Angus on the left edge!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angus on the left edge!!

Love Boyd to death and those tough carries, but Gus has more footy in him that can unleash the left edge a bit more! Won't happen, but Boyd can do his typical hard tough carry playing from the centre!!! Thoughts??

The left edge has become an exciting,attacking combination that looks so comfortable with Angus on that side. I'm with you, think Boyd should come back through the middle or rightt. It is about evolving and adapting as a team if they want to get better. Through injury and/or misfortune, an opportunity arises and Angus' form deserves his retention in that spot.

Comment

Was thinking exactly this - Toupo’s try at the end would not have been scored with Cordner there.

He wont do it but I’d love to see how we go with Cordner right and Crichton left. Probs too late to try it now.
      Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

So now we all love Angus and we want him to take our Captain’s position. Do I have this correct?

Comment

No - I said I’d be interested to see how we’d go, but probably not this year so close to the finals.

I do think as the op says, Chrichton can potentially unlock Latrell more so than a Cordner.
          Making Steve Naughton look like Vince Mellars...

Comment

Why not just move Angus to the right. Surely our captain has earned the right to come back to his position and Angus can be rewarded with his form by cementing a right side starting spot. We definately can't move Radley from lock that is most certain.

Comment

It's Cordner's position.

Lets not get too excited about a beating up of some lowly placed sides.

When it comes time to step up on the big stage Boyd is a proven performer and has been for the past half a decade.

Not to take anything away from Crichton's recent run of form but a handful of good games is a drop in the ocean compared to what Boyd has proven.

Comment

Ive experienced it & Im sure others on here have experienced it where a fellow employee who has management qualities happily continues their roll as a foot soldier but then when the boss takes leave they step up to the Lieutenant position just as good or if not better than the boss. Its like Angus cant be at his best whilst Cordner is in the side.

Comment

Left, right, left....Left, right, left.

As we continue our March to another top four spot I dont really care which side of the field they play as long as they aren't left right out.

They are two gun edge backrowers who will both do the job.
                  B2B is right on track.

Comment

I am getting the feeling Angus will end up on the bench.

Comment

I hope Angus can get Manu to fire on the right, Joey seems to never touch the ball once it gets to Aubo.

Comment

I just think that if the plan was to play Angus on the left when Boyd comes back he would be there now. I would prefer Angus to Aubbo but it looks like it won’t happen. Aubbo really shores up the defence on that side.

Comment

Originally posted by milanja View Post
                          I hope Angus can get Manu to fire on the right, Joey seems to never touch the ball once it gets to Aubo.
                          Manu's average touches per game have remained the same regardless of who's playing right edge, Aubusson or Crichton. He averages 13 touches a game with both playing inside of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Rooster_6 View Post

Manu's average touches per game have remained the same regardless of who's playing right edge, Aubusson or Crichton. He averages 13 touches a game with both playing inside of him.
                            Really, wouldn’t of picked that.

Aubo doesn’t really pass and goes to ground with the ball a lot.

would like to see manu in more space, whichever way it can happen.

Comment

Finally given a start on that edge Angus has shown.what he can do. There is no way Toups could have bagged the final try without brilliant ball play from Angus in holding and timing the pass. It was a magic ball. The sort that our pack has been missing. And in saying that....hasn't Tupou gone from an occasional liability to an absolute asset in also saving our bacon.

It would be good if edge players could adapt at a pinch, but Cordner and the status quo will be restored. One positive point is that Latrell was loving his time with Angus and has really picked up his form. But four into three don't go.

But good to see the Angus appreciation posts appearing at the business end of the season after the early negativity, with BMoz copping the same. If that's a repeat pattern of 2018 with Cronk and Tedesco it bodes well for our grand final chances.

Comment

Working...
                              X