No announcement yet.

Ryan Hall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I cant see him getting many runs in firstgrade as a winger, but looking at his build and toughness, I wouldn't mind him being groomed as a frontrower, and with his speed, he could cause mayhem to oppoising defences.

Comment

Absolute waste of cap space , I know his reputation but we truly don't need any more winger , or front rower's as suggested earlier.

Comment

Ryan Hall is perhaps the most harshly and unfairly treated Rooster in recent times.

He only got a run in the team during our midyear slump and yet he performed well; running for huge metres every game and making very few errors.

Oh and he was coming off an ACL injury which is kind of a big deal.

Hall is one of the best wingers of his generation and with a full off season under his belt can prove to be a very valuable back up wing option to BMoz.

Comment

Who are the best backs to have played in aus from England?
          chariots, currier?

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post
            Who are the best backs to have played in aus from England?
            chariots, currier?
            Ellery Hunleh altho he played some pigs too...Tommy Bishop, Roger Millward..I'm sure there's more.

Comment

Garry Schofield

Comment

Joe "Dirt " Burgess.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

Ellery Hunleh altho he played some pigs too...Tommy Bishop, Roger Millward..I'm sure there's more.
                  Think I always classed ellery as more of a lock, the other two I can’t say I have heard of.

1-5 probably more what I meant, tomkins looked good in the 9s, shame his stint in the nrl was with the warriors, would of been good to see him at a decent club.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
                    Garry Schofield
                    Was he here with Hanley at tigers or wests?

in the last 20yrs we have seen plenty of great forwards come out here and dominate, but apart from the great Jordan tansey , the backs have been pretty forgettable or nonexistent.

Comment

Carney at the Knights was pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post

Was he here with Hanley at tigers or wests?

in the last 20yrs we have seen plenty of great forwards come out here and dominate, but apart from the great Jordan tansey , the backs have been pretty forgettable or nonexistent.
                        Tigers...and Shaun Edwards played for Balmain too, good player.

Comment

"Aussie Joe" Lydon.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                            Ryan Hall is perhaps the most harshly and unfairly treated Rooster in recent times.

He only got a run in the team during our midyear slump and yet he performed well; running for huge metres every game and making very few errors.

Oh and he was coming off an ACL injury which is kind of a big deal.

Hall is one of the best wingers of his generation and with a full off season under his belt can prove to be a very valuable back up wing option to BMoz.
                            Is this harsh and unfair though?

1. Hall has had a long stint on the sidelines (injured).
                            2. Brett Morris is very good (hard to argue he didn't earn his spot).
                            3. Frankly, I dunno if Morris was on the cards when Hall signed! They both signed around about July but my understanding is Morris was going to the Dragons. A paywalled article (that I saw in the tell-u-cr@p a few weeks ago) titled 'Dragons turned away cut-price Morris Homecoming' suggests that Morris was super keen to return to the Dragons.
                            4. IMO this is an example of our business acumen. We snapped up 2 wingers to replace Fergo, Momirovski and SKD. Both were pretty good!
                            5. Morris was probably a better fit for us than the Dragons. We had developed structures and wanted a steady set of hands. The Dragons had lost Nene + Duges and wanted Jaryd Hayne as a game winner. We all know what happened to that deal. Betcha any money the Dragons got greedy, betrayed cut-price Morris because they wanted all the $$$ for Hayne and in the meanwhile we offered Morris some certainty. He repaid us with a premiership.

IMO Hall hasn't been treated unfairly or harshly. Robbo's just doing his job of picking the best team available. IMO most coaches would pick Brett Morris over just about anybody, any day of the week.

Comment

I mean treated unfairly by the fans; most of whom seem to trash him endlessly as if he was some scrub like Stapo.

Comment

Originally posted by Easts75 View Post

Didn't have too many opportunities?? In 9's ??
                                Honestly, in 9's they substitute constantly to keep the players fresh. He did score I think
                                EASTS TO WIN!

Comment

Working...
                                X