Burgess and retirement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burgess and retirement

If souths are allowed to let burgess "retire" on big bucks (to make way for Fifita I guess) what guarantee is there he stays retired? Could he go to America and claim success in some bogus stem cell treatment, then come back and play again? How would this affect their cap exemption?

Will be sorry to see him go a couple of years before his time. A great player in the NRL and if not for injuries/suspensions etc might have had an even bigger impact.

Comment

If he retires then Souths don’t have to pay him which would free up money for someone else. What is wrong with that?

Comment

Originally posted by Pass the Ball View Post
        If he retires then Souths don’t have to pay him which would free up money for someone else. What is wrong with that?
        Because Souths want to pay out the rest of his contract in order to get him to agree to retire but have it excluded from the salary cap.

Comment

If he retires will ch 9 use subtitles when he joins the coverage team?
          Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

And because its souffs, the nrl will allow whatever they want... Then give him a cushy nrl gig like Inglis... With Greenturd giving Mr dickpic a letter of recommendation..

Comment

Go the Roosters.

B2B baby!
              FVCK CANCER

Comment

Go discuss this shit over on the South Sydney forum.

Comment

The sooner the prick is gone the better. Pay him 10 billion dollars I don't care All I know is he is blight on the game on and off the field.
                  Sure the bloke can play but he was filth and that's the worst he didn't need to be. He also doesn't dominate anymore
                  The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                  Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                  sigpic

Comment

Burgarse out

Fifta and Latrell in.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
                      Go discuss this shit over on the South Sydney forum.
                      I felt dirty bringing up garlo pies judiciary. But yes Burgess movements , unless it's a one way ticket to the moon, I don't wanna know !

Comment

Agreed. It's GI in his fully-paid role that should raise eyebrows. They signed him on $1M a year and broke him. He then 'retired' (i.e. couldn't play for 90% of a season) but continued in a vague coaching/mentor/strategy capacity once his knees couldn't handle 1st grade.

IMO injuries are the risk of enterprise and if a guy is forced to retire early... fine. However, you can't keep him, pay him the same and claim that's got nothing to do with the salary cap. Well you can obviously, but IMO it's bollocks.

Comment

Originally posted by The Axe View Post
                          If he retires will ch 9 use subtitles when he joins the coverage team?
                          Highly unlikely. They don't use them when Jonathon Thurston 'speaks' (I use the term lightly) so I would say no.
                          "Do you expect me to talk"? "No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die".

Comment

Originally posted by 007 View Post

Highly unlikely. They don't use them when Jonathon Thurston 'speaks' (I use the term lightly) so I would say no.
                            It’s just cringeworthy every time the guys head is on the tele.
                            FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by rented tracksuit View Post
                              It’s just cringeworthy every time the guys head is on the tele.
                              And his bogan laugh that follows

Comment

Working...
                              X