David Fifita

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stringaz View Post

Don't know if you've been there, but it's actually a beautiful and amazing place. Some third world aspects. The nightclub scene with the cockhead bogans is about 0.00000001% of the place.

It's a shame really when most of the locals are humble and respectful.
    I think that's his point though... it's basically like the Gold Coast during toolies (which is a cesspit BTW) except:
    - You can't drink the water + the general standard of hygiene/amenities is lower (particularly outside the touristie areas).
    - There's no rule of law, only a reactionary muslim dictatorship that enjoys killing westerners to see their countries beg/cry.
    - Bribery is part of society. Everybody expects a kickback for everything and it's a slippery slope getting involved because you're always assuming that you've bribed the right person.
    - It's full of daggy western tourists who think they can do anything outside Australia (including paedos and the like).
    - NRL players use it as their playground.

I'm sure there's lovely parts (like anywhere) but I would still call it chaotic. Also personally, I don't feel safe entering countries with the death penalty being administered by a crazy muslim dictatorship (with massive expansion plans - they want to be the world's 4th largest economy within 10-20 years and don't in any way respect that they're a poor country that we keep having to bail out coz people are starving and stuff while they spend all their $$$ on building a massive army at our doorstep). I cannot support such actions through paying for their tourism industry - sorry.
    Last edited by ism22; 11-11-2019, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

I think that's his point though... it's basically like the Gold Coast during toolies (which is a cesspit BTW) except:
      - You can't drink the water + the general standard of hygiene/amenities is lower (particularly outside the touristie areas).
      - There's no rule of law, only a reactionary muslim dictatorship that enjoys killing westerners to see their countries beg/cry.
      - Bribery is part of society. Everybody expects a kickback for everything and it's a slippery slope getting involved because you're always assuming that you've bribed the right person.
      - It's full of daggy western tourists who think they can do anything outside Australia (including paedos and the like).
      - NRL players use it as their playground.

I'm sure there's lovely parts (like anywhere) but I would still call it chaotic. Also personally, I don't feel safe entering countries with the death penalty being administered by a crazy muslim dictatorship (with massive expansion plans - they want to be the world's 4th largest economy within 10-20 years and don't in any way respect that they're a poor country that we keep having to bail out coz people are starving and stuff while they spend all their $$$ on building a massive army at our doorstep). I cannot support such actions through paying for their tourism industry - sorry.
      Great post Ism22.

I wouldn't go there on an all expenses paid trip personally,

Comment

Don't know if you've been there, but it's actually a beautiful and amazing place. Some third world aspects. The nightclub scene with the cockhead bogans is about 0.00000001% of the place.

My wife's parents spend about 5 months a year there, they do a 5 year lease on a place. I have been several times..for free and I still despise the place. The only time I like it is when I go over to watch the WSL tour when they are at Keramas, I do enjoy watching that

Comment

I hope this puts a line through fifita's name IF his name was on a Roosters list, which I doubt very much. I also hope the Roosters as a club get through the off season without one incident of any kind.
          "The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Like father, like son.
            Fifta will do time in jail.

Comment

Originally posted by Kelby View Post
              Like father, like son.
              Fifta will do time in jail.
              Should the Roosters get him before he go's to jail or should they wait till he gets out of jail & then buy him?

Comment

Our favourite holiday spot, love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

Great post Ism22.

I wouldn't go there on an all expenses paid trip personally,
                  Which is a shame as I was going to offer you just that.

Comment

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post

Which is a shame as I was going to offer you just that.
                    One-way probably..

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

One-way probably..
                      Only if you carried my boogie board bag

Comment

Originally posted by Cockadoodledoo View Post

Only if you carried my boogie board bag
                        I took my bodyboard and bag over, didn't magically fill up with a banned substance, lucky me.

Comment

I took my bodyboard and bag over, didn't magically fill up with a banned substance, lucky me.
                          Yeah I know hey , because that's what happened to that poor Chapelle

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

Should the Roosters get him before he go's to jail or should they wait till he gets out of jail & then buy him?
                            Wait. We'll get him on 100k.

Comment

Originally posted by fletch View Post
                              Buzz Rothfield is claiming we have jumped into the Fifita sweepstakes.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...37de111f1bfb9f
                              At the same time there is enormous pressure on the Broncos and coach Anthony Seibold to convince Fifita to stay.

Working in their favour is their Brisbane network of third parties, the most lucrative in the game, which would allow the club to put the giant forward in the cap at a lower rate than rivals.

#####

Interesting.

Anyone here know the rules re 3rd party agreements?

Comment

Originally posted by bondi.boy View Post

At the same time there is enormous pressure on the Broncos and coach Anthony Seibold to convince Fifita to stay.

Working in their favour is their Brisbane network of third parties, the most lucrative in the game, which would allow the club to put the giant forward in the cap at a lower rate than rivals.

#####

Interesting.

Anyone here know the rules re 3rd party agreements?
                                Could you please put up the text as most don't have account with telegraph to be able to read
                                thankyou

Comment

Working...
                                X