How did Latrell throw that pass?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did Latrell throw that pass?

Hi back to back rooster fans, I’ve watched it again and again but whichever angle I view it I just can’t figure out how Latrell gets that pass away to toops. It just looks impossible, phenomenal, brilliant, freakish, magical and it won us the back to back grand final! The raiders tried that at the other end and was called a forward pass so it’s very difficult to do especially sprinting. It was clearly a set move and we could say that we stole the grand final from the stealers.

Also I was surprised no stolen balls by the raiders. I expected at least a few attempts. When Cronk was sin binned I almost turned my tv off thinking that we had all but lost. The resilience of this team was AMAZING. Commentators were already pronouncing a TKO and saying we were so tired that we could only get down their end and win with a penalty. It turned out that it was brawn vs heart and heart won in the end. How good was that guys.
    “Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

it was better than sex?

Comment

Originally posted by roosterchook View Post

Also I was surprised no stolen balls by the raiders. I expected at least a few attempts.
      There were a few attempts, but our boys were awake to it this time.

Comment

Yes Roosterchook it was magic moment for our left hand attack A Cordner captains charge put BJ Leilua on the the ground and unable to get back quick enough. Then who else Keary steps in sends Latrell away - absolute magic flick pass - Toops did anyone deserve this more charges down the sideline and of course Tedesco backing up in support.

Comment

Originally posted by Frozen Chook View Post
          Yes Roosterchook it was magic moment for our left hand attack A Cordner captains charge put BJ Leilua on the the ground and unable to get back quick enough. Then who else Keary steps in sends Latrell away - absolute magic flick pass - Toops did anyone deserve this more charges down the sideline and of course Tedesco backing up in support.
          And yet to Raiders fans it was a free try through a gaping hole and their defence wasn't ready. Such bollocks when you look at how amazing the try was.

Seriously, the more times I watch it, the more I'm convinced that:
          - The whole Raiders' team other than Wighton knew it was the last tackle. Even then, it's as if his mind was in the wrong place and he didn't wanna believe it when he received the ball (WTF would a forward flick away a pass to a half on the 1st tackle rather than powering it up the middle?!? The 'confusion' argument makes no sense...)
          - The Raiders had a lot of time to get their defence ready (and did), aided by Wighton delaying the handover by challenging it. Again, the Raiders were 100% set to defend a set of 6 from 80 out.
          - We created this opportunity 100% outta nowhere... Latrell was half tackled when he released the ball and Toops threw the pass to Teddy across the face of multiple defenders, inside heavy traffic. It was a high quality try that deserves way more credit than it's been getting. When you look at the players who created it, there was no fluke, confusion or good luck involved. It was pure skill and execution by the game's most lethal attacking combo.
          Last edited by ism22; 10-13-2019, 11:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post

And yet to Raiders fans it was a free try through a gaping hole and their defence wasn't ready. Such bollocks when you look at how amazing the try was.

Seriously, the more times I watch it, the more I'm convinced that:
            - The whole Raiders' team other than Wighton knew it was the last tackle. Even then, it's as if his mind was in the wrong place and he didn't wanna believe it when he received the ball (WTF would a forward flick away a pass to a half on the 1st tackle rather than powering it up the middle?!? The 'confusion' argument makes no sense...)
            - The Raiders had a lot of time to get their defence ready (and did), aided by Wighton delaying the handover by challenging it. Again, the Raiders were 100% set to defend a set of 6 from 80 out.
            - We created this opportunity 100% outta nowhere... Latrell was half tackled when he released the ball and Toops threw the pass to Teddy across the face of multiple defenders, inside heavy traffic. It was a high quality try that deserves way more credit than it's been getting. When you look at the players who created it, there was no fluke, confusion or good luck involved. It was pure skill and execution by the game's most lethal attacking combo.
            agreed, but pure skill and execution in the game of rugby league do not warrant media hype, only cotroversy, ignorance of facts , indignation , and social media outrage by people who watch 3 games a year, warrant media coverage.

Comment

Yes, it was an amazing piece of football, but can we get back to discussing the six again call please?

Comment

The most significant GF try in the last quarter of a century and one so beautiful that they need to put it in an art gallery.

A couple of times a day I click on the GF highlights and fast forward it to that moment and just think - wow.

Comment

The bleating that they didn't have time to get their defence set is just rubbish. Aside from the fact that Wighton disputed the decision for a good 30 seconds, break the set down and have a look. Tackle 1 we go to our left for a one up run where we are chopped down pretty quickly. Tackle 2 we go back to the centre, then we shift to our right on tackle 3 before the long shift back to Cords on tackle 4. Leilua sprints up hard and makes a legs tackle and nobody else then went to marker at the play the ball. If they had one marker there we don't score, but their sloppiness in that defensive play has in fact cost them the GF. So there was a 30 second delay in the changeover and then 4 tackles for their right edge defence to get things organised before the match winning play.

Comment

I loved the set up. They gave the ball to Cords and he saw Baby Huey was one out. He let himself be caught at the legs so he could get a quick play the ball because he know Huey would not be able to get back. Keary swooped and the rest is back to back history. I think it was a plan to do that.

Comment

Latrell has been watching Manu

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUzT...youtu.be&t=213

Comment

I can't believe Cordner didnt butcher that try. He has a big habit of stifling Latrell and Toups with a hit up instead of passing the ball on.
                        Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

What a pass. Nice ball back to Teddy from Toups as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosterfarian View Post
                            I can't believe Cordner didnt butcher that try. He has a big habit of stifling Latrell and Toups with a hit up instead of passing the ball on.
                            He couldn’t, he played the ball lol
                            Bringer of Rain, Embrace the Hate, Freedom for All

Comment

Nice pass , that stuck, at the perfect time , I'll watch it over and over

Comment

Working...
                              X