Announcement

Collapse

Premium Subscriptions are now Active

Premium Subscriptions to TheChookpen.com.au can now be purchased and activated by clicking this link here or by clicking your Username at the top right, then User Settings, then Subscriptions. Thanks for your ongoing support leading into 2020! For more information about Premium Subscriptions, please click this link.
See more
See less

So it looks like Latrell may have played his last game for the Roosters

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • So it looks like Latrell may have played his last game for the Roosters

    Disappointing that it seems the relationship between the Roosters and Latrell has totally broken down.

    Deep down I have felt he was gone for a while.

    Will always remember the flashes of brilliance he showed in the RWB.
    Last edited by fletch; 11-05-2019, 08:28 PM.

  • #2
    Originally posted by fletch View Post
    Disappointing that it seems the relationship between the Roosters and Latrell has totally broken down.

    Deep down I have felt he was gone for a while.

    Will always remember the flashes of brilliance he showed in the RWB.
    What are you basing this on, Fletch?

    Comment


    • #3
      He seems to surround himself with some rather hateful individuals; the latest being Anthony Mundine.

      This has been a ticking time bomb for a while now if we're honest.

      It's such a shame because Robbo and the club genuinely care for him; unlike his entourage.

      If he does indeed leave then I wish him all the best. He's given us some amazing memories. However I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up retired and back home in Taree by his mid 20s should he go to a shitty club like the Dogs.

      Comment


      • #4
        He could join SBW and earn 9 mill if its money he wants only has to play 2 years .
        Dissapointing but been realisrtic a player with his skills comes once in a lifetime but if he cant perform for wahtever reason then he is no good to this team anymore.
        Baggage is like a disease and its spreads.......
        Anywar 3 peat is on I aint bothered.
        Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

        Comment


        • #5
          The Sydney Roosters have today advised the management of Latrell Mitchell that the Club’s offer for 2021 and beyond has been withdrawn following discussions with Latrell today.

          Latrell has expressed that he would like to explore his options for season 2021, however he remains under contract with the Roosters for season 2020.

          https://www.roosters.com.au/news/201...rell-mitchell/

          Comment


          • #6
            he is gone, which is fine.... The Roosters make Latrell more than Latrell makes the Roosters.
            Last edited by IRoosterManI; 11-05-2019, 08:49 PM.
            My Roosters Channel - youtube.com/IRoostermanI
            My Gaming Channel - youtube.com/xIVERTiiGOIx

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by zac View Post

              What are you basing this on, Fletch?
              Just think its best for both sides now the decision has been made he isn't part of the long term plans at the club.

              Comment


              • #8
                If he goes to Souths, he’s ****ed.
                Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by lordteddy View Post
                  The Sydney Roosters have today advised the management of Latrell Mitchell that the Club’s offer for 2021 and beyond has been withdrawn following discussions with Latrell today.

                  Latrell has expressed that he would like to explore his options for season 2021, however he remains under contract with the Roosters for season 2020.

                  https://www.roosters.com.au/news/201...rell-mitchell/
                  If it's true 800k a year is pretty generous for a centre. No one is bigger than the club tho. I said earlier I don't see him hitting the heights at any other club. Especially if mundane is guiding the way lol.
                  "I don't think anything I've ever done is wrong" - Homer J Simpson

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Salvatori Grubber View Post
                    If he goes to Souths, he’s ****ed.
                    whomever signs him will be paying massive overs... anymore than 800k is ridiculous for the effort he puts in... yes he can have freakish games but he just as easily goes missing.. can NOT believe he knocked the chooks back after all they have done for him.
                    My Roosters Channel - youtube.com/IRoostermanI
                    My Gaming Channel - youtube.com/xIVERTiiGOIx

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by IRoosterManI View Post

                      whomever signs him will be paying massive overs... anymore than 800k is ridiculous for the effort he puts in... yes he can have freakish games but he just as easily goes missing.. can NOT believe he knocked the chooks back after all they have done for him.
                      Can't blame him for getting whatever he can on the open market, he has made it clear he isn't in the game for a long time he wants to bank as much money as he can and then get out.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by fletch View Post

                        Can't blame him for getting whatever he can on the open market, he has made it clear he isn't in the game for a long time he wants to bank as much money as he can and then get out.
                        he needs to be realistic.. he is a centre and 800k for what he brings to the table is fair... as for getting whatever he can... well Easts are the reason he is even in the position to ask for insane sums of money... he owes alot to this club and its not like they were offering chump change... it was fair.
                        My Roosters Channel - youtube.com/IRoostermanI
                        My Gaming Channel - youtube.com/xIVERTiiGOIx

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          800k per year for 10 years is more than 1m per year for 3 years after which he becomes fat and mentally broken and returns home.

                          That's not being spiteful. That's just the reality of the path he might go down when you consider how even such a great coach as Robbo, at the NRLs best club environment, has constantly had to pull off miracles to keep Latrell focused.

                          Opposition clubs would be mad to not ask themselves, "fark me, if Robbo can't keep Latrell happy at a club winning b2b Premierships then what sort of headcase will he be at our club under Dean Pay fighting for b2b spoons?"

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Had to happen. Robbo likes his players to be selfless and hard working. Latrell hasn’t been that this year.

                            Lets just hope he doesn’t turn into another Owen Craigie.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by IRoosterManI View Post

                              he needs to be realistic.. he is a centre and 800k for what he brings to the table is fair... as for getting whatever he can... well Easts are the reason he is even in the position to ask for insane sums of money... he owes alot to this club and its not like they were offering chump change... it was fair.
                              Unfortunately football is nothing more than a business now, there isn't any loyalty left, I know its disappointing but i'm for any player getting whatever they can before eventually their body breaks down and they can't play anymore.

                              Realistically whether its the Dogs/Vermin or anyone else someone is going to offer Latrell more money than the Roosters are willing to.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X