They Didn't Know How To Lose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They Didn't Know How To Lose

Last week we played essentially a Grand Final against Storm... we went into last nights game with half a tank of gas and were running on empty from around the 60th minute mark.. yet the boys always found a way to dig deep over and over and over again.. I have seen this from some of the greatest boxers ever... guys like Rocky Marciano or Muhammad Ali... guys that just have that championship quality of finding a way to win even when they looked to be going down....those kinds of champions dont know how to lose and it is a testament to our coaching and development that our players have that championship attitude.. i am so proud of the boys and so proud to be a fan of this amazing club.
    My Roosters Channel - youtube.com/IRoostermanI
    My Gaming Channel - youtube.com/xIVERTiiGOIx

Well said.

That victory - where EVERYTHING in that second half suggested that the Raiders would and should win - is testament to a truly great side.

I feel as though that 14-8 triumph highlights this team's greatness more than a 30 nil flogging ever could have.

We were the defending champs up against a fired up contender. They had us battered and bruised. We had zero ball in attack in the 2nd half. Literally.

And yet, like all great champions do, we found a way.

Courage under fire. Steel in D. A solitary moment of magic in attack. More steel in D.

That is greatness and shall be remembered so forever.

Comment

Originally posted by IRoosterManI View Post
      Last week we played essentially a Grand Final against Storm... we went into last nights game with half a tank of gas and were running on empty from around the 60th minute mark.. yet the boys always found a way to dig deep over and over and over again.. I have seen this from some of the greatest boxers ever... guys like Rocky Marciano or Muhammad Ali... guys that just have that championship quality of finding a way to win even when they looked to be going down....those kinds of champions dont know how to lose and it is a testament to our coaching and development that our players have that championship attitude.. i am so proud of the boys and so proud to be a fan of this amazing club.
      Yep.

What can you say about our defensive effort in our last two games?

WOW. JUST WOW.

And then the class to actually score some points at the death there last night.

From a big picture pov, taking into account how hard it has been to go B2B in the modern era, how important defence is in the big games etc, that might be the best GF victory of all time.

Comment

Agreed mate.

Maubs' injury and Cronk's send-off absolutely broke our back. We only had 3 forwards on our bench and this brought us down to 2 forwards and no halfback.

Rather than have a whinge, we turned up for each other and ruthlessly defended out line. The Raiders ended up with more possession, more penalties, more tackle busts (from fresh forwards) and more metres run. On the other hand, we had more completions, less errors, faster play the balls and ultimately... more points on the board (coulda been 4 more if Latrell had more luck with the boot).

The Raiders can whinge all they like about a knock-on against us being (correctly) reversed (leading to zero disadvantage rather, a wrong was corrected). IMO this exemplifies our attitude v theirs. They needed a leg-up and played the victim when they didn't get one. We just accepted all the calls and got on with the game...

Comment

In our last 5 finals games we have conceded 4 tries. That's why we're the best team in the NRL era.

Comment

Legendary defensive effort missing Aubusson for most of the game and Cronk for 10 and still only conceding one try.

Its a shame that channel 9 have drawn so much attention to one iffy call and made it all about that. The newspapers are doing the same too. The win and the effort deserves a lot more credit than that.

Comment

Good Post IRoostermanI

Comment

I love this post. It brings a tear to my eye. So proud of what this club has achieve. The magnitude of what they have done hasn’t sunk in yet.

Comment

Originally posted by IRoosterManI View Post
                  Great post mate.

Emphasis on Team and Club, no reliance on one individual to win the day for us. To hurt and bleed for each other and the jersey.

So proud of them.

Comment

They're now saying Keary had syndesmosis. Not quite a broken scapula, but not far off.

Comment

I saw the look on Boyd Cordner's face last night. He would have run through a wall for the team. They all would have. No passengers in that team.

Comment

I don’t care what anyone sais about the 6 again call we defended set after and also did it with 12 on the field when Cronk was off we deserved the win. Watching the game at the ground didn’t do Morris justice he played a great game

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post
                          Well said.

That victory - where EVERYTHING in that second half suggested that the Raiders would and should win - is testament to a truly great side.

I feel as though that 14-8 triumph highlights this team's greatness more than a 30 nil flogging ever could have.

We were the defending champs up against a fired up contender. They had us battered and bruised. We had zero ball in attack in the 2nd half. Literally.

And yet, like all great champions do, we found a way.

Courage under fire. Steel in D. A solitary moment of magic in attack. More steel in D.

That is greatness and shall be remembered so forever.
                          Awesome post!

“Soon will the present day order be rolled up, and a new one spread out in its stead”- (Baha’u’llah)

Comment

Working...
                          X