Announcement

Collapse

Premium Subscriptions are now Active

Premium Subscriptions to TheChookpen.com.au can now be purchased and activated by clicking this link here or by clicking your Username at the top right, then User Settings, then Subscriptions. Thanks for your ongoing support leading into 2020! For more information about Premium Subscriptions, please click this link.
See more
See less

Toxic Gutter Journalism

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Toxic Gutter Journalism

    Like everyone I have been reading these newspaper reports from only one try hard Hooper and thinking it’s the end of Lattrell at the Chooks, I could live with it however I have been told from a couple very reliable sources that Hooper is blowing all these negotiations out of all proportions, in fact Mr Hooper is getting back at a) The Club as his previous reliable source at the club no longer trusts him so gives him no inside info, this is Hoopers way of flushing him out and B) Lattrell manager, don’t know the guy but he has been feeding Hooper bullshit stories for months not just on Lattrell but other sportspeople under his care and Hooper has been running with these false stories without due diligence and made to look more the fool than he already was.

    Yes we have taken back our offer which I think is a good move, I do not think he will be with us next season, however this reported distain between power brokers, coach manager and player is a falsehood, negotiations came to a head, it’s business nothing more to see here
    Bringer of Rain, Embrace the Hate, Freedom for All

  • #2
    It's annoying! It's almost as if the media's trying to kill his opportunity to legitimately test the market by making it too much of a drama for all those involved. Betcha the Doggies and Souffs have claimed to pull out for his welfare (to kill rumours...etc).

    The photos and stuff have been bullshyte too. I mean wow... a footy player drives a nice car. Wow, we stalked him and found him milking a cow. Fukking leave him alone ay!!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by The Thracian View Post
      Yes we have taken back our offer which I think is a good move, I do not think he will be with us next season, however this reported distain between power brokers, coach manager and player is a falsehood, negotiations came to a head, it’s business nothing more to see here
      And that was the risk Latrell took by going on the open market, that we would rescind our offer.

      It happens all the time whether you’re selling your house, car etc that your first offer might be the best, only for you to turn it down and not get the price you were hoping for.
      Get out of the way, I'm next

      Comment


      • #4
        I see it differently. We withdrew the offer to discourage other clubs from going after him. The fact b2b premiers are letting him go has made other clubs suspicious of his real value so they are backing off hesitant and reluctant to take the risk and gamble that his own club won’t take despite us having plenty of cash with coops gone. Other clubs seem not to want to be seen as foolish and Latrell is not going to get his $million easily. Or how he thought it would pan out. He is being devalued everytime a club drops out of the chase indicating to other clubs he’s not worth the asking price . If he drops his asking price then he might have to start at a new club for only a pittance more than we offered him. He’s better off with us and has more to gain than with a has been club of no names.
        Close your eyes to racial differences and welcome all with the light of oneness." - (Baha’u’llah)

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by ism22 View Post
          It's annoying! It's almost as if the media's trying to kill his opportunity to legitimately test the market by making it too much of a drama for all those involved. Betcha the Doggies and Souffs have claimed to pull out for his welfare (to kill rumours...etc).

          The photos and stuff have been bullshyte too. I mean wow... a footy player drives a nice car. Wow, we stalked him and found him milking a cow. Fukking leave him alone ay!!
          The media seemed to have frightened a lot of clubs off and this has devalued him overnight. I think he was given the best offer by the roosters as well to stay and develop with a champion team. His managers are crazy and are destroying his career.

          Close your eyes to racial differences and welcome all with the light of oneness." - (Baha’u’llah)

          Comment


          • #6
            I have a different take on the situation

            i don’t think the roosters offer of 800k was ever real

            i believe that Latrell has had a deal in place with the Rabbitohs for a while. The roosters know this as does most of the media

            the reason for the roosters publicly withdrawing the offer and stating its value is to prevent Souths from trying to lowball their contract with Latrell under their cap.

            They will now have to include him in the cap as 800k+. That along with Roberts and Gagai at high values will royally screw them for next season.

            also if the roosters release him a year early to expect some hefty player swap demands to further screw them

            one thing about the roosters, when it comes to business they rarely get it wrong
            Last edited by Tennessee Tornado; 11-09-2019, 08:32 AM.

