Ryan Matterson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

How many blokes who play in the same position as him would get picked before him to play SOO or for Australia?

Best forwards in the comp IMO have been

Cordner
    Smith
    Bromwich
    JWH
    Murray
    Trbojevic
    Fifita (Brisbane)
    Papalli
    Finucane
    Bateman
    Cook
    Fonau-Blake

I personally dont think he is tough or aggressive enough & thats why I believe he was let go by the Roosters.
    You forgot a few others including Payne Haas, Jason Taumalolo, Wade Graham,Vic Radley, Chrichton, Seewaa Taukeheio and ok I'm biased Sam the Hairdresser Burgess.
    Last edited by PRIDE; 09-12-2019, 09:59 PM.
    Originally posted by Old Man Rooster View Post
    South Sydney Forever

Comment

If he thought he was worth more money he should not have accepted the Tigers offer. Sounds like he is reading his own press.

Comment

Originally posted by Thirteen View Post
        If he thought he was worth more money he should not have accepted the Tigers offer. Sounds like he is reading his own press.
        Correct! If other players signed for more money it’s because they had a bigger profile. If they’re not working out it’s got nothing to do with Mattos contract.

And i wouldnt like to see Tet go for Matto. We need players like Tet when we need them to go through walls even if they have a few mistakes now and then. We have enough players of Mattos style.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

Ironically Gus is one we got back.
          Yes ..but that is bit of a stretch really

How old was he and how many games didi he play in juniors for us ?

Comment

Originally posted by Easts75 View Post

Yes ..but that is bit of a stretch really

How old was he and how many games didi he play in juniors for us ?
            I thought he only trained with the squad.

Comment

Originally posted by BenCumminsIsACheat View Post

We've had them in the past and let them go for a reason.
              Guys like Michael Gordon
              you can't be serious....MG won us many tight games with his boot during the time here.

Comment

I watch most of the games each week including our own and Matto was killing it early doors for the Tigers. You can have all the talent in the world, but you also need drive and desire. One of the reasons we won the comp last year was because of Matto and Fergo having that desire. It was interesting reading a comment from Crichton this week saying he was looking forward to playing against Souths again so soon and that it would be fun! I am not sure I would have used the word 'fun' but there you go.

Comment

Unfortunately, Tetevano will be leaving us next year for the Bulldogs for a three year deal for $500k a season. Matterson will not be back as he left us to obtain more money, i.e $350k a year...how much were we paying him...$250k ? We have enough good, young forwards who we need to provide some NRL experience. However, I would liked us to have had a shot at getting Campbell-Gillard !

Comment

Originally posted by Nonester1 View Post
                    Unfortunately, Tetevano will be leaving us next year for the Bulldogs for a three year deal for $500k a season. Matterson will not be back as he left us to obtain more money, i.e $350k a year...how much were we paying him...$250k ? We have enough good, young forwards who we need to provide some NRL experience. However, I would liked us to have had a shot at getting Campbell-Gillard !
                    I half expected Tets to go. I expect Lindsay will challenge for a spot next year, and I'm kind of hoping Max Bailey gets a top 30 spot too.

We will likely sign another middle forward for depth /injury cover.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post

How many blokes who play in the same position as him would get picked before him to play SOO or for Australia?

Best forwards in the comp IMO have been

Cordner
                      Smith
                      Bromwich
                      JWH
                      Murray
                      Trbojevic
                      Fifita (Brisbane)
                      Papalli
                      Finucane
                      Bateman
                      Cook
                      Fonau-Blake

I personally dont think he is tough or aggressive enough & thats why I believe he was let go by the Roosters.
                      Interesting view considering Matto was 18th man for Origin this year.

Comment

It’s easy to say that Matto was one of the Tigers best, but that’s because there were many others that weren’t putting in.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

Ironically Gus is one we got back.
                          When Nick wants to poke Russell in the eye with stick, I just admire it. It's Nick 43 to Russell's 1 thus far.

Chook.

Comment

Working...
                          X