Paul Kent article in the Tele today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Serenader View Post

Was quoted on triple M today on the radio. I know all speculation but that amount of money is out of this world!!
    If true, then the Tigers board are on acid.

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit of 66 View Post

If true, then the Tigers board are on acid.
      Agreed, they cannot be serious. Power to Latrell if that's genuine.. but geez.

Comment

Paul Kent's articles can be somewhat confusing.

Anyway when i read that part of the story, i immediately thought of an interview that Robbo gave not long ago where he said he always consulted what Boyd & Travis thought if he was in any sort of doubt.

So my take on it is that Robbo / Nick spoke to Boyd re his thoughts about Latrell and his dynamic within the team. Boyd (if it was him of course) is a straight shooter, and wouldn't BS around and sugar coat it.

Unfortunately for us Latrell does not have the personality to navigate into being a long term successful professional athlete. His personality is all wrong for this type of gig.

Having said all that i don't want to lose him. Hopefully with (further) hands on management he can have success and longevity with us.

One other thing, if he joins the Tigers, he is doomed. Can you see McGuire giving him time off, when it all gets too hard ? , nah didn't think so. Wests is the absolute worst place for him to go.

Comment

Originally posted by The ticket View Post

My reading says Canterbury that part is about the Canterbury club and the senior player is la Dylan
          In 2018 Mitchell was a pup that needed the attention, and went on to save us in the Sharks final, and scored a try in the grand final. Clearly the effort Robbo invested in him was worth it.

Napa should stick to "fitting in" fingers in butt holes.

Comment

It is looking likely that he may be gone, but you have to be aware of any article these days. I do have relatively more respect for Kent, though.
            MRR or Rabid

Some people believe supporting the Roosters
            is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
            with that attitude. I can assure you it is
            much, much more important than that.

(1981 Bill Shankly quote variation)

Comment

Originally posted by Spirit of 66 View Post

“Apparent” to someone on acid, maybe.
              Reported on a few sites now.... ridiculous on tigers behalf if true.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post

Agreed, they cannot be serious. Power to Latrell if that's genuine.. but geez.
                If true that’s 500k more than we offered. Wow......just wow! Cannot be true
                Red, White and Bluesters!!!

Comment

$ 1.3m , no way it's BS, they wouldn't have to offer that much more than us. 900 would be enough, $1m , why pay 500k overs ? , its BS. Tigers can't be that stupid.

Comment

> Another manager, Mario Tartak, introduced Mitchell to Canterbury Leagues Club chairman George Coorey which is where the Bulldogs 10-year deal first stemmed from.

OMG if he's the Mario Tartak I'm thinking of then ruuuun!!! I went to school with a guy of that name and if it's him then eeerm, I'll say no more.

Comment

This is why our Club is so successful. They will not be held to ransom. It's all about the team.

Joey will school Latrell next year (I have no doubt he is gone and will be released early.)
                      I back the Club 100%
                      Embrace the Hate! JC

Comment

Secretly holding negotiations while gearing up for premiership defense? That's a paddlin'

That Kent article makes me want to pack his bags for him. What to believe?

Comment

Originally posted by 74 Rooster View Post
                          $ 1.3m , no way it's BS, they wouldn't have to offer that much more than us. 900 would be enough, $1m , why pay 500k overs ? , its BS. Tigers can't be that stupid.
                          Stupid enough to let Teddy go......

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post
                            > Another manager, Mario Tartak, introduced Mitchell to Canterbury Leagues Club chairman George Coorey which is where the Bulldogs 10-year deal first stemmed from.

OMG if he's the Mario Tartak I'm thinking of then ruuuun!!! I went to school with a guy of that name and if it's him then eeerm, I'll say no more.
                            The one referred to has just been bankrupted by Amex so it’s probably the same person.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

I doubt there would be too many Mario Tartaks buzzing around..

Comment

When you plan to pay $1.3mil per season for an individual player places all the focus on that player.

Also throws the salary cap balance against the rest of your squad into a bit of a spin.

Even if you have moderate success your retention strategy will be tested over the coming seasons.

Comment

Working...
                                X