Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone who says they aren't nervous about next week are lying.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Sam Burgess negates JWH being probably out. They get the other Burgess brothers and the Jet.
    Keary is a huge plus.
    Would rather play them next week than later on. Either way its the finals, we are good enough just have to ice it.
    Go the Chooks

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Stehr View Post
      I hope I don't have to come back next week and say I told you so. I hate souffs more than any other club, to lose to them 3 times in a row would demoralised me.
      Make sure you have another go at Tommy Smith for appearing to death ride us.

Comment

if we win next week then souffs play melbourne in a prelim, whilst we get Canberra/Parramatta. Ima happy that we are getting souffs week one of the finals and not in the prelim

Comment

what is with all this negativity??? we have around a 30% improvement in us from thursday... they have about 2%... we bombed 3 trys... we didnt have Keary who is worth 6 points just by himself... we will beat them next week... and trust me THEY are more worried than us... its a huge task to beat us back to back.. heard a few of them while walking out of ANZ and the fans did NOT want canberra to lose.
          My Roosters Channel - youtube.com/IRoostermanI
          My Gaming Channel - youtube.com/xIVERTiiGOIx

Comment

Originally posted by roosters75 View Post
            We played like shit on Thursday night thats why we lost. Will win with or without JWH, Burgass aint playing and they have players with niggling injuries. If our play makers dont get injured will win the GF.
            For forty minutes we did. We made a few errors in the first half and bombed a few but we absolutely dominated them in the first half.

Comment

At full time we lost, just like the first round. If we lead 10-2 at HT next week, I want a 30 point win at ft.

Comment

BRING IT!!

EFFIN....BRING...IT...

It's personal

Not against Souffs.

Against Bennett.

For whatever reason he has a pathological hatred of our great club.

He's brought misery to us in 2000, 2010 and a few years ago when Darius took that intercept off SKD in the first 15 seconds of a semi final. Then there was Stuartgate. Now he wants to rub our faces in more this year.

We all know about the injustices of 2010 GF.

Few talk about the 2000 - we were more outsiders than the Riff in 2003. I thought we'd be done by 30 or 40. But we played strong and brave and for a fleeting moment, there was hope. That hope was extinguished when Thorn (and Ryan?) picked up poor Matty Singh and pile drove his head into the ground where he lost the ball. In the ensuing set, Sailor(?) scored a converted try. That tackle would be a yellow card these days. Then there was Fitzy's conversion attempt which hit the cross bar. Had it gone over it would have been 14-8 and it would have been a frenzied final few minutes. The footy gods were against us that day but we played strong, done fine. Way beyond expectations.

Now it comes to this.

Our attempt to go B2B being thwarted by this old enemy, whose ego will stop at nothing to stop us from emulating his record of being the last B2B winning coach.

Robbo and the boys (and the fans), I say embrace this challenge.

It's personal. Against Souffs. Against Bennett.

Go Easts.

Comment

Oh and also against Fat Richo...(never forget 2003!) for eating all the Garlo pies.

Comment

Im nervous alright.... ABOUT THE FILTHY PUTRID SOUFFS FANS FLOCKING TO THE SCG, a big feral herd, all coming out of their ratholes.

Comment

In reality a canberra semi wouldve been brutal this better.
                      All i want to know is Jake playing
                      Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tobin View Post
                        I’m not worried one bit and I’m not lying at all.

We will obliterate Souffs.
                        Same mate. Very confident. especially after thursday.
                        had we won that I reckon I'd be nervous about whats to come. but we had the practice run for when it really matters and we'll get em next week.

Comment

Ray, I'll be nervous and I think you're right about us all being nervous.

But Souffs have a lot more to be nervous about than us.

Bookies have us 1.36 and the welfare cheats at 3.10.

You've been around as long as me, I know, but we are now 2 games away from a GF (with a second chance in the unlikely event Souffs catch us again next week). I am starting to think this BTB thing will really happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Stehr View Post
                            Give me Canberra any day of the week next week, souffs worry me, wouldn't surprise me if we have to do this the hard way, remember no JWH.
                            I am not nervous, I think we have been unlucky against Souffs each time we have played them. I think a full strength Raiders pack without JWH is a tougher ask than Souths because we are due to get them. It will not be easy but we will own them.

Comment

I was more nervous coming up against Cronulla in last years first semi. If we play well, we will win. If we don't then we get what we deserve

Comment

Originally posted by player 1 View Post
                                Ray, I'll be nervous and I think you're right about us all being nervous.

But Souffs have a lot more to be nervous about than us.

Bookies have us 1.36 and the welfare cheats at 3.10.

You've been around as long as me, I know, but we are now 2 games away from a GF (with a second chance in the unlikely event Souffs catch us again next week). I am starting to think this BTB thing will really happen.
                                Agree 100%. I am nervous, but I was nervous before the Titans game. I'll be more so if Cummins is the ref, but we really should do this mob. They aren't a shadow of the team that won the Welfare Premiership in 2014 and the referees, while continuing to be generous, seem unwilling to give them the avalanche of penalties they got in that year.

Comment

Working...
                                X