Summary of possible injuries/suspensions for GF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summary of possible injuries/suspensions for GF

Update 1: Keary's been charged with a fine only offence. He's a certainty in my books besides having a bit of a sore ankle.

---

I thought it was worth summing up who will be available for the GF, noting that the Raiders are 100% suspension and injury free.

So the list:
    - Maubs went off for an HIA and will presumably be out.
    - SST was sent off for a punch. IMO the jury's still out on this one because (watching replays) IMO he quite intentionally doesn't make contact. Rather, he grabs his arm and does a fake punch that's more like a way of saying 'you watch it boy!!!' Still, he's in hot water and
    - Keary... opposition fans reckon he intentionally pulled the guy's hair out and then smacked him in the head, concussing him. Banter aside you cannot fake an HIA. Keary could be out. The good news is that (as of me writing this) he has not been charged. While there's that ankle thing, he's moving just fine and I reckon any braces...etc would be classified most accurately as 'cotton wool'. [update: opposition fans are wrong - Keary's free to play muddafukkaz!!!]
    - Latrell's leg (ankle?) looked a bit ginger during the final 20 but didn't prevent him from lifting his awareness/intensity during that period. I expect he'll be on ice and receive the best medical treatment available, but he should be a certainty to play.
    - Friend's gone. Rule him out for 2019... Verrills deserves the ring anyway as he's had an amazing season. IMO while Friend is the cap'n and there will no doubt be games surrounding this, his season's over.
    - Did I see Tetevano put on report for some high contact or something? Thought I did but haven't read anything about it.

Jizzy's worst case team list:
    1. Teddy
    2. Toops
    3. B-Moz
    4. Manu
    5. Hall
    6. Drew
    7. Cronk
    8. JWH
    9. Verrills
    10. Collins
    11. Cords
    12. Crichton
    13. Radley

14. Liu
    15. Butch
    16. Sitili
    17. Silly Farmer

---

Jizzy's prediction...
    1. Teddy
    2. Toops
    3. 'Trell
    4. Manu
    5. B-Moz
    6. Keary
    7. Cronk
    8. JWH
    9. Verrills
    10. Tetevano
    11. Cords
    12. Crichton
    13. Radley

14. Liu
    15. Butch
    16. Collins
    17. Sitili

IMO suspensions will hurt our bench but our core group of players (NRL's best backline, Cronk, Cords and JWH) are all certainties in my books. Whereas, the Raiders will be hoping on another knock-on-turned-brilliance + a 100% unmarked Papalii crash-over trycombined with lucky hands on strips/offloads all night.

I trust our core playing group to get the job done even if we are missing SST, Keary, Latrell, Friend, Maubs and Tetevano.
    Last edited by ism22; 09-29-2019, 11:46 AM.

Mate, Kaufusi never failed a HIA because of Keary. He got pretty badly injured and tried to press on. The Keary 'incident then happened and the Storm used the HIA loophole to get a free interchange and get Kaufusi off. ( think he has busted ribs)

Comment

Maubs is a worry, it was a very heavy knock

Comment

Originally posted by ism22 View Post
        I thought it was worth summing up who will be available for the GF, noting that the Raiders are 100% suspension and injury free.

So the list:
        - Maubs went off for an HIA and will presumably be out.
        - SST was sent off for a punch. IMO the jury's still out on this one because (watching replays) IMO he quite intentionally doesn't make contact. Rather, he grabs his arm and does a fake punch that's more like a way of saying 'you watch it boy!!!' Still, he's in hot water and
        - Keary... opposition fans reckon he intentionally pulled the guy's hair out and then smacked him in the head, concussing him. Banter aside you cannot fake an HIA. Keary could be out. The good news is that (as of me writing this) he has not been charged. While there's that ankle thing, he's moving just fine and I reckon any braces...etc would be classified most accurately as 'cotton wool'.
        - Latrell's leg (ankle?) looked a bit ginger during the final 20 but didn't prevent him from lifting his awareness/intensity during that period. I expect he'll be on ice and receive the best medical treatment available, but he should be a certainty to play.
        - Friend's gone. Rule him out for 2019... Verrills deserves the ring anyway as he's had an amazing season. IMO while Friend is the cap'n and there will no doubt be games surrounding this, his season's over.
        No much was made of SST’s punch so I think he will Ben fine
        EASTS TO WIN!

Comment

Keary fined only will play next week

Comment

Originally posted by Easts75 View Post
            Maubs is a worry, it was a very heavy knock
            Maubs will be fine he actually passed his HIA last night but because it was a cat 1 where he staggered after initial hit he wasn't allowed to return.

Comment

Raiders
              - BJ in severe doubt to play

Roosters
              - JWH back
              - Robbo said Maubs passed protocol and will play
              - SST a fine at worst
              - Keary - a fine at worst
              - The full squad should be available for selection, with no one unavailable

Comment

Why is Izzy assuming Maubs won't play???

Comment

Originally posted by eddie View Post
                  Why is Izzy assuming Maubs won't play???
                  Maubs had a head knock and came off for a HIA. Robbo said he should be fine though so that is good news.

Comment

Both Aubusson and Kafusi passed their HIA tests.

Kafusi was ruled out by the Storm medical staff because of the rib injury he was clearly carrying before
                    Aubusson was ruled out because he staggered on the field but Robbo said he was fine post game.

Comment

Flipper prediction... 1. Teddy 2. Toops 3. 'Trell 4. Manu 5. B-Moz 6. Keary 7. Cronk 8. JWH 9. Verrills 10. Liu 11. Cords 12. Crichton 13. Radley 14. Liu 15. Butch 16. Collins 17. Sit
                      Originally posted by jism
                      I saw Reynolds crying in front of me after the game and yelled out 'WHAT ARE YOU CRYING ABOUT?!?!? GO SAY SORRY TO COOPER YOU GRUB!!!' He looked up at me with a pretty broken looking face.

Comment

Originally posted by Flipper Hands View Post
                        Flipper prediction... 1. Teddy 2. Toops 3. 'Trell 4. Manu 5. B-Moz 6. Keary 7. Cronk 8. JWH 9. Verrills 10. Liu 11. Cords 12. Crichton 13. Radley 14. Liu 15. Butch 16. Collins 17. Sit
                        I presume you mean SST and not Sitili. It will be the same lineup as per Souths game with Maubs starting, Crichton bench, and Collins dropping off the bench.

The only other possibility would be Friend playing and probably Butcher dropping off the bench as well.
                        Last edited by dice; 09-29-2019, 03:36 PM.

Comment

This thread is pure jism.

Comment

Originally posted by Flipper Hands View Post
                            As you have Liu at 10 and 14 I assume you mean SST at 10. Aside from that I'd have Aubo at 16 instead of Collins.

Injuries can happen in the blink of an eyelid and I'd be happy with Verrills at Hooker. Radley and Aubo can cover Verrills if he got inured and Aubo can play in the backline as well in case of injuries. Friend has two injuries (shoulder and calf) of which neither are easy to get over. For mine, if Friend plays he may be a liability and I also think Verrills service from dummy-half is better - just my opinion of course.
                            "Do you expect me to talk"? "No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die".

Comment

Sorry, that was my browser playing up. Dunno what happened there.
                              Originally posted by jism
                              I saw Reynolds crying in front of me after the game and yelled out 'WHAT ARE YOU CRYING ABOUT?!?!? GO SAY SORRY TO COOPER YOU GRUB!!!' He looked up at me with a pretty broken looking face.

Comment

Working...
                              X