Blame the Media

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blame the Media

"How dare you!!"....cried the haunted Eskimo girl.

I say the same to those that attempt to tarnish our wonderful historic achievements of b2b premierships in one of the toughest team sports on the planet.

How dare you....disrespect us , the Canberra Raiders and most importantly the game of Rugby League.

Blame the media....we were in a no win situation with them. If we win by 40 it's an unfair playing field with our corporate high flyers getting advantages other clubs can't. If we win a great close grand final as we did, they waited to find "the moment" that could guide the public discourse and sentiment. It was written that we, in their minds, were never going to be allowed to "win". Is it they get more hits/likes on social media and for their publications? Is it that they pretty much hate us as they are so jealous? Quite likely both.

The fans from other clubs needed little prompting to join the madness and duly saluted to the cause. They hate us cos they ain't us. Jealousy is a powerful human emotion.

So is laziness...not wanting to expend energy on reasoned thought and your own logic to arrive at an opinion. Rather grab the coattails of someone else. And watch the paranoid hysteria grow and grow. We see many examples some recent of the mob mentality sacrificing individual thought and reason...protests, glue, kiddies wagging school, heads in the sand etc. etc.

Yes the world has gone mad and people are lazy and rather stupid.

But you know what? Fk em all...we know what's right and good and our brilliant footy club epitomizes both.

As another famous girl(lady) said..."We just beat the world so they can all get stuffed"!

The media did the same thing to Steve Smith. I mean, different circumstances and all, but he was a champion who did what almost every freaking captain has done - orchestrate some ball tampering - and in response the media saw their opportunity for some sensationalism and hysteria, which sells, and boy did they take it.

They tore him down to the point that he broke down in tears. The governing body even surrended to the craziness and banned him for a year. Madness. Madness. Madness.

And hear we are in our own scenario where one innocuous call, which was only a supposed bad call because what was initially a bad call (6 again!) was changed to a good call (last, still laaastttt!) but you can't do that so that makes it a bad call again. And the result of this alleged heinous decision? We got the ball back on our 10m line against a set defensive line.

THAT is why the Raiders were robbed? THAT is how you're going to deny us the congratulations and plaudits that should come with being the greatest side of the NRL era?

**** the ****s. They went with this narrative because they could get a weeks worth of frothing clicks out of it; where as giving us our dues would have been over with within a couple of days.

They also do hate us, make no mistake. Like really ****ing hate us. All the merkins in the league media world like Tallis and Ennis can't even hide it.

But so what. One should never waste a SINGLE SECOND trying to be liked by people who don't matter. They can sit in the dark little corners of their mind and wallow in jealousy.

Meanwhile we will continue to celebrate. And even better, the more they hate us, the more tight knit and stronger the Roosters family becomes. And that's what we are under Uncle Nick and Robbo - a family.

Comment

What they both said and....

We should be celebrating not just a grand final win, not just the fact that we are fans of what is clearly the greatest and most successful club of the modern era or the great fortune that we have all had by not being born Souffs supporters but also the fact that we now know where all the idiots are that have gone missing from their villages. They have been hiding under the false pretence of being rugby league journalist and tv “expert” commentators.

I have never seen a grand final where the game (and the Premiers) have been trashed so badly by click bait producing clowns who clearly choose to use innuendo and ignore facts to create falsified fairytales to trash the Roosters. Almost all of what has been written post grand final has been nothing more than negative dribble introduced by dramatic Rooster hating headlines which of course will attract the lobotomised non-Rooster fans who if I may quote Cole Sear “only see what they want to see” and that is anything which takes away from the success of our great club.

Sadly the Roosters and their fans are victims of one of this country’s greatest scourges (the other being Souffs) the tall poppy syndrome. I say f**k them all, embrace the hate as it will only make it even more sweeter when we go back to back to back.

That is all!
      Last edited by Cutloose6; 10-14-2019, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutloose6 View Post

We should be celebrating not just a grand final win, not just the fact that we are fans of what is clearly the greatest and most successful club of the modern era or the great fortune that we have all had by not being born Souffs supporters but also the fact that we now know where all the idiots are that have gone missing from their villages. They have been hiding under the false pretence of being rugby league journalist and tv “expert” commentators.

I have never seen a grand final where the game (and the Premiers) have been trashed so badly by click bait producing clowns who clearly choose to use innuendo and ignore facts to create a falsified fairytales to trash the Roosters. Almost all of what has been written post grand final has been nothing more than negative dribble introduced by dramatic Rooster hating headlines which of course will attract the lobotomised non-Rooster fans who if I may quote Cole Sear “only see what they want to see” and that is anything which takes away from the success of our great club.

