Bench Spot (No JWH)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bench Spot (No JWH)

So I presume everyone would be aware by now that JWH was unsuccessful at the NRL judiciary to get his one match suspension overturned for the trip against James Roberts in the game last week.

Unless Parra pull off the upset of the season and beat the Storm this Saturday it is likely that we will face the Storm at the SCG the following week for the prelim final.

So who takes the bench spot/replaces JWH ?

Few options:

* Lindsay Collins
    * Sitili Tupouniua
    * Poasa Faamausili

There's also the issue that Jake Friend may return so do we keep Sam Verrills on the bench as a back-up hooker or have him start then bring Friend later on or do we opt for a forward and use Friend or Verrills as the only full 80min hooker and have Radley as the obvious back-up hooker.

A bit to think about...

My opinion: I think with the last few games I've seen I believe "Lindsay Collins" is the bloke that can step up and takes the bench spot. He ran hard against Souths and with Sio Siua Taukeiaho most-likely starting he should be more than capable to cover in JWH's absence coming off the bench in rotation.

I'm sure Sio Siua Taukeiaho, Isaac LIu and Zane Tetevano will definitely step up and take it to whichever team we line up against but I also think Collins being an aggressive player and hard runner would be a suitable option.

Thoughts ?

Collins.

Comment

I think Collins gets a run. If Friend is back I think Sam V misses out and we have a bench of Tets, Angus, Butcher and Collins.

Comment

Now that the mullet has regrown, Collins to start and smash their boppers
        Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

I’d go Sitili. You need someone who can make more than a few big hitups in Collins and then lose puff. Someone who can play at least 30-40mins and that aint Mullet.
          Exonerate the West Memphis Three - www.wm3.org

Comment

I've been swayed towards Verrills.

We can't leave out Jake because he's our captain and was awesome prior to injury.

But we can't leave out Sammy because he's an absolute gun and has earned that spot.

I'd have Jake play the opening 20min and last 20min, with Sam playing the 40min in the middle.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post

We can't leave out Jake because he's our captain and was awesome prior to injury.

But we can't leave out Sammy because he's an absolute gun and has earned that spot.

I'd have Jake play the opening 20min and last 20min, with Sam playing the 40min in the middle.
              Agree.

Comment

If there's the slightest risk with Jake's arm, then he should not be playing.
                We can't be losing him after 10 minutes.

In Trent We Trust...and pray.

Comment

Maddog Collins all day, everyday for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy Smith View Post

I was thinking similar. Only Robbo knows how fit or unfit Jake may be.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosterfarian View Post
                      I’d go Sitili. You need someone who can make more than a few big hitups in Collins and then lose puff. Someone who can play at least 30-40mins and that aint Mullet.
                      Sitili is good but every game he plays longer then 10 min he starts making bad errors and bad misses in D. Collins for sure

Comment

Originally posted by David Bill Williams View Post

Sitili is good but every game he plays longer then 10 min he starts making bad errors and bad misses in D. Collins for sure
                        Haven’t been impressed with him since he re-signed.

Comment

Anyone consider moving aubbuson to bench incase friend injury and starting angus

Comment

Im a Sitilli fan...but Collibs can make or break himself in this game...are you up to it Mullet?
                            Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

I reckon Radley will start at dummy half with Friend coming on after 20 mins.

Liu will start at prop with Crighton starting at lock.
                              Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

Working...
                              X