Ian Roberts plays a Rooster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milanja View Post

Sound like a time when life was really enjoyed, Unfortunately, there will never be times like that again, with all the surveillance, political correctness, scare tactics from social media, staying in the sun too long through to what you eat, nobody gets to enjoy a drink,a smoke, a deep fried chiko roll, without somebody labelling or judging you.

somebody once said, die happy, fat and your way at 65, or live til 80 eating quinoa and tofu and telling yourself you are living.
    Beautiful.......thank christ we still have footy

farken world has lost it's marbles
    "Qui audet adipiscitur"

WHO DARES WINS

Comment

Originally posted by Salvatori Grubber View Post

Lol. Where did u go to school, Bansai?
      Syd Grammar. Long ago

Comment

Smoked plenty of Maori Bar chronic in my youth

Comment

Heavy heavy shiiit

Comment

Roberts must make a few cameos, in the first episode he was a bouncer in front of one of the strip clubs.

somebody from around the show must be a roosters fan because there has already been a scene where a women is wearing a roosters top in a bar scene.

good show too.
            Looking forward to the next show ' the boys from Binjiwunyawunya ' Sunday night . Classic

Comment

On a related topic, Jimmy Barnes wears a faded light blue Easts jersey in the Cheap Wine video. Which looks like it’s shot in an Coogee flat in the early 80s

Comment

Actually, it’s You Got Nothing I Want

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/You_Got_Nothing_I_Want

Comment

I think Barnesy is a Tigers supporter, but I remember some members of Sherbet occasionally wearing Rooster jersies in the 70's

Comment

Reckon the late author Robert G. Barrett had a soft spot for the Roosters.
                    Sickie Lame .... King of Bestiality

Comment

Originally posted by Bansai Pipeline View Post
                      Actually, it’s You Got Nothing I Want

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/You_Got_Nothing_I_Want
                      Might be wrong, but I don't think it's an Easts jersey. There's no badge. Know we wore the light blue during the war, but have never seen the chevrons like that.

But yeah, I remember seeing Daryl Braithwaite in a Roosters jersey. There's also a photo of him, Schuey and Fairfax and, with their long blonde hair, none of them would have been admitted to Easts Leagues (but you could have imagined them singing on Countdown).

Comment

Originally posted by Easts75 View Post

My footy trainer 'Stringy' used to drop us home from footy training at Burrows Park in the back of his ute in the early 80's !! Great times
                        And when the cops pulled you over for a breath test, and u had 6 or 7 mates, all totally blind, lying all over each other, the cops would congratulate you for being the designated driver.

Comment

Wasn’t much to steal from cars those days other than loose change and a pair of ray bans, these days, phones, tablets,laptops, sat navs, AirPods, $500 headphones are all the norm.

wonder how many would give up the post 2000 lifestyle and head back to pre 2000 living? Probably only people born from 75 and earlier can genuinely have an unbiased opinion on this.
                          Take me back to the 70s&80s and leave me there forever

Comment

Late night pies at The Flying Pieman.
                            Sickie Lame .... King of Bestiality

Comment

Originally posted by The Sack View Post
                              Reckon the late author Robert G. Barrett had a soft spot for the Roosters.
                              Barrett was a old Bondi head hence the Easts connection.

Comment

Originally posted by zac View Post

Might be wrong, but I don't think it's an Easts jersey. There's no badge. Know we wore the light blue during the war, but have never seen the chevrons like that.

But yeah, I remember seeing Daryl Braithwaite in a Roosters jersey. There's also a photo of him, Schuey and Fairfax and, with their long blonde hair, none of them would have been admitted to Easts Leagues (but you could have imagined them singing on Countdown).
                                Mark Harris was barred from the club for long hair too.....but for some unimaginable reason was never invited to Countdown.

Comment

Working...
                                X