            Comment


            • #7
              What pisses me off most about this process is Latrell's managers and advisors through confecting this circus are robbing the young man of a magic moment in his sporting life.

              Latrell should have had a period of celebration running uninterrupted from October to March, with his mangers working "professionally" away in the background to secure his playing future.

              The other thing is I hope for Latrell sake if he is going to change clubs, it is substantially more than $800,000, which I think was a fair offer.

              If $850 - $900,000 will see for every $100,000 he picks up he will lose up to $37,000 in tax, plus his "managers" percentage.

              If he ends up at a cashed club like the West Tigers, taking on a role like the young James Tedesco, trying to single-handedly rescue games will be a significant personal challenge.

              If he succeeds in 3 years, he will be in a strong negotiating position - if it doesn't go well, Latrell may find it difficult to get the money he wants mid-career.

              If he chooses to go, which now seems very likely - I will always be thankful for his time at our club.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Frozen Chook View Post
                What pisses me off most about this process is Latrell's managers and advisors through confecting this circus are robbing the young man of a magic moment in his sporting life.

                Latrell should have had a period of celebration running uninterrupted from October to March, with his mangers working "professionally" away in the background to secure his playing future.

                The other thing is I hope for Latrell sake if he is going to change clubs, it is substantially more than $800,000, which I think was a fair offer.

                If $850 - $900,000 will see for every $100,000 he picks up he will lose up to $37,000 in tax, plus his "managers" percentage.

                If he ends up at a cashed club like the West Tigers, taking on a role like the young James Tedesco, trying to single-handedly rescue games will be a significant personal challenge.

                If he succeeds in 3 years, he will be in a strong negotiating position - if it doesn't go well, Latrell may find it difficult to get the money he wants mid-career.

                If he chooses to go, which now seems very likely - I will always be thankful for his time at our club.

                You are spot on. Asking for more money at a low performing club comes with high expectations from day one. And I don't think that Latrell can cope with that kind of pressure.
                Ash Taylor comes to mind. $1million a year for a couple of seasons with nothing to show for it on the field. Now where is his career going to go? Who knows but I doubt he will ever be offered that kind of money again.
                Latrell is so much better off taking the $800k for a few more years and trying to develop his game. At the age 25 then start demanding the mega bucks.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by SupermanSupportsEasts4Eva View Post


                  You are spot on. Asking for more money at a low performing club comes with high expectations from day one. And I don't think that Latrell can cope with that kind of pressure.
                  Ash Taylor comes to mind. $1million a year for a couple of seasons with nothing to show for it on the field. Now where is his career going to go? Who knows but I doubt he will ever be offered that kind of money again.
                  Latrell is so much better off taking the $800k for a few more years and trying to develop his game. At the age 25 then start demanding the mega bucks.
                  On the other hand it’s easy to look good at a shit club

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Frozen Chook View Post
                    What pisses me off most about this process is Latrell's managers and advisors through confecting this circus are robbing the young man of a magic moment in his sporting life.

                    Latrell should have had a period of celebration running uninterrupted from October to March, with his mangers working "professionally" away in the background to secure his playing future.

                    The other thing is I hope for Latrell sake if he is going to change clubs, it is substantially more than $800,000, which I think was a fair offer.

                    If $850 - $900,000 will see for every $100,000 he picks up he will lose up to $37,000 in tax, plus his "managers" percentage.

                    If he ends up at a cashed club like the West Tigers, taking on a role like the young James Tedesco, trying to single-handedly rescue games will be a significant personal challenge.

                    If he succeeds in 3 years, he will be in a strong negotiating position - if it doesn't go well, Latrell may find it difficult to get the money he wants mid-career.

                    If he chooses to go, which now seems very likely - I will always be thankful for his time at our club.
                    I want your accountant

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      The media, and some commentators and journalists in particular, have a lot to answer for.
                      Rabid

                      "Some people believe supporting the Roosters
                      is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed
                      with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much
                      more important than that."

                      (Bill Shankly quote variation)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by The Lip View Post

                        I want your accountant
                        My bad I have to confess I haven’t earned over $180,000 so didn’t get the figure right it’s even worst the figure should have been $45,000 not $37,000.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X