires and putting up Christmas trees.
    - The media wanna make a story of the fact there is no news... thus we get fed a bunch of meaningless bullshyte.
    Last edited by ism22; 12-01-2019, 03:20 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Rooster1908
    replied
    Originally posted by Salvatori Grubber View Post

I do fully respect Latrell’s position in all this. He’s a sovereign human being trying to live his life in a maelstrom of post-Capitalist noise, as the space-time continuum looks idly by. It’s a pity that such a nice guy got caught up in it.

Dude what have you been smoking and is it readily available in shops

Leave a comment:

• stephenj
    replied
    i reckon latrel will play union with easts and waratahs, then hell be training against his old club at moore park?

Leave a comment:

• Jacks Fur Coat
    replied
    Originally posted by OMR View Post

As long as it’s a straight swap with Ezekiel
    What position would you play Zeke?

Leave a comment:

• Salvatori Grubber
    replied
    Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
    I'm now waiting for Lattrell to say his dream was always to play for the Dallas Cowboys..
    He’d love it, he’s a cowboy for sure with his whole hunting, nature and sick utes thing.

I reckon that being within proximity to the region out past Taree is where he’s happiest, whilst also having access to big city infrastructure is necessary also.

Which is why he must be at a club that allows him both. From all that I’ve read, Easts were accommodating enough (although who knows what really happens behind closed doors), so maybe Robbo told him that as long as he’s playing to 100% of his potential, he can do as he needs (given that his superior execution on the field would win us comps).

However, I imagine playing fullback ranked higher in Latrell’s head, so Souths became a good idea.

The part that I would love to understand, is why test the market now? Did Latrell make the call on his own? I doubt it, maybe his new manager with another assisting. The separation from Deacon was a catalyst, I would say.

Then there’s Boyd, Jake and the coaches (of whom two are new). They wanted him as a Centre and I presume with promises around what the future could bring, they tried to keep him.

Leave a comment:

• OMR
    replied
    I'm now waiting for Lattrell to say his dream was always to play for the Dallas Cowboys..
    As long as it’s a straight swap with Ezekiel

Leave a comment:

• Rooster1908
    replied
    I have the same dream but involves Dallas Cowgirls

Leave a comment:

• QWERTY
    replied
    Hey, at least If he goes to union, he will be the one club player he said he wanted to be AND earn enough to retire at 30

Leave a comment:

• Jacks Fur Coat
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Kingbilly
    replied
    We can say LM helped us win 2 premierships and yes indeed he did. But we all know that things can cause major disruptions. Will this crap cost us a third, how will attitudes change then ?
    The Roosters have won back to back based on hard work and doing it for each other, now apparently one player is doing it for himself, hardly the kind of attitude that wins another.

But then again we actually haven't heard much from LM, its all been the media telling us what is happening. Thats not a group of people I trust very much and its just as likely a beat up to disrupt the club as anything else

Leave a comment:

• Bondicigar
    replied
    I'm hoping for an Olympic diving team worthy backflip.
    2019 latrell mitchell was nrl highest point scorer and 2nd highest try scorer.
    He's 22 and making poor decisions that I'm sure he will look back on to regret but to wish him injury on him is pathetic. Some people have very short memories.
    Last edited by Bondicigar; 12-01-2019, 09:07 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Arties Pie
    replied
    Originally posted by zac View Post

Maybe he hasn't handled contract negotiations well, maybe he's been badly advised, maybe he has been treacherous, maybe the media hasn't got everything right. I'm not going to condemn the guy without knowing the full details. I do know that he has helped us win two comps.

I'm supportive of all Roosters players. Okay, maybe it's just internet banter, but hoping a guy gets hurt is off. What are you - a bunch of Tonya Hardings?
    I never stated I wanted him hurt...I think you have confused me with someone else.

Leave a comment:

• Jacks Fur Coat
    replied
    Originally posted by ROC181 View Post

Smee didn't say Latrell should get hurt. He said he'd like to see Latrell at the bottom of an All Blacks ruck...You don't get hurt there otherwise you'd see players coming off in every game BUT you will know it ain't easy, so....take it easy with the outrage.
    But a number of others have...so in this case I think outrage is appropriate. Just a slightly sugar coated wish of ill will anyway.

Leave a comment:

• Bruce 38-0
    replied
    I think it’s Souffs. The Tigpies were told by his manager that he may not make his mind up until Christmas. Why then - supposedly by then the Burgess decision will be known - but then again might not be.

The Tigpies were giving him what he wanted FB and $ but still couldn’t take it.

So he’s waiting. There’s only one club that I think he wants, despite what his family told Danny Weidler after the GF. (Google SMH Danny Weidler interview).

Leave a comment:

• zac
    replied
    Originally posted by ROC181 View Post

Smee didn't say Latrell should get hurt. He said he'd like to see Latrell at the bottom of an All Blacks ruck...You don't get hurt there otherwise you'd see players coming off in every game BUT you will know it ain't easy, so....take it easy with the outrage.
    Thanks for clearing things up.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X