Sadly the Roosters and their fans are victims of one of this country’s greatest scourges (the other being Souffs) the tall poppy syndrome. I say f**k them all, embrace the hate as it will only make it even more sweeter when we go back to back to back.

That is all!
        Very well said. With posts like this you must contribute more often!

Comment

Originally posted by Cutloose6 View Post

I have never seen a grand final where the game (and the Premiers) have been trashed so badly by click bait producing clowns who clearly choose to use innuendo and ignore facts to create a falsified fairytales to trash the Roosters. Almost all of what has been written post grand final has been nothing more than negative dribble introduced by dramatic Rooster hating headlines which of course will attract the lobotomised non-Rooster fans who if I may quote Cole Sear “only see what they want to see” and that is anything which takes away from the success of our great club.

That is all!
          Ah yes the tall poppy syndrome! I meant to mention that term in my starter...it's a clear and real phenomenon and lives large and loud in Australia.

As soon as someone achieves success or distinction, knock em down hard n fast.

Comment

Song for the media regarding the Roosters.

Comment

Also, the hilarious notion that Robbo was a bit harsh to Thurston in that post match interview and should apologise is absurd.

As a child I had a Teddy Ruxpin which had more varied and interesting things to say than Thurston. The laughing doll (does he have a chord that someone pulls every 5 seconds or something) still lives in this delusional world where Robert Lui didn't knock on back in 2014.

News flash, JT, you weren't robbed. Nor were the Raiders. So quit the victim mentality, which frankly is good advice for the media as a whole since our b2b win.

Robbo slapped him down because JT was trying to detract from our incredible achievement - a league first in 27 years. Robbo was defending the Roosters club and everyone involved and the incredible hard work that they all put in to win consecutive titles.

So frankly it was a brilliant moment and interview. You could pinpoint the exact moment when JTs tiny balls recoiled back up into the depths of his sack. That's what you get for attacking our achievements and I doubt any "journo" will put forth their sooky views to Robbo in person any time soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
                "How dare you!!"....cried the haunted Eskimo girl.

I say the same to those that attempt to tarnish our wonderful historic achievements of b2b premierships in one of the toughest team sports on the planet.

How dare you....disrespect us , the Canberra Raiders and most importantly the game of Rugby League.

Blame the media....we were in a no win situation with them. If we win by 40 it's an unfair playing field with our corporate high flyers getting advantages other clubs can't. If we win a great close grand final as we did, they waited to find "the moment" that could guide the public discourse and sentiment. It was written that we, in their minds, were never going to be allowed to "win". Is it they get more hits/likes on social media and for their publications? Is it that they pretty much hate us as they are so jealous? Quite likely both.

The fans from other clubs needed little prompting to join the madness and duly saluted to the cause. They hate us cos they ain't us. Jealousy is a powerful human emotion.

So is laziness...not wanting to expend energy on reasoned thought and your own logic to arrive at an opinion. Rather grab the coattails of someone else. And watch the paranoid hysteria grow and grow. We see many examples some recent of the mob mentality sacrificing individual thought and reason...protests, glue, kiddies wagging school, heads in the sand etc. etc.

Yes the world has gone mad and people are lazy and rather stupid.

But you know what? Fk em all...we know what's right and good and our brilliant footy club epitomizes both.

As another famous girl(lady) said..."We just beat the world so they can all get stuffed"!
                up yours.jpg
                The world is full of Kings & Queens,who blind your eye's & steal your dreams!

Comment

It’s fuel for the threepeat. Imagine the whinge if that happens?
                  ..it’ll be interesting to see

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                    Also, the hilarious notion that Robbo was a bit harsh to Thurston in that post match interview and should apologise is absurd.

So frankly it was a brilliant moment and interview. You could pinpoint the exact moment when JTs tiny balls recoiled back up into the depths of his sack. That's what you get for attacking our achievements and I doubt any "journo" will put forth their sooky views to Robbo in person any time soon.
                    He's probably just pissed because he had money on the Raiders at Centrebet. I wonder if he used a Dog's player to put the money on this time.

Comment

Originally posted by The Skeez View Post
                      It’s fuel for the threepeat. Imagine the whinge if that happens?
                      It will be so!

Comment

Did this one a couple of days ago...
                        Attached Files
                        FVCK CANCER

Comment

Next they will blame the Roosters for climate change......

​​​​​​https://www.smh.com.au/sport/cricket...14-p530jg.html

Comment

Some of the stories have been simply ridiculous. One journalist wrote that "the decision robbed Canberra of any hope." Really? Even though there were 8 minutes on the clock. 8 minutes!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny73 View Post

He's probably just pissed because he had money on the Raiders at Centrebet. I wonder if he used a Dog's player to put the money on this time.
                              Thurston, apparently, was "gutted."

Good. I never liked the arsewipe.

Comment

Working...
                              X