Jake Friend May not come back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jake Friend May not come back?

Did anyone one else hear Joey say after the game that Jakes arm got infected and he may not come back?! We have had f all luck with injuries this year... the footy gods wanted to keep the competition closer

While verrills is on, we don’t miss a beat, the kid is lifting big time, and allowing Radley to play his natural game, finals are a different level of pressure and speed, but he looks comfortable, and has some pretty decent characters around him to get him through it.

Comment

Would be a big blow if Jake doesn't make it back, Verrills has been amazing for a young kid entering first grade, I do worry about him defensively though, he looked a bit ragged early against the Raiders even before he got injured.

Comment

Originally posted by fletch View Post
        Would be a big blow if Jake doesn't make it back, Verrills has been amazing for a young kid entering first grade, I do worry about him defensively though, he looked a bit ragged early against the Raiders even before he got injured.
        I truly believe if Robbo had played Verills earlier instead of Radley at hooker we wouldn’t of lost as much as we have
        Last edited by David Bill Williams; 08-25-2019, 03:58 PM.

Comment

I am really enjoying watching Verrills. One thing I worry about is when he comes up against a team like storm. They are super smart at getting in players heads. As good as Sam is in attack and also showing potential in defence, I don’t know if mentally he can keep his head clear in a GF. We just need our players to help him out and he will get it done.

Comment

I heard Joey and Freddy talking about staph. That has to be way off the mark, or at least a milder version. Ron Coote almost lost a limb through it in his playing days. He was never the same.

I had staph a few years ago in RPA. Luckily not the golden staph version that Cootey had. I was on a drip at four hour intervals each day for a week. Then I knocked it over, but my veins were cactus in parts and the canulas get lumpy and painful. It's not easy and I felt like doing a runner near the end of it.

Let's hope it is no form of staph, but if so he could be right by the grand final. Big risk of course re fitness allowing for our medical staff's expertise at prepping a player. If it's a more minor infection than this could be just Joey sounding off. Either way we could do without 'complications'.

Comment

Good to see that Joey is telling everyone before the club does.
              Born and bred in the eastern suburbs.

Comment

He's got a broken arm, we know that. Infected or not, I've written him off.

S*x because at full fitness he clearly adds a lot of value to our roster. However, he's been out all season, so what can I say? We will need to survive without him.

Comment

Soon as Friend re injured his arm I said I dont think he will be back this year. I also said they cant win the comp without their top 13 but I have changed my mind & think they can win the comp with Verrills at hooker.

Comment

NOtice our attack sour when VSam went off?
                    Written and published on behalf of the Liberal Party, Queensland

Comment

Originally posted by David Bill Williams View Post

I truly believe if Robbo had played Verills earlier instead of Radley at 5/8 we wouldn’t of lost as much as we have
                      100% agree

Comment

Victor was the only real option initially. Verills was unknown and untested at the time. Robbo is smart and is still giving Victor stints at hooker I think for 2 reasons. One to not over do Verills and also to give Victor more experience just in case.
                        I feel for Jake Friend, he would have played SOO this year if not injured and he has been biding his time and his time was now
                        The Internet is a place for posting silly things
                        Try and be serious and you will look stupid
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by woftam View Post

100% agree
                          Me too...although I'm not quite sure what I'm agreeing with.

Comment

Originally posted by Mickie Lane View Post
                            Soon as Friend re injured his arm I said I dont think he will be back this year. I also said they cant win the comp without their top 13 but I have changed my mind & think they can win the comp with Verrills at hooker.
                            I trust your judgement when it comes to hookers.

Comment

Originally posted by The Axe View Post
                              NOtice our attack sour when VSam went off?
                              Which meant Vic wasn’t at lock.

Comment

Working...
                              X