Crucial tackles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crucial tackles

Watched the replay again tonight (4th time now I think) and no doubt our outstanding defence won us the day.

But there were at least a couple of special try saving moments. Not sure if it was mentioned before, but Maubs hurt himself when putting his body on the line to hold up one of their attackers who looked set to score.

Another time Bmoz flew across to make a strong ball and all hit when they looked certain to get across the line. Just to add to his outstanding game.

Two big efforts when it counted....I'm sure there's more.

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post
    Watched the replay again tonight (4th time now I think) and no doubt our outstanding defence won us the day.

But there were at least a couple of special try saving moments. Not sure if it was mentioned before, but Maubs hurt himself when putting his body on the line to hold up one of their attackers who looked set to score.

Another time Bmoz flew across to make a strong ball and all hit when they looked certain to get across the line. Just to add to his outstanding game.

Two big efforts when it counted....I'm sure there's more.
    Yes great efforts on both counts. B-Moz was immense.

Comment

Butcher in that second half......wow

Comment

great to see what an outstanding input the senior players are having into our performance!

Comment

I'm sure Cronk made some try savers. Last week as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Pickett View Post
            Yep - one was on Wighton on the 6 again/last tackle mix up. Wighton beat one bloke and would have scored if not for Coops. We might have seen Wighton at the Presser, celebrating a Raiders premiership, joking that the only reason he ran and scored the try was because he thought it was six again. Could so easily have happened.

Comment

I thought every tackle Latrell Mitchell made by sprinting out of the line shut down any overlap that Canberra were trying to create. Great defence by Mitchell the other night.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Pickett View Post
                Yep, Coops pulled off a brilliant tackle on Papali that saw him rewarded with a ten minute rest which freshened him up for the final mad scramble.
                FVCK CANCER

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster89 View Post
                  I thought every tackle Latrell Mitchell made by sprinting out of the line shut down any overlap that Canberra were trying to create. Great defence by Mitchell the other night.
                  Best defensive game ever from Lattrell...did not miss a beat.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks Fur Coat View Post

Best defensive game ever from Lattrell...did not miss a beat.
                    Well he did actually, but thankfully Joey Leilua played hero and stuffed it up. But other then that minor slip (which had a lot to do with the quality of the pass from CNK) he was fantastic and thoroughly deserves his aussie jumper

Comment

Working...
                    X